Terrorism? How about mother nature.

thelegend:
Just 2 days before the 19th... shouldn't there be siezmic activity?
There is continuous seismic activity happening along the CA coast and fault system. Here is a shake map where you can keep track of it.

http://quake.wr.usgs.gov/recenteqs/latest.htm

However, to answer what I think is your intended question: No, it is not necessary to have "a big one before the big one" or even a moderate one before the big one. For those who perhaps didn't track my thread from last year on this topic: I have built a mathematical model based on statistical data that tells me there actually are TWO "earthquake seasons", and that they correspond with the local earth's crust rate-of-change of thermal heating just after the vernal and autumnal equinoxes. This theory only applies to the CA coast, as this is the only area whose data I used in my model. According to what I get from my model, the end of April is the beginning of the spring earthquake season here. So, April 19th may not be a bad stab at a date, especially when one looks at history, as MEM has pointed out. Personally, I don't think we will see anything over magnitude 4.8 in the region until the first week in May... but I could be proven wrong!

In any event, you can be sure I will post to this thread by the end of this coming WED to document whether the informer's prediction came true.

Ray

Drumroll, please?
* A 9.3 earthquake will hit San Francisco on April 19, 2006, in the late morning hours.

Counting down to the "late morning hours" of tomorrow. One must assume that is a reference to local San Francisco late morning hours....same as mine here in SoCal.

RMT

RMT

My prediction is that there will not be an earthquake in San Francisco tomorrow. I don't wish to reveal the source of my intel just yet.

Strange thing on the weather channel tonight. I dont know who is the original source for this prediction, but the spokesman mentioned a possible earthquake tomorrow in San Francisco.

Now I am curious as to how far and wide this information traveled. Apparently it has gotten to the major news organizations, for it to be mentioned on the weather channel.

Good Morning, Einstein! (Morning of 19 April, 2006, BTW):

My prediction is that there will not be an earthquake in San Francisco tomorrow. I don't wish to reveal the source of my intel just yet.
Really going out on a limb with that one, Einstein! /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif I certainly agree with you, and it would be interesting to compare our intel sources once we make it into the afternoon with no earthquake.

RMT

Hi OvrLrd,
Strange thing on the weather channel tonight. I dont know who is the original source for this prediction, but the spokesman mentioned a possible earthquake tomorrow in San Francisco.
Wow! Can you fill in any more details? I think the weather channel is a pretty respectable outlet of scientific information, so if they are going to offer-up something like this I would feel certain they would provide background, justification, and information on how someone arrived at this "prediction". Did they offer-up any such info?

Of course you know I have put forth my own scientific theory on "earthquake seasons", based on my own analysis and modeling of historical data. Maybe my next gig will be on the Weather Channel as their EQ predictor! :D

RMT

I think they are going by probability of earthquakes in the region.
There is a site that looks back at the seismic activity in the area for the past 500 years
and claims to have found a pattern.

Educated Guess?

Wow! Can you fill in any more details?

The reason I was watching the weather channel was for updates on our weather here in Central Texas. We could see severe thunderstorms in the distance and wanted to know if the storm would drift over where we live.

I was sort of tuned out, as they spoke about weather in other regions.

My attention was brought back just as he said..." and as far as the earthquake tomorrow in San Francisco, perhaps you should tune into The Earthquake Channel, we only do weather here" !

So, I missed what else was mentioned. I think he was being sarcastic, but it struck me as odd that he would mention this at all. I would have thought the informer prediction would have been a TTI thing, but somehow it reached into the offices of the media.

This has resulted in the thought that what we witness here in TTI, from the time travelers, are merely predictions from psychic web sites. There are many sites with the predictions listed for 2006, and I can see an adept person picking through these sites and forming up a dandy list of predictions.

Knowing in advance the next question ( Hmmmm..maybe I am a time traveler ), I went through the psychic websites and pulled tid-bits from those....
...................................................................................................
Spring season- two back to back celebrity passings of young popular stars. Think along the lines of James Dean, Marilyn Monroe type passings- tragic, beautiful young stars, unexpectedly. Also the passing of a former president in the same time frame.

*Riots of some kind in New Orleans and/or Texas. New Orleans will truly not be the same and be hit with more problems, destruction and sadness. "
...................................................................................................

*a Greyhound bus related crash or problem in mid april. feels like the midwest or mountain states..."

*Oil spill/explosion of some kind involving a major oil company.

Britney Spears will meet her soul mate Spring 2006 and she will divorce Kevin to marry her soul mate in Autumn of 2006

Martial Law will be enacted in many cities, both for reasons of quarantine due to a dangerous "flu" with questionable origins as well as an attempt to keep dissidents from all walks of life from spreading "the word". This will be promoted as keeping us safe from terrorists. It will get to the point that at times we will have to show ID to cross from one state line to the next.

So there we have it. These were from several different "psychics". Each prediction was made on various dates at the beginning of this year. Some of these predictions seem very familiar, like I've seen them before somewhere..Hmmmmm. /ttiforum/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Based on prev link QuakeSIM....I just had an idea...

Hook up Quake Simm to Google Earth that way before your vacation to San francisco you can look up if you better go or not... /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

"Martial Law will be enacted in many cities, both for reasons of quarantine due to a dangerous "flu" with questionable origins as well as an attempt to keep dissidents from all walks of life from spreading "the word". This will be promoted as keeping us safe from terrorists. It will get to the point that at times we will have to show ID to cross from one state line to the next"

The above sounds like part of the plot in the movie Vendetta...but prob im wrong?

So we have "Strike One" for our friend "informer":
* A 9.3 earthquake will hit San Francisco on April 19, 2006, in the late morning hours.
As I write this it is 1:08 PM Pacific Daylight Time. No shaking here in SoCal, and no reports of any earthquake in San Fran.

All is calm here on the Western Coast! /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif Now we'll have to track the next specific prediction in the informer's original post, but so far he is 0/1:

* Washington, DC is struck by a F4 tornado on May 26, 2006. The White House sustains heavy damage.

RMT

Actually,
All is calm here on the Western Coast! Now we'll have to track the next specific prediction in the informer's original post, but so far he is 0/1:
We could even claim he is 0/2 when you consider the following was attached to the prediction for today:
* Honolulu is underwater by the resulting tsunami that the massive central California quake creates.

So, IMHO, I'd say 0/2! ;0
RMT

Next Prediction On The Docket...

So far, Informer is 0-for-2 in his "gloom and doom" predictions for 2006:

1) NO massive earthquake in SF on April 19,2006.
2) NO tsunami from the alleged earthquake putting Honolulu underwater.

Next up on the docket is the following prediction:
* Washington, DC is struck by a F4 tornado on May 26, 2006. The White House sustains heavy damage.
That would be this coming Friday. What an awful way to start the Memorial Day weekend! /ttiforum/images/graemlins/ooo.gif But I'm betting that it won't happen. /ttiforum/images/graemlins/yum.gif

TIME WILL TELL!

RMT

On Pins & Needles?

Bumpity bump! Anyone seen the weather report for Washington D.C. for tonight and tomorrow?

Someone over there, quick!!! LOOK OUT YOUR WINDOW! Whaddya see?
Currently as I write this, there is a line of storms stretching from Lake Erie through Ohio, with the tail of the storms moving thru Kentucky. OOOHHH! Might this be the front that brings the F4 tornado to DC? Keep an eye on it!

More likely some kind of POLITICAL tornado might "hit" in DC tomorrow, but I don't think we'll see a physical twister.
RMT