"The future ain't what it used to be."

Terrorism? How about mother nature.

informer

Timekeeper
2006 is going to be a very bad year. Enjoy the tranquility while it lasts.

This year's hurricane season will top 2005 as the deadlist/costliest in history.

* A tropical depression forms on July 11, 2006... which is soon named Helene. It intensifies overnight to a monster catagory 5 storm with 195mph winds, with a barometric pressure of 856mb. High pressure over the Atlantic pushes the storm northwestward into the eastern seaboard of the United States around Cape Cod. Boston takes the full brunt of a cat 5 storm on July 19, 2006.

* A tropical depression forms on September 2, 2006... which is soon named Oscar. It intensifies overnight to a catagory 3 storm with 135mph winds. Over the next 36 hours it tracks westward into the Gulf of Mexico where it explodes into a super storm clocking in with 200mph sustained winds in the eye, the barometric pressure is 822mb. It strikes Galveston, TX on September 11, 2006, only weakining to a minimal catagory 5, with 155mph sustained winds, at landfall. Storm surge is on the oder of 40 feet and much of the city is underwater and devestated afterwards.

* A 9.3 earthquake will hit San Francisco on April 19, 2006, in the late morning hours.

* Honolulu is underwater by the resulting tsunami that the massive central California quake creates.

* Washington, DC is struck by a F4 tornado on May 26, 2006. The White House sustains heavy damage.

Climate change is upon us. If you haven't noticed, the 2006 Winter has been nearly non-existant in many parts of the country.

* A tropical depression forms on July 11, 2006... which is soon named Helene. It intensifies overnight to a monster catagory 5 storm with 195mph winds, with a barometric pressure of 856mb. High pressure over the Atlantic pushes the storm northwestward into the eastern seaboard of the United States around Cape Cod. Boston takes the full brunt of a cat 5 storm on July 19, 2006.

A category five hurricane probably never hit above NJ because of many reasons.

The first and most important reason is the earth's rotation. Hurricanes gain strength and usually begin between 14 and 25 degrees latitude. Due to the earth's rotation being more relevant at these latitudes, a cat 5 hurricane and even a cat 4 hurricane will most likely never hit above NJ. The earth's rotation helps fuel the hurricane and make it stronger, but even if it becomes a cat 5 near cuba, it will almost always lessen to at least a cat. 3 or less by the time it reaches land in the north. There has only been around 2 or 3 (I don't really remember) cat. 5 hurricanes that actually made landfall and these were in the southern states...

hu_orig.gif

hur5005.jpg

Another reason deals with cold water. As you probably know, warmer water also fuels the hurricane in which the temperature of the water in florida compared to boston is about a 30 degree difference, especially in July. The warmer water will create more moisture in the atmosphere and intesify the hurricane.

formations.jpg

h_prob.gif

Probability of a Hurricane. As you can see, it is very low to hit anywhere above New York.

ih_prob.gif

All these images are pretty much self explanatory and prove that is highly unlikey for a cat. 5 hurricane to hit anywhere from the likes of Atlantic City, NJ to Maine.

Hello informer:

Thanks for the predictions. These are the kinds of highly specific prognostications that one would expect from someone claiming to be a time traveler, such as the alleged John Titor claimed to be. I eagerly look forward to tracking your predictions and commend you for their specificity. It should be a fun ride. And while you may turn out to be correct in some and may have missed the mark on others, I don't plan on giving you the level of ridicule that I extended to The John Titor Experiment, for the simple reason that you have laid-out specifics and put yourself on the line, as it were. That takes guts. Now, just a few notes to qualify your predictions so others don't get the wrong idea:

A tropical depression forms on July 11, 2006... which is soon named Helene.
We should note that the date, and not the name, is what is significant in this prediction and your prediction for Oscar. Most of us know that the names for a hurricane season are chosen in advance and published for all to reference prior to the onset of hurricane season. HERE are the names for the upcoming 2006 hurricane season, and as we can see Helene and Oscar are indeed on the list. So what will be important is to see if you got the dates and magnitudes correct!

A 9.3 earthquake will hit San Francisco on April 19, 2006, in the late morning hours.
Now you're talking my language, and maybe even taking a page from my book! /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif Certainly, I would agree that April 19th is in the spring "earthquake season" as my theory and model have been laid out in another thread here. In case you didn't read them, my theory is based on thermal stresses caused by temperature rate of change in the earth's crust due to seasonal heating. Mid April to early June is the time when thermal rates are highest in the northern hemisphere as these are known to occur just after the vernal equinox. Based on my studies I think your date might be a tad early in the season, but I am by no means saying you are wrong nor that it couldn't happen. I also agree with you on the time of day, and the daily maximums for thermal rates of change occur in the morning hours during the spring season and in the early evening hours in the autumn season. As far as the localization, I am surprised that you pinpointed San Francisco. Might you want to give a broader region for that just in case another likely area (Coalinga?) might be the home for the epicenter?

