Terrorism? How about mother nature.

Re: On Pins & Needles?

9:52 PM EDT

No tornadoes, or even strong storms reported in the DC area today. Darn...

Guess that makes informer 0/3. Pretty much debunks him AFAIAC. Any reason to believe any of his other predictions? I don't see it. /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

RMT

Next Up On The Linear TIME Docket...

And you folks thought I would let this thread lie with an 0/3 record? NOT A CHANCE! :D

The next two predictions from informer that we should start to be on the watch for (or not, if you have finally understood he is a hoaxer) are:
The war in Iraq takes a deadly turn on July 4, 2006 when a suitcase nuclear weapon is detonated in Baghdad, killing hundreds of troops and thousands of Iraqis.
Not saying it couldn't happen, but the likelihood? Pretty low. Still, by next TUE we will know...

And then there is:
* A tropical depression forms on July 11, 2006... which is soon named Helene.
As pointed out in this thread, we already know Helene is on the list for this year. But given that only the first name on the list (Alberto) has been used (formed on June 10th), we've got to have SIX more named storms before we get to Helene. That is just a bit less than one named storm every 3 days from now until July 11th. Keep an eye out (pun intended!). You can do so with THIS web page.

And finally:
Boston takes the full brunt of a cat 5 storm on July 19, 2006.
The most ridiculous of all. Since 1900 six major hurricanes have made landfall between Virginia Beach, Virginia and Cape Cod, Massachusetts. No category four or five hurricanes have ever hit the northeast Atlantic states. With the exception of the 1938 hurricane - all of the major hurricanes to cross the coastline of the northeast- had sustained winds of slightly below 111-mph (the threshold for a major hurricane). The latest/largest hurricane in recent history to hit Boston was Carol on August 31, 1954. Carol's sustained winds were "only" in the 100 mph range, which puts it at a Category 2 on the Saffir-Simpson scale. The simple science is that a hurricane "feeds" off of warm water (hence why a hurrican dies-out quickly when it moves over land), and the further north you go on the US eastern seaboard, the colder the water gets. It is extremely improbable that a hurricane could maintain CAT 5 strength any further north than New Jersey. So considering a CAT 5 hitting Boston would be like considering an "ice cube's chance in hell". /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

N/I RMT

Happy Fourth of July!

This message intended for legal US citizens only!

The war in Iraq takes a deadly turn on July 4, 2006 when a suitcase nuclear weapon is detonated in Baghdad, killing hundreds of troops and thousands of Iraqis.
So far it is looking like our friend informer is going for a perfect 0/4 since we haven't heard of any suitcase nuke going off in Baghdad. But wait! He is looking good for an 0/5 run too:
* A tropical depression forms on July 11, 2006... which is soon named Helene.
Here we are on July 4th and we STILL only have one named storm (Alberto) in the Atlantic. It is going to be one busy stretch of storms between now and next week if there is any hope for informer to make this one. But why ruin a perfect 0/5 record?
And with a bit of luck, he might even make it 0/6!

New/Improved RMT, now with more hurricane power!

Wait Just A Minute!

So far we've seen this informer guy/gal looking like a solid 0/5 and I think 0/6 is almost a given for their predictions.

And then I read the following CNN story:
http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/07/04/hurricane.betting.ap/index.html

And I begin wondering: "Is there some way I can lay down bets AGAINST hurricanes happening on the days this guy predicted?" So is there some way I can WIN money when Boston does not get hit by the full brunt of a Category 5 hurricane on July 19, 2006?

There's gotta be a way to cash-in on this guy's consistent LACK of ability to predict the future... right? /ttiforum/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Some guy you never heard of.

What Happened To Informer?

Just keeping up with Time here.... Informer is confirmably now at 0/5 in his predictions, and it is only a matter of Time before he is 0/6 with the next event prediction:
Boston takes the full brunt of a cat 5 storm on July 19, 2006.
He never gave the name of this storm, nor even said it was a hurricane, but none of these will matter in a few days anyway when it doesn't come to pass.

So far this summer is looking a lot better than Informer told us it would be! Too bad he didn't predict some of the current happenings in the Middle East these days. /ttiforum/images/graemlins/frown.gif The again, neither did John Titor... the big deal was supposed to be US Civil War by now! /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

RMT

2006 is going to be a very bad year. Enjoy the tranquility while it lasts.

This year's hurricane season will top 2005 as the deadlist/costliest in history.
Uhhhh.... yeaaaaaah! So far, not one single prediction that this "hit and run poster" has made for 2006 has come true. Odds are he will remain a perfect "0%" for the rest of the year (keep an eye on gas prices in October).

This could go down in forum history as the WORST attempt to impersonate John Titor ever! /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

RMT

Chicken Little!

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WEATHER/10/03/hurricane.forecast.ap/index.html
Hurricane expert William Gray downgraded his forecast for the 2006 Atlantic storm season again Tuesday, predicting one more hurricane, two more named storms but no intense hurricanes.

The new report calls for a below-average hurricane season, with a total of six hurricanes and 11 named storms.
Drats them rats! Global warming will thoughtfully have to ward off another era. Fiesta El Nino!

RMT