The Mystery Spot

GPA still hasn't explained how the woman was actually up higher than the man in the video. It wasn't an illusion. She's shorter than him.

If someone ever goes there, do some measurements for us. All we have to go by is the video.

Sorry to be such a nay-sayer, but I watched most of those videos, and it's all fairly simple optical illusions. I'd love to go into details, but that would just be a "uh-huh" "nuh-huh" kind of deal, so I have to pull out the mean old logic bomb I use in most cases like this: If there was anything, anywhere, at any point in time, in nature, that allowed things to counter the laws of nature, no civilian would ever be let near it. A place where things roll up hill? Endless free energy (things go up for free, come down elsewhere for free, we got a generator). A place where things change size against all alws of nature? Again, free energy, but also the opportunity to create some nasty machines, depending on how the physics of it all works!

Not to mock a good optical illusion, though. Those things are amazing, and fun as all hell. But making it supernatural seems to me like taking credit away from the cool but perfectly natural effects that are occuring.

Also, if a haunted house charges you a few or sells souvenirs in the lobby... Sorry, it's not haunted.

Your built in internal equilibrium and up down orientation ability will automatically tell you if you are going uphill or downhill. It does appear that the guy in GPA's video is not aware of this natural ability we all have. You can close your eyes and easily tell if you are walking up a hill or down a hill without relying on any visual cues. And the fact that using a level to indicate you are on flat ground just adds to the mystery. So any attempt to explain the phenomena away by ignoring and throwing away undesirable data is not even close to science.

Just based on the information we have so far: Visually it appears the hill slopes upward. But it has been demonstrated there is a length distortion phenomena present. So does the length distortion phenomena tell our eyes one thing, while our equilibrium and up down sense tell us something else?

There are measuring tools that use sound waves to measure length in addition to EM waves to measure length. And a mechanical tape measure can also be used. I do suspect that these measuring devices will not be in agreement with each other inside one of these distortion areas.

Am I the only one thinking about taking a chocolate bar to the enlarger side and just eating this never ending candy?

Your built in internal equilibrium and up down orientation ability will automatically tell you if you are going uphill or downhill. It does appear that the guy in GPA's video is not aware of this natural ability we all have. You can close your eyes and easily tell if you are walking up a hill or down a hill without relying on any visual cues. And the fact that using a level to indicate you are on flat ground just adds to the mystery. So any attempt to explain the phenomena away by ignoring and throwing away undesirable data is not even close to science.
It does appear that the guy in GPA's video is not aware of this natural ability we all have.
It would appear you are unaware of the natural ability of the brain to be fooled quite easily. Did you look at any of the links I provided? Did you examine any of the illusions in the link I provided? If you are capable of understanding the principles involved, you will understand how it appears as it does.

Your built in internal equilibrium and up down orientation ability will automatically tell you if you are going uphill or downhill.You can close your eyes and easily tell if you are walking up a hill or down a hill without relying on any visual cues.
Actually it will be your feet and legs that make you aware that you are going up or down hill. Your inner ear will only tell your muscles to adjust the angle between it and the force of gravity.Have you ever scuba dived? Without visual reference, as in night diving, or having been disorientated when entering the water, flipping or, ditching an aircraft, you can not tell up from down. You are taught, "To follow your bubbles".
Have you ever been on one of the roller coaster simulators? The visual illusion, in addition to the slight physical motion, cause a feeling of actually being on a real roller coaster.

It is all in your head... caused by your brain... nothing else.

GPA

I do realize you are trying to explain away the physical facts as if they don't exist. That's where we differ. The facts are immutable. Your armchair theory is nothing but fiction. It does appear that you are the one with the smoke and mirrors.

The camera does catch the height change. Which is in direct agreement with the actual physical observations.

You may recall that I challenged RMT to duplicate this effect in his backyard with a crooked fence long ago. He never got back to me with that. Perhaps you would like to take the challenge yourself. Don't forget, you have to fool the camera too. Good Luck.

@Einstein

I need to buy 2 stop watches (or could I use two cell phone stop watches?) and what were the other things you mentioned on paranormalis, to test Spook Hill? I really need to plan a trip over there.

A level, just to see if the hill really slopes upward as the car rolls uphill. A laser distance meter. I think that might be expensive. But it uses light to measure distance. Are you shrinking as you go into these areas? Just point it at the ground. You'll know what it says in normal situations. I'll bet it shows something different in these areas. Apparently the light is not being affected like the dimensions of length. So a tape measure would shrink with you. But I'll bet that rule doesn't apply to light.

The phone stop watches may update automatically. So that might not be a reliable time piece to use.

