The Beginning of My End...

Dwayne Adams

Temporal Novice
It all ended on September 11, 2001.

I remember watching the second plane crashing into the other tower, live on television. I jumped out of my chair and yelled, “OH NO!” As cheesy as it sounds, those were the words that came out my mouth.

Fear infected me as well as millions of others around the world. What if we were next, I asked myself everyday after the attacks. One day, while at my job, as an orderly, a man (early 50’s) whose mother I was caring for that day, started a strange conversation with me about corruption in the world and the need for special people to counter that corruption. That’s when he offered me a book to read and told me he would come back in a week to collect it. I really did not want to read it but i took it to be kind.

The day before I was to see him again, I decided to skim through the book so that I could lie and say I read it, not knowing that within those few pages, the information I would come across would be the hand that pushed me down the rabbit hole. The book was called: “JFK:Conspiracy of Silence”

I ended up reading the entire book within six hours.

After returning the book (which I purchased for myself later), I was sure I’d never see this man again. I learned to never say never.

A few months later, I was in an elevator with an oddball tenant (also in his 50’s), who lived one floor below me. I always made an effort to dodge this guy and his weird conversations of bird flu pandemics, chemical warfare and the occasional invitation to his home for a “chicken dinner”. That day in the elevator, I asked him where he was off to, just to kill the awkward silence and the fact that he was staring at me. He replied that he was off to a meeting to discuss things that I would not like to know of. I found that weird. As we got out the elevator he handed my some papers that were stapled together. He asked me to read it and tell him what I thought, much like the man I met in the hospital.

The title of it slips my memory, but one line I read, that made me say, “get the fuck outta here” was: Never whistle while pissing…

I gave it back to him the next day, having not read more than that line, and told him: “Yeah…it was funny. Good poetry.” He knew I had not read it.

A few months later, while researching the 23 Enigma, that was beginning to plague my life, I fell upon a book called: The Principia Discordia. This book was pretty much the bible of the Discordian Society. I purchased the book and began reading the insanity that was printed on these pages. One line that I came across blew me away. It read: Never whistle while pissing…

Soon after I discovered that there was a rare edition of this book that was in the possession of one man and locked away in a very private library. That man was John F. Kennedy.

Now here comes the icing on the cake.

Not long after, I was standing at an intersection waiting for a bus, when I looked across the street and saw two familiar faces standing side by side watching me. It was the man from my building and the man from the hospital. They knew each other!

From that moment, I knew that there was something unique going on here. This wasn’t just a coincidence. I began researching conspiracies, ancient mysteries, paranormal and the supernatural, with a very opened mind. 11 years later, here I am, seeing UFOs, having dreams of alternate realities and currently putting the finishing touches on my forthcoming science fiction book that might just be more real than I think.

I don’t know if I will ever meet the two strangers again, but something tells me, that they are keeping a close eye on me and are probably reading this too. If you are…thank you.

D.A.