Read the evidence at: Conviction of a Time Traveler

Temporal Recon

Timekeeper
And of course, you stay in your world of generalities and provide precisely ZERO specifics to back up your claim. Well done. Next thing you know, you will offer up a link to google and say "it's all in here, read it and do some research.":rolleyes:

If you are going to call out Darby, you had better offer some specifics that can be falsified, otherwise we brand you "hit and run".

RMT

While I do not normally seek out using forums to promote Conviction of a Time Travler, since Mr. RMT has been so kind as to invite it, I feel free to provide the links.
As requested:
Conviction of a Time Traveler (for a signed copy)
or alternatively, the book may be found on
Amazon.com

Mr. RMT, my evidence (in COATT) has been available for about 2 years now to anyone in search of the actual truth. While I don't expect you to avail yourself to all the information (both pro and con) that is now available (information that did not exist yet when Darby/you made your pronouncements of "HOAX!" without all the facts), there are others who are in search of the unvarnished truth. It is for them that the book with its reams of evidence was written.

And, to answer your claim that I "remain in generalities," I am exceedingly specific in the evidence that I provide in COATT. Truth be told, the book had to be cut DOWN to ~300 pages.

Mr. Noze,
I commend you on your research and critical thinking thus far. I was especially encouraged by your analysis of the facts/fax suggesting the existence of a third (as yet, undisclosed) communication from (whom we suspect was) Titor. I was also very encouraged to see that you were already aware that Fax2 had been modified when you made your initial post.

Don't you find it interesting that Mr. Darby did not mention his knowledge of the modification until AFTER YOU
mentioned it yourself in a follow-up post?
Do you still think Darby will be completely honest with you in your search for the "actual" truth?​
I'm sure Mr. Darby may attempt to explain it away by claiming that "it wasn't important enough to mention," or some such backtracking. I would merely submit that the length of his post belies his false claim of disinterest. As you have likely already noticed in your research, Darby and others like him (Mr. RMT for example) are not interested in you finding the actual truth. He will withhold information from you, as you can plainly now see.
I'm sure Dirk would agree.

Mr. Noze, there is more to the faxes than meets the eye. Keep digging, there is more there to find.
Temporal Recon

Ah, so it looks like we have a book salesman here! Alrighty, then.

While I do not normally seek out using forums to promote Conviction of a Time Travler, since Mr. RMT has been so kind as to invite it, I feel free to provide the links.
As requested:
Conviction of a Time Traveler (for a signed copy)
or alternatively, the book may be found on
Amazon.com

Ah OK, so let me correct my earlier statement: You didn't offer a vague google link, you offered a link to Amazon and direct us to go buy your book. I guess that is not as lazy as the google link, but chock full of other self-interested motivations.

Mr. RMT, my evidence (in COATT) has been available for about 2 years now to anyone in search of the actual truth. While I don't expect you to avail yourself to all the information (both pro and con) that is now available (information that did not exist yet when Darby/you made your pronouncements of "HOAX!" without all the facts),

And all I have to do is buy your book! Imagine that. You will note that while I am quite sure Titor was a hoax, like any good scientist or engineer, I am willing to reconsider all claims when/if presented with veridical evidence. And usually stories sold in books do not always pass muster as veridical evidence.

there are others who are in search of the unvarnished truth.

And in this case the truth (or your version of it) only costs $25 plus shipping and handling. I can buy a "slap chop" from an informercial sheister for less than that.

It is for them that the book with its reams of evidence was written.

Well...that and to rake in a little profit off of an internet phenom that someone else put work into. Nice. At least Darby and I do not charge people for our debunking services...and yet we still get branded as "evil debunkers". Amazing, that.

And, to answer your claim that I "remain in generalities," I am exceedingly specific in the evidence that I provide in COATT. Truth be told, the book had to be cut DOWN to ~300 pages.

Nice try with the bait and switch. It remains a fact that your original post was highly generalized (the bait), and now you offer a profit-incentivized "answer to everyone's questions" about all the specifics (the switch). And if page count/word count has a direct bearing on truth, then you should take a look at my TTI post count! ;)

As you have likely already noticed in your research, Darby and others like him (Mr. RMT for example) are not interested in you finding the actual truth. He will withhold information from you, as you can plainly now see.

I bow to your superior ethos (that's sarcasm in case there was any doubt). I guess for me to become as ethical as you are, I need to find a way to remove all my posts from TTI, and turn them into a book for which I could charge the "fair" price of $25 (plus shipping and handling). Are you aware that other "niche" books like yours typically sell for something more on the order of $4-$6 on Amazon?

RMT

Thanks for all the responses everyone.

The purpose of this thread was to propose that there may have been 3 faxes sent to Bell as opposed to the popular assumption that only 2 faxes were sent.

Noze

You're welcome.

After I posted the first reply I observed that I hadn't addressed the issue of 2 or 3 faxes. That's when I decided that I should make a direct reply to the standing question. In the post I added the fact that lack of evidence (no mention of a third fax in the 2001 fax) does not constitute proof that none exists.

Based on my research I'm personally convinced that any additional fax is probably from a copy cat. There were enough of them (wannabe Titors - mostly trolls). TTI still gets them - and they're still mostly trolls. If someone else has a different opinion on the fax subject that's obviously OK.

