The best claims you have ever read on this site ?

penlost

Temporal Novice
Hi, I am fairly new to this site. Whilst I have been looking in for sometime now to read the posts I have never before felt brave enough to post, there are some very strong characters on here and I did not want to get 'shot down in flames!!'

My question is regarding time travel claims. Whilst they are very amusing and sometimes interesting have you ever been almost convinced by a claim? Who have been the most credible or viable as a time traveller? Out of all the terrible and amusing claims made there must have been some that really stand out.

Just curious to know the thoughts of the regular members of the board.

Welcome to the time travel board,you don't have to be brave to post here.I believe creedo is a real time traveler from another time ,even another planet.How do i know , i can sense it in his posts.

Titor is a Legend, huh?

Perhaps!

But let’s not forget, that the TTA knew first hand before anyone else did the impact he would inevitably have on the masses.

Apparently my claims ended up being true… how about his?

I think the real question you should be asking is, what else can the TTA can be right about?

I can tell you, but you won’t be entertained.

TTA

P.S. Have you seen the Poll? /ttiforum/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

penlost,

So far there hasn't been any would-be time traveler who has posted a claim that comes close to making logical sense let alone making science sense. And since Titor's story hit the Internet every would-be time traveler hence has either claimed to be John Titor, a member of John Titor's team or just posted the same story but with another name for the lead character. There's been absolutely no sign that the posters have attempted to be original or especially creative with their literary efforts.

The Titor Saga had long legs, even though the "science" that he posted is pretty awful. And, actually, even the Titor Saga was almost DOA by the spring of 2002.

The only reason that the story stayed alive was because Pamela and I were the moderators of the Anomalies TT forum and we purposely continued to bring the subject up again, each of us for our own reasons. I did it to increase site "hits". The site cost the owner money and only hit counts helped pay the bills to keep the site running.

We kept the story alive and in late 2003 Group Titor decided to go commercial by forming a Limited Liability Company in Florida (The John Titor Foundation) and have an entertainment lawyer run the show. That resurrected the story for another 18 months.

That act did have its own by-product here. You might notice that the TT site on Anomalies has gone silent since interest in Titor dropped off the radar by late 2005. In 2003 this forum was a virtual ghost town at times. For a long time the posts were made by five or six individuals who were simply passing personal nonsense messages to each other. Thankfully, once activity picked up here it wasn't solely for the Titor Saga.

Re: The best claims you have ever read on this sit

Darby - I remember you, or another mod, posted on the Anomalies site that they were working on providing evidence that would prove 100% that titor was a fake and would post them in due course. I never did see that. Was it posted?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
in response to:
what else can the TTA can be right about?
I can tell you, but you won’t be entertained.
P.S. Have you seen the Poll?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<font color="blue"> I really wonder what else you can be right about. I am not here to entertain.I have seen the poll. Is Javier, Javier Cortez? I have read his postings. He seemed to be against John Titor's claims. Do you claim him to be JT? What evidence have you got? [/COLOR]

YOU must be new around here!

Or else you would know who the TTA is!

So, allow me to introduce my self to you!

I am the TimeTravelActivist, and I am perhaps most well known as being the guy that gave Titor “the business” long ago and of being his exact opposite. Now, 6 yrs. later many now believe I was John Titor all along. Let me assure you, I am not!

Or am I?

Some have often referred to me as a Legend as well since my return. There is much history between the TTA/JT persona’s, but the key concept you must remember about the TTA is, don’t underestimate me!

TTA

penlost,

Darby - I remember you, or another mod, posted on the Anomalies site that they were working on providing evidence that would prove 100% that titor was a fake and would post them in due course. I never did see that. Was it posted?

On 6-FEB-2004 Pamela started a thread titled I received the 100 percent proof I needed . while she was still a Moderator on Anomalies.

I personally am new (obviously,) but I will tell you this. While Time Travel is, as far as we know, possible, the technology needed to acomplish it is almost certainly tens or even hundreds of thousands of years in the future. I don't think any of these people are telling the truth in their claims, but then again, you wonder...

I always thought that "Temporal Olly" was the most promising of the recent batch of potential time travellers.

His insights into temporal quantum mechanics was light years ahead of its time. Wonder what ever happened to him... /ttiforum/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Back