Hello 2014....

Temp-Agent1

Temporal Novice
Hi everyone!

Well, this is interesting I must say. An entire website dedicated to Timetravel and those who claim to be Time Travellers! It's really too bad I hadn't paid more interest to this sort of thing when I lived in this time period.

Anyway, I don't expect to be taken any more seriously than any of the rest of the people on this forum (who so far, do NOT seem to be people who have come from your future at all!), but this is my first long-chronological temporal trip in my lifetime, and I must say I find it fascinating to experience the full reality of being here again.

Anyway, I'm here for a short while, so if anyone would like to converse with me, about anything, please do so. My Worldline is exceedingly close to yours, I can assure you, so I'm quite understanding of this time period, although as any genuine time traveller would know, there are certain limitations as to what I can and cannot post onto a public forum. But I'll do my best!

Thanks!

TA1

I've always got a question regading security. What if during one of your travels you meet a evil-you, who incapacitate you and take the way back to your time? Are there any kind of security procedures? Also, what if in one of your travels you got some illnes not yet discovered on your side... or too old to has been forgotten. How do you handle the return of an agent?

Wow! Ok, lots of questions. First, let me say that I had never heard of John Titor until I arrived on this Worldline and used the internet to search for Time Travel, out of pure curiosity, considering my current assignment. I have not come across any 'Time Travellers' that come across to me as being genuine....yet. Having said that, John Titors posts do seem the most likely as evidence of a genuine agent who travelled through time.

I say this because his version of events are quite similar to mine, with some minor differences. My device, is also a C204 Time Displacement Unit, and is also produced by General Electric, although other organisations have engineered the technology and produced similar devices, albeit with limited travel abilities. C204 Time Displacement Unit

My work is with the Republic of the United Kingdom, and in 2037, my Government has little to do with the American state.

We do receive shipments from different parties in America, mostly supplies and the occasional piece of technology for trade, so most of my knowledge of America in 2037 comes from those encounters.

Just to clarify, I am not a soldier. I had never heard of a John Titor until I arrived on this Worldline. I am not a scientist, though I do have a working understanding of the displacement technology, and am trained in it's use.

Frankly, I am surprised this Titor fellow was so open and frank with you, sharing pictures and schematics. I don't know how his organisation works, if he was genuine, but we have protocols in place that rule out unnecessary interference with another Worldline.

As for the above question - I'm not sure of that's a serious question? But to answer, there are no 'evil versions' of oneself, simply versions of is that have chosen different paths in their lives to the ones we chose. Having said that, protocol allows for limited interaction with another version of oneself or ones family, if it is necessary to ones assignment.

Having said all that, I find this discourse fascinating, as I lived in this time. For me, this is a fascinating perk of my assignment; being able to interact with a society that I remember from my youth. almost like stepping back into ones memories.

I will answer what I can and attempt to satiate your curiosity to the best of my ability.

Be well.

TA1

Welcome to the site, Temp-Agent.

• Are you able to post a photograph of the device (full or partial)?

• Where are you from?

• What is the purpose of your visit?

when i say "evil-you" I do not mean a true evil person, but only a person that has got a different life path, and for that reason he could harm you (just becouse he could claim to be you in the future) and take your place to "get back". I mean, If I meet another me from a different timeline... that could be a temptation, "the future" should be only a hit on the head away (or anything else less bloody).

what happen when you get back? they simply know you becouse you own a time corps badge? or there are some more security protocols?

and what about deseases? you could bring us a lot of them...and most important, with us that in that case we will have any defence against.

I'm not in any way want to appear non serious, i'm eating the leaf (as we say in Italy), you claim to be a time traveller, ok, I'm at your game. I'm serious.

Hi Cosmo. I may consider posting some basic pictures of the device for you, even though to do so is a violation of protocol. Right now, the device is locked securely away somewhere safe, and so I would have to arrange for it to be taken out of secure storage. Please note, it is very similar to the pictures I have seen of the Titor decide, with some minor variations.

My assignment is purely one of research. I am a historian at my ripe old age, and much of the purpose of my organisation is to conduct hospital research into previous time periods; comparing the subtle differences between worldlines and taking pictures and reports of key events and locations within the United Kingdom. This time period was chosen, and myself chosen for the assignment, because I lived in this time and this location, and certain key events occurred during this time that we would like to gain a first hand perspective of.

