Saint Augustine Ghost Photo

PaulaJedi

Rift Surfer
I took this while investigating the Saint Augustine Lighthouse in Florida in 2008. (I also have very good EVP, by the way.) Note: the mist is coming up from under the floor. Nobody was smoking. I went back a few times and tried to re-create this, but could not. Could possibly be an insect that flew up from under the floor, but if you enhance the photo it almost looks like a bent person. Don't know for sure. While we were there, 3 small windows opened up simultaneously in the light house, too. Hi Res photo available upon request. The EVP are of a woman and a child and are not whispers. No children were investigating. It was 4am.

View attachment 438

View attachment 438

I can't find the post on this site or Paranormalis, but someone suggested that my photo is moonlight. I thought this was plausible until I realized that the mist comes up from under the floor and sort of wraps around it.

With digital camera's it's hard to tell if a paranormal event has been captured or not. Sometimes the CCD or CMOS image sensors will glitch. I noticed that your flash can be seen along the base of the floor. The mist could be an error of the image sensor. I've had similar results in low lighting situations and the use of the flash. And it isn't a consistent thing, all the other photo's taken could be completely clear.

Good picture taken up the staircase like that. It could be a lonely Spirit, why not? Did you see on T.V. show I think Ghost Hunters? Anyway, they stayed at the St. Augustine lighthouse overnight. They video taped a Spirit leaning over banister of top of stairway looking down at the people. It looked real to me. The people that work there say it's haunted. My neighbor, she worked as a tour guide for that big church Flagler made. He built most of the town here. When she gave tours for the school children, she'd always feel someone flip playfully at her hair. She always felt it was Flagler's baby girl that died.

With digital camera's it's hard to tell if a paranormal event has been captured or not. Sometimes the CCD or CMOS image sensors will glitch. I noticed that your flash can be seen along the base of the floor. The mist could be an error of the image sensor. I've had similar results in low lighting situations and the use of the flash. And it isn't a consistent thing, all the other photo's taken could be completely clear.
I agree, except I went back a year later and tried over and over to recreate it, but could not.Yes, I saw that Ghost Hunters episode. The shadow man leaning over the banister was really cool. I have some cool EVP from the lightkeeper's house. Even though the top floor was remodeled to be a conference room, friendly spirits still hang around there. Not sure if it is residual or "live" spirits, though.
A few children died there as well. There was a trolley on the property and the children were playing on it and it ended up plumetting into the water, drowning them. The lightkeeper also hung himself somewhere on the property.

I agree, except I went back a year later and tried over and over to recreate it, but could not.
Exactly.It isn't that you are debunking the experiences, it is a matter of debunking the equipment you're using.
The image sensor glitch is "not" a consistent issue. Because it was a temporary glitch, you can take 1000 shots, and never reproduce the same image as captured ( literally by accident ) once before.

This doesn't necessarily mean an apparition wasn't photographed, however, as you know, we ( ghost hunters ) need additional proof - IF it's proof you're seeking. Further proof equates to an additional camera being used - at the same time. I have a T-bar that allows 2 camera's to be attached to a single tripod, or to be easily carried. The bar also has a spot for a full spectrum light source to also be part of the photography array. If you had captured the mist with both camera's, that would indicate that it was NOT a CCD / CMOS image sensor glitch.

The shadow man leaning over the banister was really cool.
Yeah it was, enough to give me the willies. Must have been an awesome experience to actually spend time there.My wife and myself have seen every Ghost Hunters show ever aired. And they're coming back on SyFy Oct. 8th, 9 Eastern. WooHoo !!!
EVP's - not too sure about yet. Qualifiers seem to be important. Random EVP's could be any random reception from a variety of sources. Perhaps energy from sound caught in the flow of Telluric Currents or geomagnetic fields. Answers to specific questions though; very difficult to dismiss.

Traumatic events do result in the transmission of extreme emotions, sensitive people can tell what another is feeling. The vibes, ya know ? That the emotional discharge gets transmitted into some sort of perpetual flow of geo-energy, I believe to be highly probable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah it was, enough to give me the willies. Must have been an awesome experience to actually spend time there.My wife and myself have seen every Ghost Hunters show ever aired. And they're coming back on SyFy Oct. 8th, 9 Eastern. WooHoo !!!
I won't be watching. Zak turned into a jerk and I'm not so sure the show is really all that legit.