It is just the way things are.

Re: running short of warm bodies for catastrophe scenario's:

I think I know the solution to this. It was in a movie I saw that starred Vincent Price. Can't remember the title, but it involved "the living dead." Yes, you heard me right... the living dead are the answer. You can kill them over and over and they just keep coming back.They take a lickin' and keep on tickin'.

The Vincent Price movie has always given me a chuckle because Price plays a survivor, and the dead keep causing him additional work. They pick his driveway to fall down in when the sun comes up, as an example. Every morning he has to go out and drag the bodies to the side before he can get his car out. He spends his free time at his lathe turning out stakes to drive through their hearts, and grumbling to himself about what a nuisance the living dead are causing him. But there's just too many of them. They're everywhere --and they know that he is alive ( /ttiforum/images/graemlins/ooo.gif )So they just keep lumbering to his house, moaning.

Yes, the living dead will supply an endless demand for warm bodies(although I suppose they are really cold bodies). You have to take what you get.

The beautiful part about this is that after all the catastrophes, you still have billions of people left to send to hell at the Last Judgement.

The Vincent Price movie has always given me a chuckle because Price plays a survivor, and the dead keep causing him additional work.

"Last Man on Earth" 1964. Charlton Heston reprised it in 1971- "Omega Man". In 2007 Will Smith did it once again as "I am Legend".

"Last Man on Earth" 1964. Charlton Heston reprised it in 1971- "Omega Man". In 2007 Will Smith did it once again as "I am Legend".

I am Legend. I loved that movie. I also watched a current release lately of what would happen if man disappeared from the earth. In I am legend it appears if they got it right. Within a few years the earth was reclaiming the cities. And, it looks like people went back to building fortifications to protect themselves. Much as they really would do if civilization yet again collapsed. It has happen once already. When Rome fell that set the world back technology wise. Not that the Roman army did not destroy a lot of libraries with a lot of knowledge because they did and burned the scrolls in their fires. History tells a tell of what man is really like if it is correctly studied. And, it shows what is possible in the future. The thing that is true about the future is that it can be un-predictable and things can change so much not only in a short period of time but over the long run too. In the span of 100 to 200 years life on earth will be much different that it is now. At least what ever life will still exist because that too can always change as I just read this early morning that North Korea tested another nuclear weapon. And currently for every car that burns 1 gallon of gas 5 pounds of Co2 is being dumbed into the biosphere of the earth. How many cars are out there? Well there is 6 billion people on the planet and a lot of them drive cars so do the math. Everyone have a good day. Im sleeping in today. Yeah!

Hi Peter_Novak:

OK you say 100 days before the end of life as we know it, but I talk to farmers and they have plenty of fuel, plenty of grain, and I do not see a massive drought causing food to disappear this year.

So what could cause the supermarkets to be empty.

1) Ed Dames says that a virulent wheat-killing disease called black wheat stem rust fungus Ug99 (Puccinia graminis) could destroy crops across the globe.

2) Hackers could smash the power grid and bring down our society.

3) A war in the Middle East could stop the flow of oil.

Here is a scenario that would make all I saw come true. North Korea could sell terrorists a nuke and they could do a high burst causing a massive EMP. This would fry all our "non-hardened" electronics, so you have the dark city, the empty highways, the abandoned "ghost towns", smashed out grocery stores, etc. /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The world as it is, in your current day as I post this on the 14th of June 2007, will no longer be sustainable. I do apologize for the inconvenience, please consider a more sustainable balance for your futures. Global economic imbalances must be corrected, Cultural imbalances must be corrected. This due course of events will happen as I have stated previously.

Lyndon LaRouche said much the same thing on July 25, 2007, just six weeks later.

http://www.larouchepub.com/lar/2007/webcasts/3430july25_opener.html

This hypothetical holds no merit.

So, we're all in debt to Henry Ford for bread?
C'mon.

Sorry to the international visitors to the site, but I'll focus on N. America.

In some 'sort' of worst case scenerio, all the jobless would just have to go work on a farm.
They did it for a long long time.

I don't think we're in any danger in the next century of running out of dirt or seeds.
Not enough land? Bull.
Take a look at Canada for an example. If you ignore major urban centers (not long ago it was approximated that 3/4's of Canada's population was found between Windsor & Ottawa), there's a whole lot of 'rugged land' to be found everywhere else.
With 'global warming' in that regard, there's that much more lol.
The States has a lot bigger pop. but that's when you only look at certain areas.
Senseless to ramble on about this really. Too many facts to choose from.

I think they are dancing with facts that stay away from the only real way to cast doom, and gloom.
Nuclear exchanges. If that's what you're getting at, say it, otherwise running out of oil for major food production is weak.

