Spider-Man: Homecoming

This was such a great movie - Easily the best Spider-Man film ever, and probably the best superhero film of the year. Tom Holland did a spectacular job in the role, and the movie as a whole knew what bits to skip so that we could get to the good stuff.

Vulture isn't a character I was familiar with going in, but Micheal Keaton did a superb job and brought depth to the character's story. In other Spider-Man movies, the villains were all pretty much disposable, particularly in the later ones. In Homecoming, you can empathize with the reason he's doing the things he's doing, and the last 1/3rd of the movie has a tonal shift that makes their conflict actually mean something.

They did a good job making it feel like Peter was a REAL high schooler. All he wants to do is get through the day so he can put on his Spider-Man suit and go on adventures, just like any of us would if we had a gift like that given to us by Tony Stark ;)

He feels sidelined and does his best to prove that he's worthy of being an Avenger, and the way they approach this is done extremely well.

Definitely go see this! A worthy addition to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

It was a very entertaining movie. The last line in the move by Marisa was extremely funny. I missed what was said during the Marvel Credits scene between Keaton's character and the Convict in the Prison. What was that about?

The guy who plays Nacho from Better Call Saul walked up to Vulture and said something along the lines of "so, I hear you know who Spider-Man is". Vulture played dumb and said if he knew, Spider-Man would already be dead.

Probably a setup for the sequel ;)

Back