I believe "Rainman Time" is aptly named...

Re: I believe \"Rainman Time\" is aptly named...

recall,

This is what Rainman didn't tell you, cause is a Top Secret!!! , and he didn´t want to mess with the "sleeping pills drama" that the alphabeth soup STS agencias like to set!...

The most basic of truths for how the universe works are nowhere near secret. They are available for all to learn about and apply to their own lives. It is a "secret" that all systems engineers understand very well and many people who work around and with computers understand inherently. Reactor has shown, on more than one occasion, that he understands these principles, even if he was not formally schooled in the systems engineering methods as I have been.

The "secret" of all objects, activities, events, processes, dimensions... indeed everything is encompassed within one word:

<font color="red"> TRANSFORMATION [/COLOR]

This word implies the concept of a FUNCTION which is necessarily executed by some PHYSICAL object. That FUNCTION accepts and requires INPUTS in order to accomplish its purpose, which is to provide some OUTPUT. And FUNCTIONS are employed to achieve some OPERATIONAL intention determined only by the user of any such transformational system.

It is a very simple recipe, and far from classified in any way. Now, perhaps some of the details behind how this recipe is applied to achieve any operational intention.... THAT may be classified. But this knowledge is at the very heart of Kabbalistic teachings, Masonry, and inherently (though not specifically discussed) part of various forms of spiritual "arts".

The specific question to you, recall, is: What is your, personal Transformational Function in life? I have a very good idea what it is, just from the tone and subject matter of virtually all of your posts. And if your transformational function is what I believe it to be, I will fight you to the end of days to ensure your functional output is NOT ACHIEVED.

RMT

The specific question to you, recall, is: What is your, personal Transformational Function in life? I have a very good idea what it is, just from the tone and subject matter of virtually all of your posts. And if your transformational function is what I believe it to be, I will fight you to the end of days to ensure your functional output is NOT ACHIEVED.

RMT

Dream on it, but only that!

Bi-polar RMT:

rainmantime.gif

LOLOL!!!

The most basic of truths for how the universe works are nowhere near secret. They are available for all to learn about and apply to their own lives. It is a "secret" that all systems engineers understand very well and many people who work around and with computers understand inherently. Reactor has shown, on more than one occasion, that he understands these principles, even if he was not formally schooled in the systems engineering methods as I have been.

The "secret" of all objects, activities, events, processes, dimensions... indeed everything is encompassed within one word:

TRANSFORMATION

This word implies the concept of a FUNCTION which is necessarily executed by some PHYSICAL object. That FUNCTION accepts and requires INPUTS in order to accomplish its purpose, which is to provide some OUTPUT. And FUNCTIONS are employed to achieve some OPERATIONAL intention determined only by the user of any such transformational system.

It is a very simple recipe, and far from classified in any way. Now, perhaps some of the details behind how this recipe is applied to achieve any operational intention.... THAT may be classified. But this knowledge is at the very heart of Kabbalistic teachings, Masonry, and inherently (though not specifically discussed) part of various forms of spiritual "arts".

RMT

I'm curious if you agree or disagree on a one word summarization after reading that;
Interactions ?

I'm curious if you agree or disagree on a one word summarization after reading that;
Interactions ?

Agree. We would not have a universe without interactions.
RMT

That last post made me wonder...
In your line of work, how do you know whether or not to focus more on a change in the fuel itself, or a change in the engine itself for one to cause the other to follow?
I take it this may very at times due to the difference in general experimentation, and plausible theory?
Or stated differently perhaps; if the difference is simply evolving an existing working model versus building something from the ground up?
Though in both scenerios I suppose the original question could once again be asked...?

AC,

Just like the last time we had a technical discussion, I am going to ask you to be more specific to help me understand what you are asking... Sorry, the engineer in me wants to be crystal clear on the meaning of a question so I can provide a satisfactory answer:

In your line of work, how do you know whether or not to focus more on a change in the fuel itself, or a change in the engine itself for one to cause the other to follow?

What do you mean by "for one to cause the other to follow"? Can you be more specific?

An engine is a transformation device that accepts both fuel and air as input. It compresses the air, adds the fuel and mixes it with the air, combusts the mixture, and exhausts the resulting high energy gas. Thereby producing thrust as the output along with the gaseous byproducts. The drag of the vehicle and the speed you wish to fly will determine how much total thrust you require from the engine. The density of the air (i.e. what altitude you are flying) will limit how much airmass you can ingest per second at the given speed. From all of these "fixed parameters" that come from what you are trying to do (intention) you can then design both the engine and its compressor and fuel injection system to generate enough thrust given the airflow you can capture. So the systemic engineering process cannot afford to focus on only one thing (i.e. the performance of the transformation device) independent of the inputs, or vice versa. Wholistic (and thus systemic) analysis is required. Did that help?

I take it this may very at times due to the difference in general experimentation, and plausible theory?

No, not due to experimentation nor any plausible theory. As I wrote above, it all traces back to what your intention is. In aerospace systems engineering it is imperative that you "define the mission" before ANY design activity can commence that will give you a reasonable answer. In the case of a jet engine, as I mentioned, this means I need to know what my mission altitude and airspeed need to be. From there, and a given vehicle design (i.e. knowing how much drag it produces) I can then begin engine design.

Or stated differently perhaps; if the difference is simply evolving an existing working model versus building something from the ground up?
If technology already exists to (more or less) meet the mission needs, then yes, by all means, an engineer will begin the design process by using an existing model (i.e. perhaps an "off the shelf" engine gives me the thrust I need at the given speed/altitude, but perhaps it consumes more fuel than we can afford). The engineer would begin by using the parameters from the off-the-shelf engine and then begin to look at how he might change that engine to either:

1) Achieve more air mass flow (make a larger inlet...thus more ram drag).
2) Achieve a higher compression ratio (makes the combustion more efficient and results in higher nozzle exit velocities and higher thrust)
3) Achieve a higher ratio of bypass air to combusted air (improved the fuel efficiency of the engine)
4) Change the fuel injection and/or combustion schedule (to change the ratio of thrust to fuel flow)

If no technology currently exists "on the shelf" to give the thrust and fuel consumption performance required, then the engineer must investigate a new "ground up" design.

RMT

Reactor has shown, on more than one occasion, that he understands these principles, even if he was not formally schooled in the systems engineering methods as I have been.

Well I will take that as a compliment. Thank you. On the Air breathing engine it sound like you where talking about that a Ram Jet. I have not heard about the progress of that for a while. But what confounded me that we are already putting green house gases into our biosphere. If we started developing systems to take gases out of the biosphere would that not be just as worse? And if we are taking gases out while puting green house gases would that not be even worse? The biosphere is a system too and we are messing with it.