90 Days of Soylent

Um...what?!?
Did Soylent give you a week-long explosive diarrhea? Did you post this while sitting on the toilet?
Wow, is that a side effect?
LOL! I was just being stupid right before bed.If anything, it makes you poop less because what you're consuming is extremely nutrient dense - Very little to throw out. Here's a few links about this:

Tell me about your poop if you drink a lot of Soylent like 80% + of daily calories • /r/soylent

faq - soylent

do you produce a solid stool on an all-soylent diet • /r/soylent

Sorry for the delay, we had to travel to Virginia over the weekend for a company get-together. Updating coming soon!

Can't wait to hear about your poop! :rolleyes:
I didn't get a chance to write anything last night, but here's the tl;dr:

1. We both lost about 5 pounds over the last week

2. We both had salty snacks once per day (usually at night, chips and salsa mostly)

3. We had two "real" dinners over the course of the week (On the Border one night, another restaurant on Saturday for our company party)

4. Some mild headaches early in the week because we weren't drinking enough water

I will get caught up on blog posts tonight including a proper update for this :)

@Cosmo Hey man, I tried Soylent last year! The liquid one is absolute sweet deliciousness. Wow! But did you try the powder?

I tried powder because it's much cheaper. I can't stand the taste. It tastes like chocolate cardboard juice, no matter what you mix it with. Curious if you tried it.

Oh man, I totally forgot about this!

I was part of the original GoFundMe campaign for this stuff back in 2014 or 2015, so v1.0 of the powdered stuff was my first foray into the world of Soylent. And it was the white clumpy stuff that tasted of Cheerio water. I lived on this stuff for months at a time, with a little Taco Bell in between. It's AMAZING when there's only one or two people around. Even better for IT jobs where you're always running between sites and forget to eat. Whatever the new powder is can't be any worse than the GoFundMe version, LOL.

When the snack bars came out, those were probably my favorite. Sometimes having to chew your food is good. I remember walking around the mall and then having to run into a Dave & Busters to puke because I had one of those AND a plate of sushi afterward. I stopped eating those after.

We stopped pretty much all of it for a while as life got busier as it was harder to try and do that with little ones around. We started up again when the pre-made stuff came out our of curiosity, and the kids ended up going through they way faster than it was worth, LOL. This was pretty recent, this house even.

The pink one tasted like Fruit Loops chemicals, but I still loved it. I don't think they make that one anymore. Vanilla and Banana on the new ones are excellent. The mint chocolate one is okay once in a while, but the chocolate is always the best. There's a strawberry flavor out there but something about it was gross to me. They have the caffeine ones as well - The coffee and vanilla mocha ones were our go-to in the morning.

How often do you drink it? I tried hard to get on 100% diet like some of the other freaks out there but I always wanted salty things in the night and would end up wrecking a tube of Pringles.

Soylent might be a thing of the past for us now... But maybe polyphasic sleep? ;)

LOL, I heard about the bars making people sick, that's why they retired them at some point. You tested most of their products, that's cool!

When I got my 12-pack of liquid chocolate last summer (or fall), I'd drink one for breakfast every morning. It was awesome. So good! It flat out tastes like chocolate milk.

I always have a hard time eating enough for breakfast, as I'm not hungry when I wake up. So drinking a Soylent is super easy and a great replacement. I'd be able to get through my whole morning, with no need for a snack at 10 AM. It worked wonders. Too bad it's so pricey.