Time and Warp Drive Part 1

Leonard

Chrono Cadet
In the New Science and Alternate Energy Section of this website I wrote on how
the electromagnetic force from an electromagnet is determined by the current
through its field coil and the velocity of the electrons of this current in the magnet wire.
A c shaped electromagnet pulls with both of its magnetic poles pulls on an iron bar
with a force F. This magnetic force is:

F=u U L L I I ,

where L is the length of the wire of the field coil, I the current though this wire of the coil,
the u is electromagnetic permeabilty of the iron bar and U is the electromagnetic permeability
of the electromagnet's iron c shaped core.
Can make the velocity v part of the equation. The equation becomes:

F= u U L L I I =u U L I v.

The velocity v=V where V is the electric voltage accross the coil. The volage V
acceleratres the electrons to velocity v. The equation becomes:

F=u U L L I I=u U L I V.

These equation are not yet accurate, but help explain the relationships
between I , v and F.
If the velocity v is increased more electrons
flow through the coil wire in a given time. This increased in electron
volume flow should have an affect on the electromagnetic field intensity B
from the electromagnet. Pulling force F should be proportional to B.
Similarly for particles, when the eletromagnetic field intensity B increases from a particles as its
velocities v increases, the gravitational field intensity g between the charged particles should reduce.
This causes the particles to be pushed together by the gravity force caused by the magnetic force.
The greater gravitational field intensity outside the magnetic field pushes the charged particles towards each other.
When the gravitational field density g reduces, the particle losses weight and the speed of light c
increases to speed x in the field. A mass between attracting unlike magnetic poles loss weight. A mass
between like magnetic poles that repel each other gains weight because gravitatinal field intensity g
has increased in the magnetic bubbles. Then the speed
of light in this magnetic bubble of attracting magnetic poles may be:

x=c/g=c (B^0.5)=c (v^.0.5).

The field intensity B in each particle of a space craft form a warp drive bubble around each of them
where the speed of light
x.>c, where c is the speed of light of a stationary particle. When the space craft's velocity exceeds x, the
space craft may travel backwards in time.
The magnetic field intensity B from a particle like an electron in a coil wire or a space craft seems
also to depend on a paticles velocity v. Increasing B can reduce g and so increase c to x.
Then increasing the spacecraft's flight velocity to behond x , may cause the space craft
to go backwards in time. Such a time machine has not been build yet, but the above ideas and observations
may help develop a time machine design.

Leonard Belfroy,
Calgary,
March 29, 2003.

Leonard, I have been experimenting with the concept of artificial gravity using rotating magnets to focus a magnetic field at the centre of a sphere.

Do you know of a computer program which will run in a windows environment in which I can simulate interactions between three dimensional magnetic fields?

Leonard,

x>c is possible in many mediums. It depends on the refractive index of the medium. You will detect Cherenkov Radiation when that occurs. This was discovered about 200 years ago.

x<c is always true in a vacuum. The intensity of the gravitational field has no effect on the velocity "c". It will effect the energy of the photon.

"c" is already incorporated into electromagnetics. In fact it's velocity "pops" out of Maxwell's Equations:

c = 1/sqrt(E_0 * u_0) = 2.998 ms^-1

You're also using vague terms like "weight" and appear to equate it to "mass". They are not the same. Mass is an intrinsic value - weight is dependent on the gravitational field or acceleration (which are viewed as the same in Special Relativity - Principle of Equivalence).

In the case you cite "g" can be entirely ignored. You're working with EM fields. The EM force is 10^38 times more intense than the gravitational force. For all intents and purposes it can be considered as being zero when you are dealing with particle physics.

Aside from the physics of Special and General Relativity that limit relative velocities to less than "c" there are practicle considerations that would prevent you from surviving a v = c journey.

As "v" tends to "c" spacetime, as viewed from the traveler, is warped. The traveler's body, being an object embedded in that spacetime frame is equally warped. Spacetime and the traveler look like this at "c": U (where the "point" of the "U" is facing forward along the "x" axis of travel.

With the exception of light coming directly behind the traveler along the "x" axis, all light in the universe will appear to come from a single point ahead along the "x" axis...every photon in the universe will appear to be emitted from that single point and coming directly at him (the "y" and "z" axis fold forward and "merge" with the "x" axis.). The light would also be infinitely blue shifted. He'd be much better off if he slowed down and detonated a hydrogen bomb inside his ship. The light striking his ship would be the hardest gamma radiation possible.

Darby,

you seem to have a particular scientific prowess when it comes to physics. Could you please evaluate my theory of complex relativity, as it stands?