Why do you want to travel in time?

Fiona_Mont

Temporal Novice
Hi everyone, I'm new on here. I've become increasingly interested in the concept of time travel which I believe has been cracked at some point in the future.

The more I think about time travel the more it bends my mind and sometimes even depresses me a little, I'm not sure why, but it's a subject that I can't leave.

I feel that if I was presented with a time travel machine I wouldn't actually want to use it. There's nowhen I actually want to go, I am just fascinated and slightly obsessed with finding out if it is possible.

My question is, why do you want to time travel? I would be really interested to see what other people would do if they had the ability and opportunity.

Hope you don't mind me asking.

Explore. See how things were and will be. Be completely free of any rules imposed by anyone else. And most of all, fun. /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif But apparently some people do these things without a time machine. I just think time travel will allow more freedom and possibilities. :D

I believe it is possible without the aid of a time machine, or rather I don't go with the theory of travelling faster than the speed of light.

It is an excellent thought that we could view times past and future without interaction but if confronted with a time machine there would always be a temptation to see how your own life ends, to view possible tragedies and then be tempted to prevent them.

Personally I am convinced that time travel is possible because I think I have seen them and better still captured them on photo and film over the past ten years.

I believe the same, I believe with the advances of technoligy some time in the next 100 years or so we will be able to view the past without interaction, such as watching the past like a movie, I think it will be a great weapon against crime.

Too right, there certainly are uncharted waters of humanity yet to be explored. Perhaps injustices, we could view exactly what did actually happen in certain crimes, giving weight to 'thou shalt not give false witness'.

Most people are concerned with how to travel in time but the finer details of would it be possible without changing things, to view without interaction. Would we even feel comfortable to do it and not be able to change things?

I would just wander around through time, experincing the past and future, having fun and learning as much as possible.

This is where some people would most likely object, I would play out all the "what if" scenarios that bounce around my head, simply for my curiosity. What if the Egyptian Empire didn't fall, What if Abraham Lincoln hadn't died, What if the Santa Maria sank on the way to America, What if there was nothing special that happened on 9/11. Lots of people here morally object to a time traveler ever trying to do these type of things, but this is what intersets me the most about time travel… The limitless oportunities it presents, and franlky, that no one can really tell you otherwise.

Of course, there are people who say that a time traveler could never really change the past, and if this is the case all I would do is merely travel through time as an obserever, watching what happens.

Personally I am convinced that time travel is possible because I think I have seen them and better still captured them on photo and film over the past ten years.

Do you mean like in a metaphorical sense, like the past is IN the pictures, or you have taken pictures of Time Travelers

Most people are concerned with how to travel in time but the finer details of would it be possible without changing things, to view without interaction. Would we even feel comfortable to do it and not be able to change things?

I don't think anyone who hasnt taken a sort of out look of knowledge and solitude could ever handle beind a time traveler becuase with things like concern for all people you will just feel horrible about everything you could change to save them and it would ultimately drive them crazy. I'm not saying concern for everyone is a bad thing, just that for a time traveler it is.

Interaction with the past or future could change events. What if something else happened instead of 9/11 and a time traveller came back and tried to change events, they could do that but they couldn't change the anger or whatever caused it and then maybe 9/11 happened instead of some other event. We wouldn't be aware that events had changed. So maybe we can't change things, I don't know.

When I say that I think I may have recorded them I mean I have photos of at least one person who I believe to be a time traveller. It was a bizarre episode and I still have the photo and I still look at it and remember the day we took it and wonder. Strange though it may seem one of the more plausible explanations is that the person in our photo is a time traveller.

I feel really weird saying all this but like I said before I just can't get it out of my mind and I do think it is possible.

Interaction with the past or future could change events. What if something else happened instead of 9/11 and a time traveller came back and tried to change events, they could do that but they couldn't change the anger or whatever caused it and then maybe 9/11 happened instead of some other event. We wouldn't be aware that events had changed. So maybe we can't change things, I don't know.

This, for me, would be the fun part, like solving an ultimate mystery. You may not get the answer you want, but it is still an answer, and with the answer, you can go back and change the question and see what the new answer would be.

When I say that I think I may have recorded them I mean I have photos of at least one person who I believe to be a time traveller. It was a bizarre episode and I still have the photo and I still look at it and remember the day we took it and wonder. Strange though it may seem one of the more plausible explanations is that the person in our photo is a time traveller.

Could you maybe show us the picture, and explain why you believe its a time traveler.

I feel really weird saying all this but like I said before I just can't get it out of my mind and I do think it is possible.

Don't feel weird, becuase when you are surounded by the other weirdos your not weird anymore /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I was just sorting out using the main photo as my avatar. I'll explain more as we go on, I feel like a complete nutter saying all of this, but I'm going to anyway because I know I'm not crazy and I did have these experiences, in fact continuing to have them.

I was just sorting out using the main photo as my avatar. I'll explain more as we go on, I feel like a complete nutter saying all of this, but I'm going to anyway because I know I'm not crazy and I did have these experiences, in fact continuing to have them.

Is that you in the front. And is that thing on the bridge what you think is a time traveler.

You can't see the picture enlarged on the profile so this I think is the link to it. I am in the foreground, totally oblivious at that point to the man on the bridge behind me. He is using some kind of monocle to film or view us.

Here is the photobucket link

http://s217.photobucket.com/albums/cc146/fionamary/?action=view&current=C813sept09045.jpg

He was there for a couple of minutes and my husband pointed him out because he could see him in the background. We both stared at him and he seemed to be deliberately photographing us, with what I don't know, and when he finished he smiled at us, almost laughed and then waved before he cycled off at top speed.

