"The future ain't what it used to be."

what ifs...

Here is about Special Relativity:

(Just read -- don't over stress yourself about it -- try to do too much -- commonly called burn-out)

http://www2.slac.stanford.edu/vvc/theory/relativity.html

Of course this is from a prespective of college and a particle accelerator point of view of what happens at relativistic speeds.

(I think SLAC is Stanford's University Linear Accelerator - they have their own website which can be looked up on a search engine of the Internet).

Another place at Georgia University: (Hyperphysics)
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/hframe.html

Hypermath -- just another site:
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/hframe.html

Many different parts to make up the whole of physics or anything else nowadays.

what if time travel became possible ans it fell into the wrong hands....but what if it fell into the right hands (and i dont mean as oppose to the left hands) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
"Do or do not, there is no try!"

..I'm just pointing out a difference between evidence and personal proof. I've had many things happen to me and proven beyond a doubt. When I try telling others, unfortunately I have no concrete evidence..

Uuhmmmm. Never mind.

>what if time travel became possible ans it fell into the wrong hands....but what if it fell into the right hands (and i dont mean as oppose to the left hands)

Funny thing is, that when you time travel, right and left get reversed.

No... This isn't some wierdo science fiction idea. It comes straight out from modern physics - a theorem known as CPT conservation: Reversing time is synonamous to reversing left and right.

So if time travel ever fell into the right hands, and if the right people used their right hand to travel backwards in time, then they will actually be using their left hand when they travel (although they'll still be the right people).

Got that? ;-)

what if time travel became possible ans it fell into the wrong hands....but what if it fell into the right hands (and i dont mean as oppose to the left hands)

Funny thing is, that when you time travel, right and left get reversed.

No... This isn't some wierdo science fiction idea. It comes straight out from modern physics - a theorem known as CPT conservation: Reversing time is synonamous to reversing left and right.

So if time travel ever fell into the right hands, and if the right people used their right hand to travel backwards in time, then they will actually be using their left hand when they travel (although they'll still be the right people).

Got that? /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

fourtytwo,

Good job with CPT symmetry. The reflection of "P", parity, is the broken symmetry. Everything else, C charge conjugate (anti-matter), time, left and right, get reversed. But "P" doesn't get reversed. The symmetry is broken.

You an actually prove this with a mirror. Get a disk, put some black and white dots on it and spin it slowly enough to be able to see the details in a mirror. The spatial coordinates are reversed in the mirror (you don't make anti-matter so you can't test C) but if the disk is rotating clockwise it is still rotating clockwise in the mirror (P).

I think that Feynman has a cute story about this in one of the last lectures in Vol I of "Lectures on Physics." Something about communicating with an alien, teaching the alien all about our world, science and habits, meeting the alien...who reaches out, properly based on the lessons, to shake his hand...but offers his "left" hand. "C" symmetry...don't shake hands. /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back