The Subject of Aging

TimeLord

Quantum Scribe
Kerr, since you brought up the subject (in another thread) of altered rates of aging, I will address it here. /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

How can you tell if someone is old? By their appearance. More specifically, there are signs such as grey hair, no hair, wrinkled skin, etc., which indicate that a person is old. Interestingly, these are all related to a single cause: heat transfer. The body is a complicated machine, but it works much like an internal combustion engine. There is a fire burning in every cell of the human body, and blood transfers both fuel and oxygen to those cells. Therefore, it is imperative to have both clean fuel (food), a fresh supply of oxygen (breath), and steady blood flow. Moreover, it is also important to prevent blockage of paths of blood transport. Of course, eating right and exercising can go a long way toward maintaining health, but there are certain ways to ensure longevity.

Aside from old age, there are two other instances where you may observe wrinkles. One is when swimming, and the other is with laundry. Skin is much like cloth, and it wrinkles for the same reason as cloth. When cloth is washed & dried at high temperature, it tends to wrinkle as it loses heat & moisture. Also, when swimming, water carries heat away from the body far faster than air, so a similar effect happens to the skin, causing it to wrinkle.

Hair acts the same way as a heat sink on a computer. Its purpose is to carry heat away from the body so it does not overheat. Of course, clothing can get in the way of this function, as it relies heavily upon convection cooling. You will notice that the hottest parts of the body, where much blood flows, grow the most hair. As a person ages and the heart weakens and arteries clog, less blood reaches these parts of the body, so they become less hot. As a result, there is no further need for the hair at that location, and it stops growing.

The best way to deter aging is to learn to control blood flow. Of course, there are other simple things you can do, such as:

1) Don't wait until you're old to start eating healthy and taking vitamins. The body can only work with what you give it, and it knows exactly what to do with vitamins & minerals.

2) Don't smoke, as it will cause problems for your air intake. We all know how an engine responds to a lack of oxygen.

Perfect health is the natural state of the human body. Sickness and aging are unnatural conditions.

I have told others before, and they may have told others still, how to control blood flow in the body. It is very simple to learn, and its rewards may be vast. We begin by a simple example. In the center of the palm is a soft place through which blood flows.

1) Open your hand, palm up, relaxed.
2) Place a small puddle of water no more than an inch in diameter in the center of your palm.
3) Remain relaxed and wait. After less than a minute, you should feel a throbbing sensation in your palm. This is because the weight of the water increased the pressure exerted on your hand at that point. The body does everything it can to maintain balance, so it will increase internal blood pressure at that location. You will feel this as throbbing and maybe tingling.
4) After practicing this a few times, you should be able to achieve the same feeling and effect without using water. At this point, you have achieved control of your blood flow using your mind alone.

The reason this is useful is because increased blood flow forces open microscopic blood pathways that are otherwise becoming clogged by a poor diet or simply time itself. Also, it increases heat dissipation at that location, encouraging hair growth and decreasing the tendency to wrinkle.

It is also possible to practice this technique on other parts of the body. Ultimately, the entire body's blood flow can be consciously controlled. Blood is the key to longevity.

/ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Might be a good idea to point out that before anybody goes and attempts to control the flow of their blood, would want to get a thorough physical exam FIRST by a Medical Professional, and tell their Doc what they are planning on doing.

The body is a complicated machine

Interesting correspondence there, TimeLord. Might that appear elsewhere in a different thread; Hmm ?

Hair acts the same way as a heat sink...

Not necessarily. What you are referring to is called " thermoregulation ". An internal mechanism Mammals have that allows the brain to adjust the temperature inside of their bodies. To keep the body from overheating, you sweat. But in order for sweat to do its job and cool you off through evaporation, there can't be a lot of thick hair around to get in the way.

Short, fine structured hair facilitates our sweat-cooling response; Long, thick structured hair, does not.

a single cause: heat transfer

Cause; Or effect ?

As you pointed out in your post ; involves several factors, not "just" slowing down the blood flow, but, is part of an expanded process -- In the case of the Yogi, a process that consists of the lowering of Vibration until a very low degree of vibratory energy is reached. The slowing down of the Yogi's aging processes is an incidental effect to his intent.

Interesting correspondence there, TimeLord. Might that appear elsewhere in a different thread; Hmm ?
I don't understand what you mean. I've never said these things before.

To keep the body from overheating, you sweat. But in order for sweat to do its job and cool you off through evaporation, there can't be a lot of thick hair around to get in the way.

Short, fine structured hair facilitates our sweat-cooling response; Long, thick structured hair, does not.
Sweat works by evaporative cooling, yes. However, hair increases the surface area available for convection and radiative cooling (hence the dark pigment in thicker hair). Multiple processes are at work here. /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

In the case of the Yogi, a process that consists of the lowering of Vibration until a very low degree of vibratory energy is reached.
Vibration? New agers love to throw this term around without ever really defining it, and, as many of us know, a word without a precise definition (in the proper context) is entirely meaningless. Perhaps you can define specifically what you mean by vibratory energy? I'm pretty sure you don't mean sound waves.

How can you tell if someone is old? By their appearance. More specifically, there are signs such as grey hair, no hair, wrinkled skin, etc., which indicate that a person is old.

When I was 18 I looked 30 something and when I was 21 I was thought to be 18.When I was 24 I was thought to look my age. Even when I was 26 I was mistaken for 18.

When I was 18 I was heavier set. When I was 21 I was incredibly skinny. When I was 24 I was a little heavier set. When I was 26 I was less heavy but still had some poundage, but this time I looked younger because I had hair down to my shoulders.

I don't know what age I look now. I'm a little less heavy than I was when I was 26 but shorter hair. And nobody has guess my age recently.

I'm just saying that you can't always tell someone's age by appearance alone unless they were old enough to have those conditions you mentioned, but even so there's some cases where people have wrinkly skin, grey hair or no hair at a young age although that might be rare.