"The future ain't what it used to be."

Haunted House ? WooHoo !

Perhaps they learned it all off by heart from a young age from a basic star chart (relative to seasons which were- and are still of utmost importance to all of us) and remembered it. After all, their entire survival/existence relied upon knowing roughly what to expect next.

This is nothing new, the Mesopotamian's were were the original masters of Astronomy it seems.
Astronomy in Ancient Mesopotamia
I recall reading a book on Astronomy written by the great Fred Hoyle, and he totally marveled at their ancient and vast knowledge.

Funny, how you too are drawn to Astronomy too Kerr!!!

I spend many hours in the winter months with my home made 8 inch Newtonian Reflector and my 4 inch Refractor viewing the heavens. I find there is nothing more to humble a person to look at some of the deep space objects like the Orion Nebula to put our position in the whole scheme of things in to perspective!

I saw a show on Ch 4 TV here the other day, where they showed the first actual photo taken in Infra Red of the object at the very centre of our Galaxy- a massive black hole. It was most strange to see this tiny, almost insignificant dot in the middle of a colour enhanced picture- that showed the ball of energy we here are held in place by!

The seasons will be about right for us all soon! :)
Ciow,
Dave

Perhaps they learned it all off by heart from a young age from a basic star chart (relative to seasons which were- and are still of utmost importance to all of us) and remembered it. After all, their entire survival/existence relied upon knowing roughly what to expect next.

This is nothing new, the Mesopotamian's were were the original masters of Astronomy it seems.
Astronomy in Ancient Mesopotamia
I recall reading a book on Astronomy written by the great Fred Hoyle, and he totally marveled at their ancient and vast knowledge.

Funny, how you too are drawn to Astronomy too Kerr!!!

I spend many hours in the winter months with my home made 8 inch Newtonian Reflector and my 4 inch Refractor viewing the heavens. I find there is nothing more to humble a person to look at some of the deep space objects like the Orion Nebula to put our position in the whole scheme of things in to perspective!

I saw a show on Ch 4 TV here the other day, where they showed the first actual photo taken in Infra Red of the object at the very centre of our Galaxy- a massive black hole. It was most strange to see this tiny, almost insignificant dot in the middle of a colour enhanced picture- that showed the ball of energy we here are held in place by!

The seasons will be about right for us all soon! :)
Ciow,
Dave

eddy-diagram.jpg

If we take the diagram of the Big Horn Medicine Wheel, and convert the image into a 3-dimensional format :

2edwb4w.jpg

Nomadic bands took the 'wheel' with em.

~~~~

Yes, agree that some of this is nothing new - however - the depth of understanding what 'they' understood - might be new. Shouldn't be too much of a surprise being interested in Astronomy. Researching the Native American cultures, am naturally drawn to Astronomy.

~~~~

WoW..home made deep-sky equipment ? Very impressive, daver !

Been playing around with deep-sky photography, however, my telescope is a "cheap-o" brand and won't properly accept my camera. Aperture opening problems prevent high-resolution images from being captured by the camera.

Yeppers, many hours spent just "gazing" at the wonders in the night sky. Completely agree with ...

"..nothing more to humble a person to look at some of the deep space objects like the Orion Nebula to put our position in the whole scheme of things in to perspective! "
Thank-you for the link, will have to spend some time reading through the material regarding the Mesopotamian's and their Astronomy.

Many now, still marvel at the Mayan's accomplishments with Astronomy. Never occured to me that the Mayans also may have been using two sets of time.

The Comanche's were originally part of the Shoshone culture - considered part of the Uto-Aztecan Family.

Although the Big Horn Medicine Wheel is attributted to the Lakota culture, the Shoshone culture was not all that far away in what is now Wyoming.

Because of these factors, I am excited to see what happens with the Comanche 'ghost' investigation. Really want to hear his responses to questions relative to time.

The 'ghost' investigation isn't really independent - however - is part of on-going research that started after participating in an archaeological project in the Mojave Desert in the late 1970's and early 1980's.