I just saw a retiring Officer eat his sponge cake from his Vietnam war rations that he saved. His comment? 'Still moist' lol.

These proponents of 'the wheel ceases to function' have gotten most of their facts from Michael Moore. Whom gets his facts from where he picks and chooses for a political end.

Actually, the seed is a big issue. I live in a farming community and it's what my granparents did their whole lives. Used to be farmers saved seed from year to year, but because of genetically modifying pretty much everything these days, they can't do that any more. We have created these fantastic hybrid seeds that are resistant to disease and bugs, but guiess what? They don't reproduce, so the farmers have to buy seed every year now. Also, there is very little known about the effect of foods produced with these seeds on our bodies. One theory says perhaps all the infertility problems today come from eating foods that turn off reproduction genes.

Not that I am buying into this gloom and doom scenario. Just thought you would like to know the truth about our foodchain. We really should be outlawing genetically modified foods, along with tons of other social problems! I wish it was a LOL matter, but it's not.

The world as it is, in your current day as I post this on the 14th of June
2007, will no longer be sustainable. I do apologize for the
inconvenience, please consider a more sustainable balance for your
futures. Global economic imbalances must be corrected, Cultural
imbalances must be corrected. This due course of events will happen
as I have stated previously. In your current time the course of
events of which I speak is set in stone and will not change. You will
hear words like "Civil War" and "Massacre in Palestine", The Middle
East will erupt in chaos and all out war.
It starts and then stops,
then starts up again, this is a continuous struggle which has gone on
for years and will come to a very abrupt end.

Looks like it is starting now. In Tunesia, Egypt, Libya, Yemen...

TimeLord,

But aren't Egypt, Libya, and Tunisia in Africa, not the Middle East?

Square pegs, round holes - round pegs, square holes. What's an entire continent among time travelers? It's only 2800 miles from Tunisia to Iran - you know, about three times farther than it is from France (900 miles) and twice as far as England (1200 miles), both of which are also in the Middle East. And Libia is a lot closer to Iran. It's only 2100 miles.

Hmmm...slight correction. I was just informed that France and England are in Europe, not the Middle East. Sorry about that.

I think the mass perception (from your typical educated American), is that Tunisia, Libya, Egypt ARE in the Middle East. I think those words written in 2007 are pretty relevant to what is happening today. Darby, I think you look at thing too literally sometimes. Its as if I misspelled a bncuh of wdors wehn making a predcitoin. The information would still be relevant, but you would be commenting on the grammar. If you view "Middle East" to mean "Arab World", this prediction is spot-on. The "starting and stopping" comment is is also relevant as that seems to be the pattern.

I think the mass perception (from your typical educated American), is that Tunisia, Libya, Egypt ARE in the Middle East.

What you (or Peter) think or feel is irelevant. Egypt, Tunisia and Libia aren't even close to the Middle East. They're in Africa and the vast majority of people are well aware of that fact. TimeLord is from England. I can assure you that he knows where Europe, Africa and the Middle East are and the geographic difference between them. The Middle East is Southwest Asia even though some people try to stretch Asia into Africa (ask an African if s/he is an Asian of any sort). Trying to make square pegs fit round holes doesn't move Tunisia 2800 miles northeast across the Med.

By your standard Indonesia must also be in the Middle East because Islam is the majority religion in that country. Heck, it's only 4700 miles from Indonesia to Iran. By the same standard you can define southern Spain (Andalusia) as the Middle East. Is Andalusia the Middle East just because of its strong Islamic influence?

Like I said darby, you take things too literally. Go pole 100 avg. americans and see if they don't think Tunsia and Libya are in the middle east. And don't poll 100 people at Yale, pole 100 people on the sidewalk, the grocery store, Denny's . Those people think Libya is the middle east. Hot, desert, dark skinned people speaking arabic = middle east per avg. american.

Don't believe me? Go poll 100 people .

The point is, a prediction on this string is turning out to have some validity to it and you just can;t admit it.

The point is, a prediction on this string is turning out to have some validity to it and you just can;t admit it.

A hundred people, today, aren't the issue. Who cares what they think? The issue is a supposed time traveler's schill who attempts to intrepret the missives of the time traveler from the future from his own perspective as if it isn't subject to interpretation by others.

The fact is that Libia isn't in the Middle East. It is in Africa. That I take that fact literlally doesn't change the fact that Sr. Novak wants a specific outcome and will go to any length to make the "facts" fit his interpretation. His post tramatic stress disorder (and I am truly sorry that the death of his former wife is the cause of this disorder) not withstanding does not make his theories valid. He wants what he wants - end of story.

It's his ideas - not Zeshua's - that he's proferring. If I'm wrong, let Zeshua, not you or Peter, contradict me.