Terrorism? How about mother nature.

Yes, my mission parameters do allow me to make suggestions on stocks based on trends that will develop as long as I dispense the information AFTER the event that spurs the trend occurds. But first I have to explain my mission parameters.

I'm basically allowed to chat about anything I feel like as long as I keep the specifics to a minimum and I never let anyone use my 33GHz laptop. Software and Hardware has advanced a lot you see so the standard issue laptops we bring with us would be a dead giveaway if I let you login and run some scripts for instance.

That said, a good stock pick will be oil companies, platinum and gold mines, and disney with the newly acquired pixar will be a steady gainer for 2006, Apple, and any company from which Apple buys their LCD displays.

I have to go now, I need to buy some more tinfoil to shield my computer. It doesn't meet todays home-use RF standards and I don't want to draw attention. Good Luck, Detroit Redwings, you're going to need it.

Hiya Rainman

Not particularly pro or con on this but in response to;

"Now I'd have to admit that this one is VERY odd for the simple fact that DC is clearly nowhere near "tornado alley"

I just want to make you aware that a very localised area of "Birmingham UK" was pretty much destroyed by a tornado middle of last year, and you probably cant get much further away from tornado alley that that.

Cheers

I don't know about that,

Not a lot of people know this, but England has more tornados then anywhere else in the world when viewed in regards to tornado frequency/land mass ratio.

Its just that most never touch down to the ground, and of those that do, its often not in a heavily populated area.

Kind regards,
Olly

Hiya idMonster3000,

I just want to make you aware that a very localised area of "Birmingham UK" was pretty much destroyed by a tornado middle of last year, and you probably cant get much further away from tornado alley that that.
Yeah, I get your point. And so I should probably clarify that I was only speaking of the USA, since the prediction was for Washington, DC. If you look at the trends of tornados in the USA, they are by far most likely within our area called "tornado alley". Of course this doesn't mean that tornadoes do not ever appear outside of that area. However, even if they do appear outside that area, the chances that they would reach an F5 magnitude (the strongest in the Fujita scale) are VERY remote.

It will be interesting to track the predictions in this thread... The first one we are keeping an eye out for will be the San Fran earthquake on April 19th.
RMT

The stock market is something i dabble with, but you can never be sure, i purchased vodafone shares last year, based on tips, basically due to them not cutting ties with verizon wireless they have gone down, (i'm in the uk btw), i *think* they will come back up, i have faith and money banking on it.
The volume has been good though, which is keeping price low, i'm hoping people sit and hold.

But suddenly something could happen like a terrorist attack knocking out some mobile communications, a flood, a freak storm.

Or more simply a company releasing projected profits, or a change in management.

Basically you can make no prediction on the stock market at all, it's faith.

I wish someone told me about cable and wireless, they went down 20% in one f***ing day and are sticking at that point, i had steam coming out of my ears because i nearly sold them at a profit and decided to wait it out.

I wouldn't take tips from no one anymore, no matter what, because if you hand out a tip, everyone else sees that tip, and it actually brings the market down.

So i would NEVER listen to a time traveller on a stock tip, for the simple reason that if it is published, on the web or anywhere else, then you know it but so does every other bastard who looks at the published material, you could give the tip private, but before long it gets out.

Extra Large (XL) Super Bowl!

Hey bogz,

I'm a sittin' here in H-Beach making up a midterm exam for my class to take next week... gettin' ready for The Big Game (TBG).
stealers.
If the Steelers (how can I tell you are Canadian?) /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif win, then you may have convinced me you are some kind of time traveler... but your unwillingness to provide point spread is suspect, I must say! /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I might have to pay you a visit in virtual-HB, virutal-CA on 2ndLife during the game!
Maybe more people will show up there for the start of the Winter Olympics?
RMT

Re: Extra Large (XL) Super Bowl!

WOW.

Pre-game introduction of the MVPs from the past 39 (give or take) Super Bowls was pretty cool, IMO.

Bart Starr is still in great shape! In fact, put all of the guys they introduced on to a squad today and they would still kick some ass.

RMT

Re: Extra Large (XL) Super Bowl!

With only 1:00 left to play, it looks like bogz may be partially from the future! /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

RMT

Re: And Now...

I don't want to talk about NBA just yet. I spilled it on the Senators and they dropped back a bit. That wasn't supposed to happen. I might have changed the worldline somehow and ruined it for the Sens. It looks like someone is fixing games and Ottawa won't make it past Boston. I will call the winner of the NBA a couple days before the game though.

If anyone is keeping count, Informer is at 0/0 right now and I am 2/2 + buyin from ussfletcher. I'm trying to read up on information theory so I know how to describe this properly. Until then Informer seems like "bs" to use the vernacular.

RMT, I had to rename meta-hb,meta-socal because me an a friend are getting into selling information, textures, sounds, virtual gadgets. Everyone from TTI is always welcome there and I play as Pez Teevee.

Just hadda bump this thread...

I wanna keep this thread close to the top as we move through FEB and MAR into April, where Informer's first big prediction will or will not come to pass.

In other news: /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif Hey bogz, it looks like both your Canucks and my Yanks took it on the chin in Olympic hockey today! At this point I think we will both be lucky to make it to a medal game! /ttiforum/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Any predictions? /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif
RMT

Hi RMT, the mens hockey is interesting. Congradulations to the women who I just saw win gold, and congrats to US ladies who won bronze.

Don Cherry delivered some information in the form of his professional opinion that sending NHL players to the olympics is wrong because nhl fans should be the only ones who get to enjoy their greatness because the fans pay the salary. The risk of players getting hurt is too great. Essentially saying the NHL guys shouldnt work too hard in case they get hurt like that goalie from Ottawa, Hasek. And they lost. Interesting indeed.

Hockey Dreams Are Over

Hey bogz,

Well, it looks like neither of us made it to the medal round!!! I think it's pretty sad given that our two countries comprise the lion's share of the players in the NHL. The Great One was right in his criticism (which I think also extends to team USA).

While you made no definitive prediction on this event, I'd say the fact that you didn't see this one coming (and post about it) definitely throws your status as a Time Traveler into question! :D

RMT