On Anomalies to combat the Titor wannabe trolls we decided early on after dozens of people registered using "John Titor" or "TimeTravel_O" permutations as their handles to go into the control panel and block the use of Titor permutations as handles by making them reserved UserID's.

Don't you find it interesting that Mr. Darby did not mention his knowledge of the modification until AFTER YOU
mentioned it yourself in a follow-up post?
My gosh, that is interesting.​
I do apologize to you for not mentioning it sooner. It never occured to me that you would be reading the post. On the other hand, though the topic is new to daver it's not new to me. The faxes, as daver pointed out, had been discussed over the years at length. The subject of a third fax, however, was briefing discussed years ago on a thread. In future I'll make sure that I recall that you might be reading a thread and fully expand my posts for your personal aggrandizement and benefit.​
Again, I fall on my sword to make amends. I also thank you for the large text, screaming red, center justified, occassional ALL CAPS (and underlined, no less) font and paragraph format. I've never seen that before on a BBS. An original format on your part or did you see it somewhere else? It's brilliant. Even inspirational. No, really.​

Do you still think Darby will be completely honest with you in your search for the "actual" truth?

TR,

Contrary to some peoples' opinion it is not my responsibility to do the Titor research for anyone but myself. Like Pamela, if I'm in possession of information that I do not feel is appropriate to disclose I won't. That in no way means that I actually do have pertinent information that I have not discussed in public forum. I admit (again - for the umpteenth time over the past 11 years) that I have received information that I have not disclosed because it was gained by illegal means and passed to me. The information involved rather serious violations of privacy (and criminal fraud). I discussed the situation with the senders at the time that the information was sent to me. During those conversations I told the providers I would neither publish the information nor discuss the information with anyone else and that I would not accept any further illegally obtained information. I warned and advised them that Titor is supposed to be entertainment - not a situation where committing criminal acts to Find the Pope in the Pizza (identify Boomer for those who never watched SNL in the 1970's) is somehow justified. Some of those people are still around and they know what I am referring to.

The only reason that I originally mentioned it was because the information providers sent the information to people other than me and it started to leak into the forums that I had "new" information. I put a stop to the leaks by warning that if the new holders decided to post it they could find themselves inserious legal trouble. The information was specific enough that the people whose privacy had been violated would instantly recognize the information. And the affected people definitely were reading the threads here and on Anomalies.

If you want to do the leg work get out there and do it. I did. There's no possible way, no matter what I post, that I can in any way interfere with you or anyone else in that endeavor. Whines to the contrary simply reveal laziness on the part of the whiner.

In other circumstances I might be tempted at this point to say something along the lines of, "I'm sorry to be so blunt." In this case that would not be entirely truthful. I'm not sorry to say that someone is lazy when they fall back on the tried and tired excuse that Darby has somehow prevented them from learning The Truth About Life, Love and John Titor.

Moreover, daver is a big boy and daver has had no complaints. Somehow I get the feeling that he doesn't need you to defend him from me. He'll speak up for himself if need be and we'll address any issues as they come up.

And all I have to do is buy your book! Imagine that.
No, simply asking the right questions would likely get you to truth.
I would humbly suggest that it is possible that the student is not ready in some cases.

Well...that and to rake in a little profit off of an internet phenom that someone else put work into.
"Conviction of a Time Traveler" is a compilation of the evidence that supports the notion that time travel is a real and currently happening phenomenon. This evidence includes several technical advances Titor specifically mentioned that came about after Titor's departure.

Ultimately, it is up to the reader himself to determine if the evidence Conviction of a Time Traveler provides rises to his/her own personal threshold.

Thank you, I'm quite proud of my little project and the progress I've made as well.

At least Darby and I do not charge people for our debunking services...and yet we still get branded as "evil debunkers". Amazing, that.
Not so amazing. Capitalism is hard.

Nice try with the bait and switch. It remains a fact that your original post was highly generalized (the bait), and now you offer a profit-incentivized "answer to everyone's questions" about all the specifics (the switch). And if page count/word count has a direct bearing on truth, then you should take a look at my TTI post count! ;)
I offer no answers. I can only provide the evidence that has been overlooked or (quite possibly) purposefully ignored.
"The trick isn't to be in the know....it's to be in the mystery." - Dr. Fred Allen Wolfe.

I bow to your superior ethos (that's sarcasm in case there was any doubt). I guess for me to become as ethical as you are, I need to find a way to remove all my posts from TTI, and turn them into a book for which I could charge the "fair" price of $25 (plus shipping and handling).
I commend you on your entrepreneurial spirit.

Are you aware that other "niche" books like yours typically sell for something more on the order of $4-$6 on Amazon?
Thank you for your market research.

As Ever,
Kind Regards
Temporal Recon

Attempting to respond to your treatise seems a bit of overkill.
Except for this:
TR,
Contrary to some peoples' opinion it is not my responsibility to do the Titor research for anyone but myself.

This is a true statement.
I would only recommend to others reading these forums that nor do you have any responsibility to be truthful.
Be careful who you ask to review your evidence.

Nozeitall, keep looking. The faxes are an extremely interesting aspect of the Titor story. Bear in mind the above though.

As Ever
Kind Regards
Temporal Recon