Yes! I am aware I lived this time right? Therefore, why don't I just write a report from memory? This was a long time ago for me, and in my youth I was not a historian and paid only a passing attention to such events. Similarly, many of my colleagues are a lot younger than me and only vaguely recall these events.

This time period was also chosen because this was the beginnings of science's discovery of the possibility of time travel. As such, the next five years are crucial (presuming your science and your CERN reactor) make the exact same moves forward in understanding as they did on my Worldline. As such, this is an historically important time. Still, there are very significant differences between this Worldline and mine. America is not entrenched in a Civil war here, for one. Although the beginnings of civil unrest are still evident. The situation in the Middle East here and over in Afghanistan, believe it or not, are still not as serious as they were in the 2014 in which I lived.

I was warned before embarkation, however, that the displacement differential of this Worldline would be fairly significant. Perhaps a .4 or a .5[DOUBLEPOST=1410879564,1410879253][/DOUBLEPOST]Peorthyr! That made me smile! I am a much older man than I was in 2014! The hair is grey, the wrinkles are deep. Even if, by some chance This worldlines 'me' got ahold of the displacement unit, and worked out how to operate it with no training, and was able to program it to return to my original Worldline (which can only be done by going back to before I arrived here, and going forward again anyway), the man that would return would be 23 years younger than the man who left! A rather significant discrepancy, no?

what about people from same time, but higher rate of what you called displacement differential...something like a 10... or a 50...? people from timelines that has very hard times AND the timetravel, a 2-seconds-older you could come to you and simply live in a place better than the one they live... how do you handle it?

@Temp-Agent1 thanks for responding.

• Without going into details that may interfere with our current course of events, can you please try to describe the events you're here to study?

• Is there another version of yourself currently posting on this site?

Do you mean someone could come from a future Worldline - future from 2037 - and try to...what? Kill me and live my life in that time period? If that's what you mean, it's an interesting thought experiment. I suppose, theoretically, that's possible. But to my knowledge, we have never had a visitor from the future as of 2037. Who knows why? Maybe they don't want to, maybe it's not as interesting a period of time for them, maybe if they come from a greater differential Worldline, they live in a universe where time travel was simply never harnessed, due to war, lack of resources or something else

Greetings Temp-Agent 1. Is your timeline and our timeline one and the same? What I mean, is your history the same as our history? If so, then I have a question to ask you before the end of 16/09/2014.

I will answer what I can and attempt to satiate your curiosity to the best of my ability.Be well.

TA1
Could you please show some pictures of the future or past?

Perhaps you have a photograph of a newspaper with a date on top?

Do you subscribe to the Multi Worldline theory?

Have you ever heard about Rife machines or frequency based medicine involving ultrasound and electromagnetic fields to destroy virises and bacteria?

And oh yeah, we are all really big on pics. Pictures help perspective. Like Johns laser photo... that one is still debated today.

Have you been tasked to retrieve anything in particular? Cause you know... folks here are quite helpful.

Wow! Questions questions questions! Ok, let's see. I'll give you some quick answers here in order.

1. Mylo - no. Our Timeline's are broadly similar, but not identicle. (and we call them 'Worldlines'). I don't know what you were told in the realm of this Titor mythology, but my Time Displacement Unit doesn't automatically confirm the displacement differential between worldlines unless specifically analysed to do so. As I said, I am not an engineer, but was told there would like me a .4 or .5 variance, or 'percent' if that's an easier term. For instance, a .1 variance would indicate a Worldline that is very similar to the one you're leaving; as to be almost identical. So .5 is pretty much broadly similar, with some significant events differing around the globe. To be clear - yes, we had a WW1 and WW2, and the allies won, the Nazi's (Axis powers) lost, just like here.

However, the last few years of this Worldline do differ from mine somewhat. For instance, right now your Russia is still a Republic. On my Worldline, in 2008, Russia declared a state of high alert, Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin assumed a new term as President but quickly formed a coalition with Communist Party of the Russian Federation and Russia was effectively a communist state again from 2009 onwards.

