Telling Art Bell about John Titor and timeline changes

Florida_Jim

Chrono Cadet
I called Art Bell during open lines Thursday. If you don't know, Art has a new show called "Dark Matter" on SiriusXM channel 104. You can check out his web site: artbell.com

People calling into the show had been requesting to hear from Titor. Knowing this is unlikely, and because I found Titor on Art's old forum, I decided to share. Here's the audio clip.

IF you get the chance tell Art bell about Rife Machines for his back. New Clinical studies have been done and more are planned with this new style of health therapy. Might be good for his back..... will darn sure cure vCJD. You should get one. Everyone should get one. .... I'm surprised you got corrected on the post to post thing. eh.

I'm really bummed that Art Bell was only on the radio for six weeks, but I'm glad I had the chance to tell him my story. Hopefully, the next timeline change I experience will include having him back on the air. :-)

I'm really bummed that Art Bell was only on the radio for six weeks, but I'm glad I had the chance to tell him my story. Hopefully, the next timeline change I experience will include having him back on the air. :)

I still can't figure out why the producers of the show wouldn't agree to put the show online for free. It's like shooting off your foot for spite. The potential audience would have gone to a worldwide audience. So what if you lose a few subscribers to the service. That small loss would have been more than compensated for by having a worldwide audience for Art to sell their products to.

I still can't figure out why the producers of the show wouldn't agree to put the show online for free. It's like shooting off your foot for spite. The potential audience would have gone to a worldwide audience. So what if you lose a few subscribers to the service. That small loss would have been more than compensated for by having a worldwide audience for Art to sell their products to.

It's always been about the money. I've said it before but I'll say it again: Art Bell is not a newscaster bringing people factual information. He's an entertainer and the show is about making money by presenting, for the most part, fruit bat pseudoscience that not even he believes. (Listen to the consistent inflection of his voice when he says to a guest, after spinning another whopper, "That's incredible!" He obviously means "incredible" in its literal sense - not believable.

There's nothing wrong with his making money - and the more he makes the better. The answer to why he would forgo a free to listen to show on the Internet is the same answer as to why he closed down the free Post-2-Post forum in mid 2001 only to come back with a new pay-to-play forum six months later. Remember, in 2001 I spoke to him about the situation (as did Rick Donaldson). His message to both of us was loud and clear - he didn't care for or about the Post-2-Post forum members because they were a pain in the ass as far as he and Premiere Radio were concerned. He had to pay a salary to a forum Mod/SysOp but made nothing in return. He didn't need us as much as he perceived that we needed him. The proof of the pudding for him was the number of people who were willing to pay a subscription fee to get back on the new forum.

He failed on Sirius. Bad business call or maybe the world has simply moved past Art Bell. He's no spring chicken and does have a bad habit of shooting from the hip. But he won't go for free-to-listen on the Internet because he has consistently complained for years (with justification) that his "worldwide audience" pirates his online programming. There's no "cume" counted for pirated shows when it comes to setting advertising rates. He was the king of over-night radio - the graveyard shift - where advertising rates are rock bottom cheap. He got rich in a niche AM radio market with no real competition once Larry King (the original king of over-night AM radio) went to TV. Bell thought the same would happen for him. But it never did. He did get wealthy but he was never ready for prime time - far too narrow a target audience.

He might be back on the Internet but it will still be pay-to-play. AM terrestrial radio is almost DOA.

BTW: "The producers" of the Sirius/XM show was Art Bell. He made the decision. His successful years were with Premiere Radio but he left them with yet another "retirement" back in 2010.