Why don't people from the future come to our time?

Consider this.

Imagine Earth had been littered with alien artifacts which would grant its users tremendous power over other Humans.

Once time travel was invented, controlling the artifacts in a linear fashion would become irrelevant. Instead, sourcing the items at their Z-axis point of origin would be the optimal method to ensure total control over the items.

Therefore, time travelers would be removing the most fantastical components of the timeline and displacing them to the distant future, depriving us of their power in the present.

In that case, time travel would function primarily to remove artifacts and events from the timeline, rather than introduce new and unstable elements. Which is why linear travelers would be mostly unaware of the time travelers missions and operations. If the object becomes documented in history, or if its recovery from the past to the present were to be detected, it could cause one's opponents to intervene at an earlier date, and render your original mission a failure. It would also allow your opponents an opportunity to erase the original detection, depriving your side of the opportunity to know that original mission ever even took place.

Here is another possible reason for not having "time tourists" in our time.

Because of the development of the technologies and the sciences, the life in the future may have become so much better, that from the future people's perspective, our life as a misery. They may consider our life, as we consider the life in the 1800's when people have been taking feces in holes in the garden or directly on the floor in the palaces, or has had a special spikes on the walls of the palaces, where the people could scratch their heads through the wigs, to comfort their heads from the louses, that they have.

Maybe to ask why we don't have tourists from the future is equal to ask why we don't go for a vacation in the local gypsy neighborhood.

They may think of our time as a grouse, dangerous and ugly place.

Here is another possible reason for not having "time tourists" in our time.Because of the development of the technologies and the sciences, the life in the future may have become so much better, that from the future people's perspective, our life as a misery. They may consider our life, as we consider the life in the 1800's when people have been taking feces in holes in the garden or directly on the floor in the palaces, or has had a special spikes on the walls of the palaces, where the people could scratch their heads through the wigs, to comfort their heads from the louses, that they have.Maybe to ask why we don't have tourists from the future is equal to ask why we don't go for a vacation in the local gypsy neighborhood.

They may think of our time as a grouse, dangerous and ugly place.
Spuseeba, Seivtcho. As we say here, "you have a way with words", lol. Don't worry, though, your ideas do come through!

What do you mean? Are you agree? Or maybe disagree :) Or maybe agree partially.
I neither agree nor disagree with your interesting comments. Your English just brings me a chuckle now and then when I read things such as " taking feces in holes in the garden" and " comfort their heads from the louses". The translation is just a bit off. But again, don't worry - it is easy to understand what you mean to say, and I appreciate the effort you take to post here, komrade. :D I can assure you that I give others a laugh when I try to communicate in a language that is not my native tongue - you are doing much better than me!

By the way, I saw a video on youtube, where they used the term "to take a feces" :D
Hahaha, what a great video! Man, I think this should be featured somewhere on the site for a while, even though there isn't really a way to do that right now - maybe in the future. It seems that the character who says "take a feces" is also made out to be an Eastern European/ West Asian speaking English as a second language, adding to the humor! It reminds me of the old Hanz and Franz characters (featured in a recent TV commercial) or the Swinging Czechoslovakian Brothers on Saturday Night Live.[DOUBLEPOST=1412262004][/DOUBLEPOST]This further leads me to wonder - do other countries have comedic characters who are supposed to be Americans or Brits trying to speak a second language? Surely, they must... I remember when I was in Germany, the Germans would sometimes make fun of American's pronunciation of the German language...

well... in Bulgaria there is not such a way of saying things. I myself don't know why I said it. :) It seems, that simply I am not the only one.

Hahaha' date=' what a great video! Man, I think this should be featured somewhere on the site for a while, even though there isn't really a way to do that right now - maybe in the future. It seems that the character who says "take a feces" is also made out to be an Eastern European/ West Asian speaking English as a second language, adding to the humor! It reminds me of the old Hanz and Franz characters (featured in a recent TV commercial) or the Swinging Czechoslovakian Brothers on Saturday Night Live.[DOUBLEPOST=1412262004'][/DOUBLEPOST]This further leads me to wonder - do other countries have comedic characters who are supposed to be Americans or Brits trying to speak a second language? Surely, they must... I remember when I was in Germany, the Germans would sometimes make fun of American's pronunciation of the German language...
surely there are foreigners portraying Americans butchering their languages. I had a perfectly trilingual roommate in Hong Kong and I asked him what does my American accent sound like when I speak mandarin, explained to me in an analogous way that my native English speaking brain could understand. "A very tough question", he replied; one that he had never been asked before. He came back a couple days later and said when I speak mandarin, sometimes I sound like an Indian when they speak English, good grammar and vocabulary, but some sing songiness when I either over-emphasize the tones correctly or get them wrong here and there. Somebody surely must be exploiting this, and if they're not, look out, because I have a file full of Chinese faux pas that are begging for open mike nite at an expat club

People from the future may have visited us in our time, but we cannot automatically assume that we would be aware of their existence. I spoke in another thread about time travel involving being on another frequency. The traveller would not exist on the same plane/dimension/frequency as those in the present time, therefore we would not be aware of their presence. That is my theory anyway.

People from the future maybe around us but we are not aware for the reasons i have mentioned above and because we don't have the capacity to deal with that sort of knowledge right now, i think nature prevents us from knowing in order to protect us from the harm that kind of information could potentially do.

I have a similar vision to yours worldmachine, people from the future just might be around us and one of two things might be happening. We might not be aware of them and see them as just another of us because they act as if they are one of us so that they don't disrupt time or we might see them as crazy. How many times have we heard the expression ahead of their time? Well, maybe there is some truth in that.

Gelsemium may have a good point there, we do regularly hear of people being described as ''ahead of their time.'' This could have a deeper meaning than we think. We have witnessed all sorts of people who have incredible talent or seemingly ''superhuman'' capabilities. Maybe these people are from a future time and another stage of human evolution. I don't think that these people are aware they are from the future however, nature would prevent them from knowing because of the potential damage that information could do.

Two examples in history of people ahead of their time would be the artist Vincent Van Gogh and the musician Nick Drake. Van Gogh became so frustrated that no one understood his work or appreciated it's genius that he succumbed to mental illness, even cutting off his own ear in a bid to be noticed. He eventually committed suicide. Nick Drake was a singer/songwriter/guitarist who has achieved cult legendary status since his death. In his lifetime however, his records did not sell, people didn't see his unique talent, he became very depressed and died of an overdose of anti depressants.

Both of these people have been described as ''ahead of their time'' their work and talent was not understood during their lifetimes. They lived in times where they did not fit in. Did they belong somewhere else in the future?

I feel that the same way that our scientists are in the lab studying cells and other things there might be advanced people, let's call them from the future, that come to our world to study us. I'd love that I could spot them and chat with them, I'd love to know what they know.

I feel that the same way that our scientists are in the lab studying cells and other things there might be advanced people, let's call them from the future, that come to our world to study us. I'd love that I could spot them and chat with them, I'd love to know what they know.
They've already placed a probe on Ceres. :)