"The future ain't what it used to be."

Titor's Saga as Reviewed by Dr. Robert G. Brown, PhD, Duke University Physics Department

Darby

Timekeeper
Long ago in 2003 I emailed Dr. Robert G. Brown, PhD, Duke University Physics Department and asked him to review Titor's Saga for Anomalies.net. I was one of the Admins there. At about the same time Satyr at Above Top Secret also emailed Dr. Brown asking the same questions. I have Dr. Brown's reply to me "somewhere" in a pile of about 50 old HDDs that I haven't had time to go through. I'd actually have to dig up an HDD dock I have - also "somewhere" around here. I do have Dr. Brown's reply to Satyr that he forwarded to Anomalies.net. Below you will find his reply. Just a caveat - at his request all those years ago, please do not contact Dr. Brown about Titor. He made it clear 20 years ago that the story was not of interest to him and that this was the first and last he'd have to say on the topic. I've included the About Dr. Brown just to make sure that you are aware that he is a real physics professor at a major university and that, furthermore, he has extensive computing experience at the deepest physics levels starting as an undergrad student in 1972, a few years before the time Boomer's story had Titor in 1975. When Dr. Brown opines about the state of computing in 1975 he is stating the opinion as someone who was working on the problem back then.

About Dr. Brown:

Last edited:
Would it be possible for you to dig up this reply from him and to post it here? I'm very interested in seeing his entire reply and what he has to say on the topic, if you could give a brief summary of it I'd also be happy! Thanks in advance!

Back