2. Paula - the toughest thing, it seems to be, for people to believe that someone who has travelled from another Worldline is indeed who they say they are, is the lack of proof. People want pictures of future dome cities (we don't have those!), or a video of a time machine zapping into existence from thin air. These things are all technically possible, but can you imagine, right now, what it would do to your world should you suddenly have 100%, unequivocal proof that, for want of a better term let's call them "Time Travellers", were visiting your world? The knowledge that people from 20+ years from now are zipping in and out? First, it would change the way you think about yourselves, as the reality of Time Travel did for my society. It would raise questions of religion, science, personal freedom. Not to mention the fact that, by 2037, this era is considered one riddled by corrupt governments, run by Freddy politicians, who rarely had the best interests of the majority at heart.

I think we both know that if I was to come to you with pure, hard evidence of my technology and what it could be used for, not only would my assignment be put in jeopardy, but my very freedom as well. I'd give it an hour or two before MI5 or some other branch of British Intelligence was kicking down my door. The truth is - anyone who is truly in my position would of course want to keep you guessing. I'm sorry, but no genuine time traveller is going to be stupid enough to unleash unarguable proof of his ability to traverse worldlines, until he was literally moments from escaping your Worldline forever.

3. Yes Titorite, I have heard of Rife frequency generators. I'm surprised you would bring such an unsupported technology up. I'll happily confirm for you - no. In 2037, we do not use Rife machines to treat cancer or any other ailment. Those generators produce low energy waves and I can tell you, trying to blast diseased cells with electromagnetic frequencies does nothing for the treatment of disease. However, I can tell you that by 2032, we had virtually perfected medical Nonotechnology for a wide range of treatments and that it is nanotechnology which is going to make the most significant impact on both the medical field and the human lifespan in the future. Also, no. I have not been asked to retrieve anything from this timeline other than pictures, video footage, and to scribe my own personal observations and reports on events and current world affairs.

Please understand - I'm not comparing myself to this John Titor character, because IF he was real, he clearly worked differently. The entire reason I was sent here, was specifically because this Worldline differs in area's from my own. In my field, we consider it not as helpful to study Worldlines almost identicle to our own. We know what happened there and how it turned out! My work is the study of 'alternate history', if you will. How events in our past night have turned out differently, and what the governments and oeople of your world here and now are doing differently to what we did, and how that is changing the course of events for you, as opposed to my own history.

4. Finally, PaulaJedi, I don't subscribe to the multi-Worldline theory theoretically, our science has proven it to be true! Universal wavefunction is a scientific reality in 2037, and has been in fact accepted since 2033. For every quantum event, another universe branches off. Everything that can happen, does happen, in an alternate quantum reality. Of course, entering the past would itself be a quantum event causing branching, but we now know that when someone engages in temporal displacement, the timeline or Worldline accessed by the time traveller is simply another timeline of many.

This is why we still have strict protocols regarding our interactions with other worldlines. Nothing I do here can affect the future of the Worldline I came from in any way, but it could still affect yours. It's a moral and ethical concern really. Just because we are safe in the knowledge that our travelling back cannot screw up our own futures, it doesn't give us a right to screw up yours.

Phew! Did I go a bit long there?

TA1

Welcome to this "Worldline" Temp-Agent 1! How many traveled with you to survey this "alternative history"? How many "assignments" are going on through this organization at any given time?

Scotland never voted to ever leave the United Kingdom on my Worldline. Which is another interesting wrinkle, considering it's been put to a vote now.

I knew this question would come up. Ok, the issue of Scottish independence may have come up in our 2014, in my Worldline, had we had the kind of fairly stable western world you have. However, as I said, America's situation grew worse and worse. When I was a young man, America virtually declared martial law as it's fight on terrorism grew more desperate. Freedoms were restricted, and it split the country in two. Texas was the first state to try to split from the United States and declare independence. The US Government tried to intervene with military forces to prevent the loss of Texas when it became clear citizens were not going to vote to stay, and paramilitary groups sprang up all over the States.

As the US fell deeper into a state of civil unrest, the collapse of the dollar threw the world into a global depression. Those nations with large external debts couldn't trade sufficiently to earn the income to service their debts, and slid into bankruptcy. The economies of New Zealand, Australia, Canada and the UK pretty much collapsed, as a result of their indebtedness and not being able to service their borrowings. It resulted in the Western nations facing abject poverty, lawlessness and an almost break-down in society. Crime became rampant. Law and order still existed of course, as did police and military, but they were severely strained. Under a global economical breakdown, Scotland becoming 'independent' was the last thing on the mind of the scots, as the intervening years were a struggle to retain order and feed and clothe the citizens of the UK.