"The future ain't what it used to be."

Time Travel Concepts and Ideas. (A Working Theory)

Pat1466

Temporal Novice
Theideology I'm presenting suggests a kind of synchronicity orparallelism between different points in time, where events occursimultaneously across all moments in time. Essentially, every date inhistory is aligned with its counterpart in the present and future. Inother words, October 2nd, 1932, is also October 2nd, 2024, and so on.

Usingthis ideology, if someone were to time travel from 2024 to adifferent time, let's say to October 2nd, 1950, according to yourconcept, they would need to wait for October 2nd, 1950, to arrive inthe current year of 2024. This waiting period implies that time inthe present "slides" or synchronizes with the target dateof the time traveler.

So,the time traveler wouldn't be able to simply jump to October 2nd,1950, instantaneously. Instead, they would have to wait until October2nd, 1950, reaches the current date in 2024 before they couldinitiate their journey to that specific date in the past. Thiswaiting period is necessary for the alignment of temporal eventsaccording to the parallelism principle you've described.

Thisideology adds an interesting twist to traditional conceptions of timetravel, as it implies a sort of cosmic synchronization or harmonybetween different temporal points, where time itself functions as aunified continuum rather than a linear progression.

This ideology adds an interesting twist to traditional conceptions of time travel, as it implies a sort of cosmic synchronization or harmony between different temporal points
This isn't a twist on "traditional conceptions" of time. This is time as was incorrectly defined in classical mechanics (Newtonian physics). Einstein's 1905 paper that introduced Special Relativity correctly stated that the opposite is true: time is relative and the classical concept of absolute simultaneity of events is incorrect. This is true because the speed of light in a vacuum is the same for all observers regardless of their state of motion. The maximum speed that information can be transmitted is the speed of light. If you synchronize two clocks and then move them apart they will automatically de-synchronize. If you put them in a gravitational field they will de-synchronize (General Relativity).

Thanks for the input I am very aware of everything that you've stated I am trying to come up with an ideology or a hypothesis of if you could time travel from a point on Earth to another point on Earth how you could do it with the Earth being in somewhat the same location when you arrive so you don't end up drifting in space.

So to start with you already have the ability to travel from one point to another without drifting off into space. I believe what you are asking is how do you do that instantaneously. You can't. At least you can't considering the laws of physics. You can theoretically travel to all points in spacetime in the universe if you travel at the speed of light. What you can't do is travel to a specific location. At the speed of light your "ruler" shrinks to zero length, width, height (x,y,z, = 0). That means the entire universe from your perspective shrinks to a singularity of zero dimension. Time outside your craft, from your perspective, proceeds at infinite speed. What you see is the end of the universe at the infinite future shrunk to a dot. But the math actually works out to a result of 1/0 = undefined.

Traveling at greater than the speed of light is worse. The math doesn't actually say traveling at the speed of light causes time to reverse course and travel to the past. It says that time becomes imaginary (once you work the math the result is sqrt (-1), the square root of -1 = i, imaginary.

The equation involved here is the Gamma Factor of Special Relativity, G = 1/sqrt (1 - v^2/c^2) where G = gamma factor, v = velocity and c = the speed of light. You can see that if you travel at the speed of light v = c. The equation becomes:

G = 1/sqrt (1 - 1) = sqrt(1/0) which is meaningless.

If you travel at, for example 2x the speed of light the equation becomes:

G = 1/sqrt(1 - 2) = sqrt(-1) = i which is imaginary.

That the square root of -1 = i is a defined identity of mathematics.

What the math is saying is bradyons (such as electrons, neutrons and protons) cannot travel at or greater than the speed of light and luxons (particles like photons) can travel only at the speed of light. Tachyons (theoretical and have never been detected) can travel only greater than the speed of light.

We have to study Tachyons further to understand this theory better
We actually have to have a theory that allows tachyons. The assumptions for tachyons require that they travel at greater than the speed of light and have negative mass - two very high mountains to climb. Thus, so far we just don't have a viable theory.

Here's a peer reviewed paper from 2022 on the subject: (https://www.mdpi.com/2073-8994/14/6/1198)

A Review of Searches for Evidence of Tachyons
by Robert Ehrlich
Physics and Astronomy Department, George Mason University, Fairfax, VA 22030, USA

Symmetry 2022, 14(6), 1198; https://doi.org/10.3390/sym14061198

Submission received: 26 April 2022/Revised: 19 May 2022/Accepted: 1 June 2022/Published: 10 June 2022

15. Summary and Future Tests
"This article described the searches for tachyons, particles having š‘£>š‘ and š‘š2<0. Initial searches were made for new particles having one of those properties, and apart from some false or ambiguous initial claims, they have yielded negative results. Following the pioneering work by Chodos et al. [32], most of the attention shifted to neutrinos as possible tachyon candidates. Here, the negative results of searches could better be described as inconclusive, rather than negative..."

Maybe we can gather more information from "Nemo" Km3 telescopes, perhaps neutrino studies could lead to better understanding of "Tachyon like candidates"

Mc Murdo station had mixed results with telescope Nemo 13 , till it went offline in mid 90 s, although it was designed to detect "meurons" sic, sub atomic particles traveling beyond light speed, although curiously it went offline simultaneously to Hubble cracking its lense while both were studying galaxy Orion, a galaxy with no "orbits" planets held in place by "dark matter" ( perhaps our key to " traveling beyond light speed in space/time) will reveal itself in dark matter studies.

both were studying galaxy Orion, a galaxy
Orion isn't a Galaxy, It is a constellation.
Maybe we can gather more information from "Nemo" Km3 telescopes, perhaps neutrino studies could lead to better understanding of "Tachyon like candidates"
Neutrinos aren't "tachyon like". We now know they have a tiny but real rest mass. They are limited to velocity v<c.

Another problem to contend with regards tachyons is they don't travel back in time. If you construct a spacetime diagram and place a normal light cone on the diagram where 45 degrees left and right of the observer's timeline that will mark out all events inside the cone the observer can theoretically interact with in the future. That area is timelike. The observer moves at less than the speed of light thus "consuming" more time than space to reach a future event.

"On the line", 45 degrees left and right, is the speed of light. The observer has to move at the speed of light to interact with any event that occurs on the line. The area is "lightlike".

All timelines inclined at greater than 45 degrees but less than 90 degrees travel toward the future, not toward the past, at greater than the speed of light. Movment in this area is spacelike. You "consume" more space than time when moving to an event. This is the realm of tachyons.

Movement on the 90 degree line connects every event occuring "now" anywhere in the universe (present hypersurface). The observer can simultaneously and instantly interact with every event occuring on that plane. The plane neither points to the future nor the past. Travel on this plane is at infinite velocity but it still does not point to the past.

Travel in the area where the cone opens up to greater than 90 degrees left and right is travel to the past and requires velocity greater than infinite.

Tachyons, for these reasons are considered to be science fantasy. This is why no real theory has ever been proposed for them.

1712134467986.png

Last edited:
This isn't a twist on "traditional conceptions" of time. This is time as was incorrectly defined in classical mechanics (Newtonian physics). Einstein's 1905 paper that introduced Special Relativity correctly stated that the opposite is true: time is relative and the classical concept of absolute simultaneity of events is incorrect.

So good to see you back, Darby! I had not looked in on things here for a long time, but today I happened to and saw this thread and your reply. When I first read the OP I saw the same error you did and considered a similar reply. Then I saw yours. While I heartily encourage developing new hypotheses about phenomena in our universe, it is never helpful to begin a hypothesis with something which has already been summarily falsified.

How are things in your sector of space-time, my old friend?
RMT

Back