Dept. of Energy Efficiency

KerrTexas

Timekeeper
Had a dream this morning and decided to share it here.

In the dream, I was in my home and heard knocking at the front door. My wife looked out the window to see who was outside, turned to me and said, " They're from the Texas Dept. of Energy Efficiency ! "

She opened the door and let them into the house. There were two people. One had a clip-board with forms on it, the other person had different types of equipment. They informed us that they were at my home for an energy efficiency inspection.

The individual with the equipment started the inspection by measuring the temperature in the home and checking the settings of the thermostat. She mentioned details about the A/C - Heating system that were written down by the man with the clipboard.

She then continued by using some sort of device that checked the efficiency of the windows, having the man make notes about the type of windows the house had installed, and if they were appropriately promoting a stable temperature inside the home; proper glass, thickness, required amount of panes, whether or not there were any defective windows, and she also was checking to make sure there were not any older windows that needed to be replaced.

After continuing through my home, checking for proper insulation of the home, efficient appliances, etc., the two inspectors had me accompany them outside, and started asking questions about a pool. The man asked me if the water was heated during the winter months and then he pointed out that it was illegal to do so. He mentioned that any heating of a pool was a serious offense and could result with large fines and possible jail time.

While I was engaged in a conversation with the man, the woman was checking the outside of my home, and had some sort of device that measured the amount of water being used by the vegetation planted around the property.

In thinking about the plants after waking up, realized that they were odd looking plants that I've never seen in this lifetime. My dream-self knew that they were genetically engineered for the elimination of requiring any watering with an electrically operated irrigation system.

After the two completed their inspection, they both signed off on a form and commented that everything seemed to be OK and no fines would be levied. After they had me sign the form, they gave me a copy. I watched them go to a truck with the Texas Dept. of Energy Efficiency logos on it, mess around with paperwork and the equipment, and then they walked to the neighbors house.

I woke up puzzled, yet, intrigued by this dream. Can't think of any real-life triggers for such a dream.

The dream did result with me contemplating if we, as a society, would ever reach a point where such a governmental agency would be created.

I woke up puzzled, yet, intrigued by this dream. Can't think of any real-life triggers for such a dream.

Looks like your dream computer connected to another version of you in a parallel reality. I have dreams of another version of me who happens to be a full time student. It does make me wonder sometimes if I can access the knowledge base he has acquired.

Time Warner Cable has been advertising their "Intelligent Home" package which includes the following :

More than convenient. Energy-efficient.
Conserve energy when you’re away, make sure the house is comfortable when you get home, and save up to 10% on your energy bills. Access settings anytime, whether you’re on vacation or just at the office.

Lighting just the way you like it.
Turn on your lights remotely so you’re welcomed home - or save energy and keep the lights off when you're away.

Check in while you’re out.

Cameras let you know in real-time when something happens in your home. View live video from your computer or smartphone to make sure the dog walker or handyman got in okay, and see for yourself if the kids are home from school.

IntelligentHome is always on.

Home Security System & Home Monitoring System | Time Warner Cable

Think that this was the trigger for the dream. Watching the advertising got me to thinking how scary is this !?! I was thinking what kind of abuse could come from having the cable company having a home monitoring system always on.

Looks like your dream computer connected to another version of you in a parallel reality. I have dreams of another version of me who happens to be a full time student. It does make me wonder sometimes if I can access the knowledge base he has acquired.

I thought about something similar Einstein, being able to access the knowledge from another version of myself, and also questioned if it was possible to draw in a little bit of energy from a few of the other versions of myself.

Then I realized, IF the multiple versions of ourselves was true, then there was a possibility that another me actually came up with those ideas first; accessing my knowledge base or taking energy from the here and now me.

Even though this particular dream seems to have a trigger, doesn't explain how the subconscious mind is able to construct elements in the dream of things that I know I've never seen before in this lifetime.

The subconscious just may be accessing a collective memory. Not understanding space/time from a linear perspective; is accessing memories from multiple sources of time and space.

I thought about something similar Einstein, being able to access the knowledge from another version of myself, and also questioned if it was possible to draw in a little bit of energy from a few of the other versions of myself.

Then I realized, IF the multiple versions of ourselves was true, then there was a possibility that another me actually came up with those ideas first; accessing my knowledge base or taking energy from the here and now me.

Even though this particular dream seems to have a trigger, doesn't explain how the subconscious mind is able to construct elements in the dream of things that I know I've never seen before in this lifetime.

The subconscious just may be accessing a collective memory. Not understanding space/time from a linear perspective; is accessing memories from multiple sources of time and space.

I've had dreams where I seem to know the participants because of a sense of familiarity when I'm with them. Yet on awakening I realize that the people in the dream were all total strangers that I have never met in real life. It's like my dream self has a life all his own. I'm just glad the both of us have no quarrels with each other.

But I do believe my subconscious does access a collective of some sort. I use the ability to solve problems or answer questions. I just go to sleep thinking about some problem or question and always wake up with a solution or answer or even a course of action that I never thought of before.

I've had dreams where I seem to know the participants because of a sense of familiarity when I'm with them. Yet on awakening I realize that the people in the dream were all total strangers that I have never met in real life. It's like my dream self has a life all his own. I'm just glad the both of us have no quarrels with each other.

But I do believe my subconscious does access a collective of some sort. I use the ability to solve problems or answer questions. I just go to sleep thinking about some problem or question and always wake up with a solution or answer or even a course of action that I never thought of before.

Yeah, same dynamics occur with my dreams. I've been told to keep a journal and to become better at remembering my dreams on a consistent basis.

You brought up an interesting point though...I realized that although there is some remembering of the people in my dreams, however, I remember the landscapes and structures far more than I do of the people. Wonder what's up with that ?

My very first post here on TTI was about a dream involving Time Travel. I stepped into a machine and seemed to be transported to the past. In the dream, the details of workings the machine were clear, and I remember that it did something with the energy system's of the physical body to synchronize it with the past's energy signature. I tried my hardest to recall exactly "how" the machine worked, but, just can't remember.

In another dream, as a seemingly follow-up to the first, was a super advanced computer in the distant future that controlled everything. I do remember the computer had large cylinders that contained some sort of primordial soup that it used for its memory functions. Using nano(bio)bot type technology, it was capable of sending out "roots" to combine with the roots of the vegetation, using the photosynthesis of the plants as its energy source.

I remember enough of that dream I could draw out the basic schematics of the super computer (with several gaps that would have to be figured out) that was seen, and know that the technology exists today to build it. However, I just don't have the time nor the resources to build it myself. :(

This is pretty relevant to the current "green building" themes that can be found in every forward-thinking general contractors repertoire. Utility companies near my home are asking homeowners to buy into solar powered "off site" units and home builders are broadening their services to include building with sustainable, environmentally harmonious materials. Some of these homes are built so well into existing environments that you can barely spot them from a distance. Even cardboard cut-out housing developments (like my own) have strict limits on the type of lawn and vegetation allowed. I reckon your dream of energy police is not unrealistic at all.