Is Pi infinite

I vote no. Infinity x infinity = infinity

But they say infinity isn't a number or a value. It's a symbol of something ongoing that humans cannot grasp.

Anyone may correct me if I am wrong.

“π is infinite.” It’s not. It’s a finite number, greater than 2 and less than 4. If you square π, same thing. Not infinite. Greater than 1, less than 2.
I would like to see your line of reasoning on that. Since the exact value goes on forever and is defined as an irrational number. It doesn't represent length. It is just a ratio.

Or an Atom, proton, electron, Boson, god particle, neutron TRON if that’s a word in science. Pi of life. Or Life of Pi if you want to see the movie. It’s on YouTube.

Create a computer to create one.
If you alter Pi, it will no longer be Pi. It will just be a finite number assuming that was your goal. Infinity is important in Calculus and 3D objects. You cannot just "get rid" of it.

So what is 3D printing then. If a globe is a 3D circle then 3D print time.

Somebody did that centuries ago and got credit for my paper hourglass.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to see your line of reasoning on that. Since the exact value goes on forever and is defined as an irrational number. It doesn't represent length. It is just a ratio.
Asked someone better with math than I, and RT's answer was :

Pi~3.14159 Pi^2 is ~ 9.869

Clearly the number is not infinite. The confusion seems to be that the decimal does not terminate

Pi is irrational.

That is the correct description

"infinite" only refers to whether the decimal terminates, which it does not

Hence the reason for the term irrational

Infinity is not even a number proper. Tis only conceptual. Pi is definitely NOT infinite. But it is irrational.

It's decimal representation cannot be portrayed exactly. That does not make the number itself infinite.

Since SIN(Pi/2) == 1.0

True definition of Pi= 2*ArcSIN(1.0)

The math whiz folks probably understand that far better than I.

How do you terminate infinity? In computer progress we used to use terminators when we had to daisy chain. Why the terminator. Time is not in an hourglass. It’s not on a clock or atomic clock. Chicago museum has a earth rotation influenced pendulum. Is that pendulum accurate. A quantum computer said they reversed time a fraction a year or two ago. So what is true time. Is a particle of time round, where pi exists?