Before you think I am a complete nutter we wondered ourselves what the hell it was all about. We weren't doing anything extraordinary, just feeding ducks. It was August 2000 but there was something unusual about our circumstances. At the time I was on the run from UK police, I was Britains Most Wanted and was hiding out in Holland in an obscure town. At the time we thought he was a policeman, because we were highly paranoid, but if he had of been I'd have been approached by police in Holland, which I wasn't, they didn't have a clue where I was at the time, no-one knew.

But all these years later I realised that my husband documented all our time on the run on video and that on that day he recorded us walking from our house to the pond, he uploaded the film onto the internet a few years ago which means it might still be visible to people in the future, the film had the time and date and so our location would be visible to people in the future.

Well I told you I feel weird.

Before you think I am a complete nutter we wondered ourselves what the hell it was all about. We weren't doing anything extraordinary, just feeding ducks. It was August 2000 but there was something unusual about our circumstances. At the time I was on the run from UK police, I was Britains Most Wanted and was hiding out in Holland in an obscure town. At the time we thought he was a policeman, because we were highly paranoid, but if he had of been I'd have been approached by police in Holland, which I wasn't, they didn't have a clue where I was at the time, no-one knew.

But all these years later I realised that my husband documented all our time on the run on video and that on that day he recorded us walking from our house to the pond, he uploaded the film onto the internet a few years ago which means it might still be visible to people in the future, the film had the time and date and so our location would be visible to people in the future.

I don't get it. This, above, is why you think the guy on the bridge is a time traveler? If so, I can't figure out why you would presume this. Can you connect the dots better, because I don't see why this is the most plausible explanation???

RMT

Welcome to the forum. Please don't leave if someone says something negative here. A lot of us here are very interested in peoples personal experiences involving time travel or things that could possibly be time travel.

I have had similiar situation when I was younger and living with my parents I thought it was weird one day that I looked out the front livingroom window and saw a man videotaping my house. He was dressed in a white shirt and what looked like dress pants. I watched him for a little while he had a very little video camera. I didn't have shoes on so when it looked like he was walking away I ran into my bedroom to get my shoes and ran out to the livingroom and came back (which took but a second)I was going to ask him what he was doing but he was gone. I was driving so I got into my car and went up and down the road and didnot find him. He was not a neighbor. The houses were far enough away that he was definitely video taping mine and not another house. He was standing out in the street. He was doing it like he wanted the full range of the house or something. It was weird.
I always thought that was weird. I just remembered that incident when you shared yours. I also wished I would have ran outside without shoes. :D But I thought he would still be there! He was walking and no car was nearby. He simply disappeared there was no where he could have hid.

So PLEASE do not feel weird! /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I guess one of my questions would be did you ever see this man photographing you again?

Did you do anything differently after you wondered about who the guy was? Did you hide more or etc?

Did anything unusual happen after the guy left?

What exactly made you think he could have been a time traveler is it you think he may have seen the video and then time traveled back to get his own pictures to document it?

I don't think faster-than-light speed is necessary for time travel. It seems like killing a fly with a sledge hammer. And we probably could view other times with less energy than it would require to transmit matter. However, I'm not sure it would be technically easier aside from that. Regarding whether we could change the past or not, I think of it as painting a picture. Only the artist really knows all the strokes that go into the final image. A passerby only sees the finished work. With time travel, non time travelers will only see the net sum of all choices and actions made, whereas a time traveler could, I think, redo things as long as they wanted.

Also, I hope you don't mind me commenting. I clicked on your name to check your profile, which led me to your youtube channel. I watched the police chase video and thought it was fake at first, until I read a comment saying it was real. Then I looked at google and wikipedia and other sources and confirmed it. I was inspired by the story, and I hope all is working well for you. You see, no matter how things had been (guilty or innocent), I have had my own bad experience with law enforcement, though nothing so dramatic or long-lasting. If I had a time machine, I'd love to help out a person such as yourself even if only in small ways. Maybe someone else feels the same. :D

I cannot comment on the photo, since the zoom feature is not working. Though it could have been anyone, a small dose of paranoia can do wonders for one's self-preservation. It can add caution that helps to avoid getting caught.

Time is our most precious resource, and it should never be taken for frivolous reasons.

Hi,

I had to go to bed last night I was just too tired for words, but wow what a lot of interesting ideas, thank you for sharing your experiences.

I don't think that the guy in the photo is beyond reasonable doubt a time traveller. The reason I think he may have been was because he was documenting us like a tourist and he was enjoying himself doing it. We went to follow him but he was on a bicycle and he had long gone by the time we reached the bridge.

Yes we were very paranoid, you have no idea, police, press etc. But it didn't make us hide away in a hole any more than we already were, we were in Holland and outside of UK jurisdiction. At the time we had to consider him a police officer, even though he didn't look or behave like one, and we've both had years of experience of them. But his behaviour was so odd and out of place that it stuck in my mind even all these years later.

Something else happened last year, again with a photograph. I found a photo of me on the internet, or someone who looks a hell of a lot like me, that was taken in 1997. I'm guessing 97 because of my hair, clothes and the mobile I'm holding in the photo. It was tagged as Fiona Mont on flicker and was taken by a guy who says he didn't know who the woman in the picture was. He just took it at random while out walking in Hove. Flickr states that the photo was taken with a camera that wasn't available till 2005.

Now maybe he took a photo of a photo. Maybe it isn't me in the picture, but it spooks me how much she looks like me back in 97.

I didn't go on the run until Dec 1999 and there was no press coverage until about April 2000.

There have been other things, but I'll leave them for now.

In answer to helping someone like me in a desperate situation, it is so wierd because everyone always said 'Why the hell did all that happen?' and I've wondered that myself, I believe that someone did try to alter my life and that is the reason so much stuff happened.