GPA

Since you mentioned this in another thread, that you still believe the Mystery Spot is due to a trick on my visual perception. I would like to see your proof. Not an explanation. Actual proof.

Since you mentioned this in another thread, that you still believe the Mystery Spot is due to a trick on my visual perception. I would like to see your proof. Not an explanation. Actual proof.
We have gone over this thoroughly and I offered "proof" in the video in post #20. You refuse to accept that proof, as measured and demonstrated by a surveyor's instruments so, there is nothing better than what was presented in that video, that I could offer you. It is "solid', measured in the real world, (like you prefer) proof that ,the hill that appears to let cars roll uphill, is actually down hill within a tilted landmass. That is the same principle that affects our perception at The Mystery Spot and all other places like it.

Looks like you are attempting misdirection as a method to make your case. Sorry, I don't buy it. I also noticed a lack of any data by the surveyor to measure perceived height changes that are caught by the camera. That is deliberate misdirection. The real fact is you can not cause an object to change its physical dimensions by altering visual cues. Yet the physical height change is easily caught and recorded by camera in these gravitational anomaly areas.

I'm still willing to see you duplicate a recordable height change using the visual cue method you are using to misdirect us all from the actual facts. Please do so outside one of these gravitational anomaly areas.

Einstein;

As I have stated before, I think sometimes you just like to be disputatious.

Did you watch the video? In it, the surveyor not only shows a graphical detail of his measurements (1:50-1:53) but, the camera operator does a camera swing from the water horizon to the mountainous area with the horizon "line" drawn in for reference (2:18-2:28). The Psycologist's demonstration at (2:26-2:56) is EXACTLY what you are being subjected to, by the design of The Mystery Spot and others. No mystery...it's an optical illusion... caused by your brain's compensating for the "discrepency" between the spatial map recorded in your hippocampus to the visual information being presented by "what your eyes are seeing" presently.

Just because you are, for whatever reason, unwilling or incapable of understanding the reason why these sites can present the optical illusion of a change in size, why should I even consider trying to "prove" to you the cause. If I took a 10 foot pole and marked my height on it and moved from one side of this location to the other and revealed the mark is still the same... you would simply spew more nonsense and say... the pole's size changed too. Believe your fantacy if you want... it's your life.

"disputatious"

Golly gee! That's a word. First time I've seen it.

Yes, I did watch the video. But there is a major flaw that we are not told about. The true direction of vertical. Is it skewed? Doesn't a surveyor use the local gravity vector to determine what horizontal is? If vertical is off by a few degrees, then horizontal will appear to be tilted. Hasn't it been demonstrated at these gravitational anomalies that a pendulum will swing further one way than the other?

And then the one major fact that all the debunkers seem to leave out of their explanations. The physical height change. It is being called an illusion. But no one has yet to show it is an illusion by demonstrating outside one of these anomaly areas how it occurs. The camera catches a height change inside an anomaly area. Yet outside these anomaly areas height changes do not occur.

I can see you aren't willing to take the height change challenge test. Are you also attempting to avoid admitting an inability to do so?

Real facts trump armchair physics every single time.

"disputatious"Golly gee! That's a word. First time I've seen it.Yes, I did watch the video. But there is a major flaw that we are not told about. The true direction of vertical. Is it skewed? Doesn't a surveyor use the local gravity vector to determine what horizontal is? If vertical is off by a few degrees, then horizontal will appear to be tilted. Hasn't it been demonstrated at these gravitational anomalies that a pendulum will swing further one way than the other?
And then the one major fact that all the debunkers seem to leave out of their explanations. The physical height change. It is being called an illusion. But no one has yet to show it is an illusion by demonstrating outside one of these anomaly areas how it occurs. The camera catches a height change inside an anomaly area. Yet outside these anomaly areas height changes do not occur.

I can see you aren't willing to take the height change challenge test. Are you also attempting to avoid admitting an inability to do so?

Real facts trump armchair physics every single time.
Let me see if I understand: If I can reproduce the video below here in my hometown would you be satisfied?

Another Oregon Vortex video showing the apparent height change.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yC9FprP6UI
That is a very cool illusion, easy to reproduce. Let me know if that's the case, I can think of something.

Let me see if I understand: If I can reproduce the video below here in my hometown would you be satisfied?That is a very cool illusion, easy to reproduce. Let me know if that's the case, I can think of something.
Video editing and shooting the video inside an anomaly area is not allowed.

Video editing and shooting the video inside an anomaly area is not allowed.
I don't even know how to edit a video. I was thinking I would do it with the camera of my phone.Anyway, I'd be willing to meet any criteria you require.
I don't know how anomalous my city is but you can look it up. I'm in Manaus.