Articles and books are still available through the San Bernardino County Museum in California written by us about our project and findings. The lead Archaeologist was a man named, Wilson G.Turner.

The goal of that project was to locate and record as many petroglyphs as possible - before the inscriptions were lost foerver due to the environment and vandals. At the time, we were instructed NOT to try and figure out what the inscriptions meant. To do so, might impede accurate recording of the inscriptions as they were transferred from film to drawings.

However, I can't help but wonder what the inscriptions DO mean ? In asking that question, have opened a can of worms.

In the course this particular Comanche 'ghost' investigation, if questions regarding time and ghosts are addressed - bonus !

Kindest Regards,

Kerr

I see- a portable Stonehenge then! ;)

Ah, building a Newtonian reflector isn't so difficult. Grinding the mirror is a painstaking job - I had that done externally, it would take me a year, and then it wouldn't be as good as having one made by a pro.
It is a simple skeleton frame system, with a simple dobsonian portable mount, or a fixed equatorial mount in my garden.
The bought in 4 inch refractor I only bought last winter. Made by Celestron, it is nearly as good as the Reflector- and only cost about 250 UK pounds! It is a lovely scope! Costco knock them out very cheaply.
Celestron NexStar 102 GT Computerized Telescope - Telescopes [item # 22093]

There only weakness is the tripod isn't big enough, and a little flimsy. No problem if you ditch it, and use an old Army tripod though.

Deep sky photography is really difficult- there is some great info. here
Amateur Astrophotography
Ray Shore's Astronomy and Astrophotography Site
http://www.astronomy-images.com/Articles/Astrophotography_for_beginners.htm

I am learning how to take Astro shots too! all new to me. The CCD camera's are really good for planetary stuff though.
Cheers,
Dave

I see- a portable Stonehenge then

Stickhenge ? But...yes. :)

building a Newtonian reflector isn't so difficult.

It is if one has never done it, nor has the proper equipment to make one.

Celestron...

Very nice !

My telescope is a Meade TeleStar NGC-60. Not really sure what the refractor size is; looked at the spec sheet and all it says is that it has a "Achromatic Refractor". Came with 2 eye-pieces, 25 mm and a 9 mm. The tripod seems to be sturdy enough.

There is a Photography Club in town, just haven't taken the time to attend any meetings. From what I understand, there are a few members that are into deep-sky photography.

My camera, is a Pentax *istDL, and can attach the 300x lens on it. The remote switch helps a lot. Prevents any movement of the camera as the images are being taken.

It is an older camera with only 6 mega's. Don't know if you saw the photograph of Venus I posted upstairs in Valeri's Thread. That image was taken spur-of the moment.

Awhile back, I was able to photograph the galaxy NGC-600, although the resolution is poor, was still a pleasant surprise to see it.

Thank-you for the links, will definitely add those to my favorites list to read through. Not sure what the LM is where I live - I do live out in the countryside, and light pollution is "not" a problem. Humidity is, coming off the Gulf, puts a lot of moisture in the atmosphere.

Expecting the remainder of the equipment for the temporanormal investigation today ! Getting excited about that - found an old school house with cemetery to try out some of the equipment.

http://www.co.kerr.tx.us/historical/pdf/Turtle%20Creek%20School%20&%20Cemetery%20-%20marker%20fact%20sheet.pdf

In thinking about the 'haunting', realised that even if there is a ghost of a Comanche, still doesn't provide any information relative to 'time', other than the possibility that the Comanche "believes" that he is still amongst the living. This still would mean that he is progressing in linear time, no matter what 'he' believes.

Seems that questions should be asked, assuming that the Comanche is responsive during EVP sessions, regarding the future to determine if the ghost is outside of our linear time.

Any suggested questions that anyone would like me to ask - taking into consideration how he perceives his existence ?

Hello Kerr

Most of the time ghosts are in fact the lingering psychic emissions of the actual person which is no longer there. So in fact the ghost is a lingering false personality which needs energy to continue. This energy is derived from contact with the living and most of the time emotional outputs from such people. In this case, the Comanche might not be aware of the passage of time because he is a very intelligent recording of what his persona really was. Most possibly it still thinks time hasn't elapsed at all. One interesting things would be to measure up its energy state now and every time you register it. Just to see how the energy readings are holding up.

