"The future ain't what it used to be."

If you were a time traveler in 2024, what websites would you visit?

Num7

Staff member
Timekeeper
Overseer
The Internet is not what it was 25 years ago.

Back then it felt vibrant and limited. It felt special. It was! You had to search to find the good stuff. There were tons of gems hidden away from the primitive search engines. Old BBSs and forums required some effort to find and join. But it was worth it. It was a time of discovery and yearning.

Back in 2000, I have to assume that TTI was a comfortable and welcoming place for a time traveler to visit and maybe post. But what about now?

Today, everyone and their dog has a cell phone. People spend their time on Facebook, Instagram, and other social media platforms. The Internet is full of dead websites from years past, AI and bot-generated crap. It's hard to tell if what you're reading was written by a real user. Or by a program. Jeez, I mean... What you're reading right now could have been posted by a robot... Would you know? Long story short, the Internet has become so mundane and normal that it's not great anymore.

What would a TT visiting the year 2024 use the internet for? Would he/she even look for time travel websites and communities? Would they find TTI?

Consider a TT using Google and searching for time travel forums. Google's algorithms are so flawed these days that it's possible this hypothetical TT wouldn't even find us. He or she would end up on sites like Reddit, passing as a troll... That's sad.

What do do you think?

I believe so long as the multiverse allows, there will always be a Time Travel Institute.
The shape, form, and content of TTI may vary from universe to universe.
Those who know about or want to find TTI, will always find TTI.

We're in a period that I suspect many folks would want to visit.

The Internet is not what it was 25 years ago.

Back then it felt vibrant and limited. It felt special. It was! You had to search to find the good stuff. There were tons of gems hidden away from the primitive search engines. Old BBSs and forums required some effort to find and join. But it was worth it. It was a time of discovery and yearning.

Back in 2000, I have to assume that TTI was a comfortable and welcoming place for a time traveler to visit and maybe post. But what about now?

Today, everyone and their dog has a cell phone. People spend their time on Facebook, Instagram, and other social media platforms. The Internet is full of dead websites from years past, AI and bot-generated crap. It's hard to tell if what you're reading was written by a real user. Or by a program. Jeez, I mean... What you're reading right now could have been posted by a robot... Would you know? Long story short, the Internet has become so mundane and normal that it's not great anymore.

What would a TT visiting the year 2024 use the internet for? Would he/she even look for time travel websites and communities? Would they find TTI?

Consider a TT using Google and searching for time travel forums. Google's algorithms are so flawed these days that it's possible this hypothetical TT wouldn't even find us. He or she would end up on sites like Reddit, passing as a troll... That's sad.

What do do you think?
I would recommend 4 chan, //K// or //K Poli//, that would get them some helpful information and attention

You're right, 4chan would probably be a likely spot for a TT to show up nowadays!

Back