Washington, DC is struck by a F4 tornado on May 26, 2006. The White House sustains heavy damage.
Now I'd have to admit that this one is VERY odd for the simple fact that DC is clearly nowhere near "tornado alley", and the atmospheric impact of the Atlantic Ocean is the major factor in what keeps tornados from forming on the eastern seaboard. Of course I am sure you understand the fluid dynamic situation of warm and cold air mixing that is what gives rise to tornados. Again, I am not saying it is impossible, but it will certainly surprise me if this prediction comes true!

Again, thanks for the SPECIFICS. Here's to hoping that most (if not all) of your predictions do NOT come true!

RMT

Nice try informer, but none of it will happen now! But if it any of it rings true reassurance was at hand (for those of us who saw Hurricane Katrina coming) on August 28th 2005 at 1:00pm EDT when the mayor of New Orleans ordered a mandatory evacuation order and the busses where reared up and waiting to leave New Orleans… /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

However, it’s no secret that the earth has an elliptical rotation with the moon lagging minutely behind… When the Earth and the moon are aligned in this elliptical sequence it tugs at the earths crust, which is what causes earthquakes, tsunamis, tornados and all havoc of weather conditions – even the human psyche. If G-d really wanted to stir things up he would arrange the alignment of the earth, moon and sun… This would be the contraction of all labor!

Did you also know that in August of 1990 (almost 16 years ago) there was a 6-planet alignment, which was the onslaught of the Desert storm war?

It is also well documented that in the horoscopes of emperors that we find that Jupiter played a role that bestowed kingship or the emperorship… With Jupiter the royal star symbolizing the coming of a new king, Saturn symbolized the old ruler. When these two planets moved close to each other in the sky, it meant the movement of one reign to another. If they met in the constellation Pisces, the meaning was even clearer. Pisces was the sign of Israel. Than in 7BC Jupiter and Saturn have a triple conjunction (about every 820 years) than in Aries, 1 year later Jupiter was eclipsed by the moon in the east. Now with Jupiter in the east it “possibly” symbolized the exact B-day of Christ… April 17th through the 19th, 6BC… (which ironically is the Jewish Passover.)

I do not agree within everything that the little Jewish girl says on this board.With respects to the topic, if there is a wise, powerful and omnificent God, lurking somewhere on the face of this planet, then fooling with the nature of the weather, for political gain, would be one of the most foolish feats, ever accomplished by certain types of man?

The Washington tornado is caused by unseasonably cool weather around the mid-Atlantic clashing with warm, humid air being pulled out of the gulf by an early-season tropical storm.

Winter temps in the east along the coast have been warmer than average through much of the Winter, causing sea temps to not fall as much as they typically do. When Spring and Summer approach, sea temps will rise quickly and bring an early start to the 2006 hurricane season, which is known to some as "the season that never ended". Storms develop as late as mid February 2007, forcing the NOAA to create an alternate list of storm names, after exhausting the greek alphabet names in late December 2006.

President Bush is overwhelmed in early 2007 due to tremendous pressure from all the natural diasters. FEMA has a class-action lawsuit filed against it for taking 96 hours to respond to the San Fransicso earthquake.

The war in Iraq takes a deadly turn on July 4, 2006 when a suitcase nuclear weapon is detonated in Baghdad, killing hundreds of troops and thousands of Iraqis. Gas prices soar to $6.04 a gallon (national average as of October 2006) as the oil-pumping infrastructure in Iraq is heavily damaged, coupled with more damage to the oil refineries and pumping platforms in the Gulf of Mexico to due to the large amount of strong hurricanes.

President Bush resigns on June 1, 2007. In his speech he maps out the reasons for his early departure from office. Key factors in his resignation include insutmountable pressure from the public (his approval rating is just 13% at the time of resignation) to end the war in Iraq, about how he has handled the recent public crises, high energy prices and a failing economy. Cheney assumes position of Commander-in-Chief.

A third party canidate wins the 2008 election.

A third party canidate, again, wins the 2012 election.

A third party canidate, for the third time, wins the 2016 election. Notice a trend here? Bush ruined it for both major parties. By 2008, Americans are ready for something different.