Still working on the what we talked about.

Hello Transient001 !

Although I feel that there are different types of hauntings, this particular case, would tend to agree with you. Nothing has really come out of any of the previous investigations that someone didn't already have in mind. The responses simply could be reflections of perceptions from the people 'it' is using for energy.

The name "Red Feather" could potentially have an entirely different context, and would change everything. Something that has been researched and needs to be taken into consideration.

My main interest in this investigation are the energy dynamics, not necessarily of and about the ghost itself. Although, if it is responsive, any interactions will be interesting as far as what is said. I would like to see if "it" can answer questions pertaining to different periods of time- then, now and perhaps in the future.

Giving careful consideration to what to ask - any suggestions or questions anyone wants me to ask this ghost - please post them in the thread or in a PM before the investigation begins.

As I prepare the equipment for the investigation, taking readings, and learning the personalities of, and am preparing the questions to ask the Comanche, have had some interesting developments. Crossed paths with a man during the week, turns out he is a descendent of the Comanches that stayed in this area of the Texas Hill Country . (Beyond coincidence ?)

He ,a Comanche, interested and participating in this investigation - should really make things exciting.

Need to practice a bit more with the full spectrum camera. Plan on practicing with the camera at the old school house and cemetery. Need to contact the local historical society to get permission to be on the property at night. Will be doing that on Monday.

Had quite a bit of fun with some of the equipment during a thunderstorm the other night. Was able to detect and monitor the electrical and magnetic pulses of the lightening. :)

Hi Kerr,
Please ask him one (or more preferably) question(s) relating to Love.

Is he in love?, was he in love?- does he still feel love?
Does he know what it is? (Surely even warriors feel Love?)
I know this may at first come across as daft- but, it isn't!
It may be the simple key- and the answer to all of your questions.
I feel this is very important in determining lots of things.
Regards, Dave

Hello Dave!
WoW, good questions ! Dont think they are daft at all.

Added those to the list, and will let you know when they will be asked, and what the responses are to those questions.
Seems that the investigation will take place towards the end of this month. Still have some details to work out.

I would definitely would love to be there....I love a good haunting.

Sometimes spirits get lost, maybe he is trying to find his way or trying to get somewhere. Also, he might be trying to find a something he buried along time ago. Or as Daver points out, maybe he is looking for his wife, lover or some other family member. Could you please ask him if he feels afraid or fear, or maybe something is stalking him. Let us know and may the Light of the Almighty surrounds you!

Also, you might declare this ancient magical words, remember knowing that the Almighty Light of the Everlasting IHVH is with you.

Sumedarion-a magical shroud of light it protects against evil.
Aegis Deux-a barrier against evil spirits and lower beings.
Vorago Scuticas-a protection against spirit of the dead and ghosts.

God Bless!!!

I would definitely would love to be there....I love a good haunting.

Sometimes spirits get lost, maybe he is trying to find his way or trying to get somewhere. Also, he might be trying to find a something he buried along time ago. Or as Daver points out, maybe he is looking for his wife, lover or some other family member. Could you please ask him if he feels afraid or fear, or maybe something is stalking him. Let us know and may the Light of the Almighty surrounds you!

Also, you might declare this ancient magical words, remember knowing that the Almighty Light of the Everlasting IHVH is with you.

Sumedarion-a magical shroud of light it protects against evil.
Aegis Deux-a barrier against evil spirits and lower beings.
Vorago Scuticas-a protection against spirit of the dead and ghosts.

God Bless!!!

Thank-you for the blessings and the questions. Also good questions, Transient001. Added those to the list as well.

He said what he is looking for --- his shield (made of leather and bone).

thmagdeluxe50-1.jpg
- Metered Pulse Rate​
- Variable 1 to 1500 Pulses per Second​
- Up to 1K gauss
- Variable coils

Waiting on this item to be shipped.​

Back