"The future ain't what it used to be."

Changelog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmo

Owner
Staff member
Timekeeper
Welcome to the changelog thread for TTI. Here, I'll be updating you with the latest changes to our system's functionality and design.

We're dedicated to continuous improvement, and we value transparency with our community. Stay informed about the tweaks, enhancements, and innovations we're rolling out to carry Time Travel Institute from the golden age of the internet into the future!

2023-09-07

Performance Improvement:​

• Redis Integration: We've incorporated Redis caching for our forums. The result? Lightning-fast responsiveness and load times.

New Features:​

• Cloudflare's Turnstile: In our continuous efforts to provide a seamless user experience, we've now adopted Cloudflare's Turnstile as our go-to for security, replacing the previous reCaptcha system.
  • Enhanced Search Functionality: Dive deeper and search smarter! Our search functionality is now powered by ElasticSearch, offering superior word stemming capabilities to ensure more relevant and precise search results.

2023-09-11

Design Improvement:​

• Link Colors: Links throughout the site are now more visible.
  • Logo: Old temporary logo replaced with canonical TTI logo.
  • Tweaks: Other misc. tweaks, ongoing refinement

Last edited:

2023-09-15​

Updated Guidelines:​

• Rules Resurrected: The recent backup discovery included the original terms/rules page. I've updated that to be more current and in line with the attitude I'd like to continue moving TTI towards, and put a link in the Board Meta section (where you are now).
  • Sensible Chuckle: I had fun with the language here.
Have a great weekend everyone.

2023-09-22​

Security Improvement​

• Tor is no longer permitted: I made some determinations about waves of different personas that have the same behaviors. I found Tor (among a few other networks) was being abused to get around bans and/or behave without regard for the topic at hand. I don't mind anonymity, but I do when it's abused to consistently spam us with low quality or zero effort noise.

Usergroup Change​

• PM Speed Bump: To ensure a safer and more pleasant experience for our community, we've introduced new requirements for initiating private messages. New users must be registered for at least one week and must have made a minimum of 10 posts to start a private conversation with another user. This change aims to protect your inbox from spam and unwanted messages, as well as prevent banned users from easily creating new accounts to continue their disruptive behavior. Note that existing users can still initiate private conversations with new users as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back