Prusa i3 MK3S+ Build

Started the wiring into the motherboard, but found I had the power cable for the heatbed backwards. LOL. So my morning has been undoing some steps and getting that taken care of.

1653755415339.webp

Cables on the bottom right. Got it fixed, but will continue after a Costco run. Aiming to get this done today.

So, everything is assembled and hooked up correctly. Ran some self tests to start calibrating, and there's something up with the Y axis motor. Gotta do some more testing and check the cables and swap out the motor from the old one to confirm, but could be possible they sent me a bad motor.

At this point it's a big pain in the butt, and I'm ready for it to be built and done. It's part of what I signed up for though and really love the "craftsmanship" (if there's the right word) of building something like this myself. Once I get the kinks worked out it'll be a beautiful machine that just "works", but good things take time and all that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I stole the Y axis motor off the older 3D printer before we moved, and will get that wired up once we unpack it and have a good place for it to live. We'll pick back up on the 3D printing streams as soon as we have the internet bandwidth :)

As you can tell from the Livestream tab here, we got this up and running! The motor I stole from the old one works great, no real problems to speak of except first layer calibration. That always takes a few prints to zero in on the best settings. I'm nearly a 1KG spool of filament through and haven't had any major problems though, very happy with my i3Mk3 S+.