Titor's Pocket Sized Singularity

PaulaJedi

Rift Surfer
There is always this nagging little piece in the back of my mind that bothers me about the John Titor story. As I grow and learn, the idea of a pocket sized singularity is starting to sound silly. Will the LHC really be shrunk down to pocket sized by 2036? That's only 20 years from now. Does anyone think this is possible? Also, if there really is going to be a nuclear war or there was in a different timeline, how did technology advance suddenly? Wouldn't a war hinder the growth of technology?

"The LHC is the world's largest and highest-energy particle accelerator. The collider is contained in a circular tunnel, with a circumference of 27 kilometres (17 mi), at a depth ranging from 50 to 175 metres (164 to 574 ft) underground."

That. Is. HUGE.

Any thoughts about this ever becoming smaller? Can a singularity be transported from place to place? Opinions? Thoughts? Information?

Last edited by a moderator:
Any thoughts about this ever becoming smaller? Can a singularity be transported from place to place? Opinions? Thoughts? Information?
Like a pocket sized coin?

What do you know of Rainbow Gravity?

That's the idea that "gravity's effect is felt differently by various wavelengths of light."

"Personally I think it looks like you're driving under a rainbow."

Then, how did Titor contain a microsingularity without it swallowing us/him whole? And how was this science developed in only 20 years, assuming, of course, that it doesn't exist right now?

A micro-singularity is really too small to interact with anything in our universe. In our universe these things likely do not exist.

Then, how did Titor contain a microsingularity without it swallowing us/him whole? And how was this science developed in only 20 years, assuming, of course, that it doesn't exist right now?
Perhaps we could store our singularity in a vacum sealed magnetic chamber and fire electrons at it? I hear Tallahasee has a facility for building such magnetic containment housing.

Perhaps we could store our singularity in a vacum sealed magnetic chamber and fire electrons at it? I hear Tallahasee has a facility for building such magnetic containment housing.
But how big would it need to be?

This is another hole in the Titor story. Electrons are continually injected into Titor's singularity. That is impossible. It would rapidly build up charge to a point where a discharge would take place. The electromagnetic force is much much stronger than the gravity force.