Elon Musk to Merge Human Brains With AI

PaulaJedi

Rift Surfer
So, my thought on this topic is this.  What if this type of technology got into the wrong hands?  Government could require we get this implant, by law, then literally control us, monitor our thoughts, etc.  This is very dangerous technology.  Should we be doing this just because we can?

Seems the merging of AI ( electronic / technology ) with humanity is inevitable.   

And the idea isn't really new. 

Transhumanism

OMNI magazine had an article about a company trying to do the same thing as Musk, but with bio-chips.   The idea was to develop biological computer chips that could grow into a human brain and provide a connection to a main frame.  This article was published in the late 80's.  

Also there are some scientists working on the same idea with nanotechnology.

The government, or a corporation, could ( and probably would ) control people through programming. 

Also would create a wide division between the have's and have-nots.  How could anyone that does not have the technology compete against someone that does have it?  If I could learn Mandarin Chinese by a quick download, and you can't, kind of put's you in a tough spot, doesn't it?  

What else could a AI equipped person do that a non AI person could not ?    

Athletes, soldiers...But imagine hackers - would it need an antivirus installed?  It gets so complicated.
Am sure there would be hackers, and probably would need some sort of antivirus.    Don't imagine this  is too complicated, and as technology advances, computers becoming integrated within humans is just another step in the progression of.    Does open the doors to some interesting possibilities.    If the computer is able to "save"  an experience, would a chipped person be able to experience a particular event as though it is happening in real time?   Perhaps vocal communication would no longer be required, since everyone that is chipped would able to communicate through the network.   Accessing GPS, or weather information, via satellites.  
The negative side is that the rift between those who are chipped and those who are not ;  no way a non-chipped person could ever compete with someone who has access to a computer through what Musk is proposing.   ( or the aforementioned alternatives ) .   Question I have, is this what the Bible was referring to as the mark of the beast?  

Last edited by a moderator:
Could be the mark of the beast.  I just see it getting in the wrong hands. Why do humans have such a strong desire to become and mate with robots? What is happening to our instincts?

Could be the mark of the beast.  I just see it getting in the wrong hands. Why do humans have such a strong desire to become and mate with robots? What is happening to our instincts?
I agree with you. More than likely the technology will end up being used for nefarious purposes.  I believe most people have an inherent desire for immortality.   If becoming a machine causes people to believe it is a step towards that goal, then they'll take it.   Also, as mentioned, as soon as a few people accept the transhuman device as Musk proposes, others will have to do it to be competitive.  Eventually such a thing may be required to have any kind of a 'normal' life within the civilization of the time.