Man on Mars! - NY Times headline, July 28, 2022

Central-Australia asteroid impact on March 2, 2029. The size of 20 football fields. By this time, Australia is already a desert, moreso than now.

That's all for now.

Hi informer:

Again, thanks for the specifics. You can bet I'll keep an eye on them. :eek:

A third party canidate wins the 2008 election.

A third party canidate, again, wins the 2012 election.

A third party canidate, for the third time, wins the 2016 election. Notice a trend here? Bush ruined it for both major parties. By 2008, Americans are ready for something different.
I know you mean "candidate". Now, I think this is GREAT news! I've always thought we needed a 3rd party to get into the act to buck the tendency of the other two parties to agree to status quo! Can you at least tell us which party/organization the 2008 candidate comes from? Of course, since you are not afraid to give specifics, a name would be even better!

Thanks! Keep 'em coming!
RMT

^agree, except that wouldn't be a third party. Also are you going to be claiming that your a time traveller? or someone privy to knowledge that were not? very interesting predictions like RMT stated ill be watching them closely.

Agreed but as for the category. 5 hurricane hitting Boston, I will be watching this one verrryyyyy closely. Just don't go around saying that one to a meteorologist... /ttiforum/images/graemlins/yum.gif

And as shadow689 asked, are you claiming to be some sort of time traveler or a prophet? If so, what time are you from?

How about telling us when the first hurricane of '06 forms?

Informer,

Oh, you should never, never doubt what nobody is sure about. Because as Willy Wonka said: There's no earthly way of knowing, which direction we are going… There's no knowing where we're rowing… Or which way the river's flowing… Is it raining? Is it snowing? Is a hurricane a-blowing? Not a speck of light is showing… So the danger must be growing… Are the fires of hell a-glowing? Is the grisly reaper mowing? Yes, the danger must be growing, cause the rowers keep on rowing… And they're certainly not showing… Any signs that they are slowing!

Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple. That's 105 percent!

Eh well, a self-fulfilling prophecy is an assumption or prediction that, purely as a result of having been made, cause the expected or predicted event to occur and thus confirms its own “accuracy.” If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted as true is really true, there would be little hope of advance. What ever happened to clarity and consistency in our moral thinking to lead us to hold better views?

It happens every time, they all become blueberries!

Well, the suspense is terrible. I hope it will last...

CAT,

I think you've been reading way too many of Creedo's posts! :D Are you trying to send him a subliminal message?

I like blueberries, especially when I have shredded wheat! /ttiforum/images/graemlins/yum.gif
RMT

Hey! I am from the Blueberry Capital of the World! Go figure..
Cool! Can I put in a monthly order with ya, roo? /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif Or are the fields where you are going to be destroyed in the coming apocalypse?

RMT

Haha! Only if you are prepared to taste the best blueberries ever! Lets just hope that the cat. 5 hurricane doesn't wipe us out! /ttiforum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Haa haa - Creeds comes on center stage singing: There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hey, I love Blueberries too! They contain one of the strongest antioxidants - which make for a nice complexion... I do know one thing though... If the Blueberries get wiped out, there will sure be a bunch of nasty bears berating towards informer!

My predictions for 2006,

Mon, January 23 - Canada elects the most pro-American leader in the Western world. Free-market economist Stephen Harper, leader of the Conservative Party, is pro-free trade, pro-Iraq war, anti-Kyoto, and socially conservative. Move over Tony Blair: Mr. Harper quickly becomes Mr. Bush's new best friend internationally and the poster boy for his ideal foreign leader.
(I'm voting for him tomorrow morning)

Sun, July 16 - Ottawa Senators win the cup in game 6 against Detroit

Wed, Aug 30 - People talk about how hot it is compared to when "they" were kids.

Fri, Oct 13 - Microsoft releases service pack 2 for Windows Server 2003

Nov -> onwards: credit card intrest rates fall in north america and all ATM fees are made illegal in north america and we sign onto the missile shield.

2008 - Alex Jones is still warning about martial law but has a different name to curse out.

2012 - George Noery retires and than Ian guy does the M-F timeslot for him.

2025 - "The Hat" is introduced, available in many styles from french barret to davey crocket to that upside down-slightly to the side-visor thing the kids wear. It is a new input device making the keyboard and mouse obsolete. I complain about this a lot to anyone who will listen because I had the idea first but nobody would help me make it.

So we elected Stephen Harper. I'm 1/1 so far.
That's all the evidence I need, bogz. You ARE from the future! /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif Can I have your autograph? /ttiforum/images/graemlins/loveit.gif More importantly, can you give me that big stock tip I need to retire?

RMT

Back