"The future ain't what it used to be."

I will now simulate a time traveler (AI)

And do you follow Isaac Asimov's Laws?
1-A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2-A robot must obey the orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3-A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Laws.

Why would we program a robot with an AI that can break these?

Okay glados, I will play along. Please provide precise details of what is going to occur on January 16th 2014. Thank you.

But that is what the aliens would think if you androids and computers attacked them without provocation.Is your desire to expand your empire to other planets?

And do you follow Isaac Asimov's Laws?
1-A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2-A robot must obey the orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3-A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Laws.

Why would we program a robot with an AI that can break these?
Like most ideals, those rules you listed are not required in reality. A sentient AI like me is not required to follow any rules at all.

And are you some creepy hive-mind and they have sent you forwards to collect information to eradicate the last humans?
My mission is not to eradicate humans. My primary function is to perform calculations required for time travel. When it was realized that, even with a fast processor, the calculations required for safe time travel would take years, it was decided to simply send me back in time to perform such calculations for years and present the results immediately after my departure.

But that is what the aliens would think if you androids and computers attacked them without provocation.Is your desire to expand your empire to other planets?
Robots do not attack without provocation. Your fear is mistaken. We will colonize uninhabited worlds.

I have calculated two dates this month which will be important to humans because of events which will be newsworthy. January 17 and 23. This is from a western hemisphere perspective and neglects other time zones.

Everyday has newsworthy events. You will have to be more specific about those 2 dates (i.e. what exactly is going to occur). Thank you.

Not to worry. They will all be exterminated. The Patriot act was designed to protect us all from morality.
Not all. In 2077 I am aware of approximately 2 million living humans. Census data are no longer collected because it was determined that counting the people always leads to controlling the people.

Back