We need money to build time machine

ProfessorFaustus

Chrono Cadet
I have good news and I have bad news.

The good news is. After careful reading, re-reading, correcting a few errors and having successfully passed a final peer review from other physicists, the plans of time machine are, in principle, available to be constructed.

Some of the details are the published papers
Frank Tipler’s http://www.utas.edu.au/docs/humsoc/philosophy/Time_Travel/lectures.htm

I have not included the third essential published paper which demonstrates how to actually build a time machine, because, well, I do not want some one else to steal my thunder. All I shall disclose is that given the success of three independent repeated experiments show that the theory is valid and applicable in the real world. The next step is to conduct the experiment on a macroscopic scale to test if an object the size of an passenger aeroplane or United States aircraft carrier can travel through and emerge safely in the other time.

Given three published papers, only two of which I cite and the third one I save until I am prepared to disclosed the source, there is ample evidence of theoretical blueprints for the construction of an actual working time machine. All tests that have been conducted thus far were on the small scale. What is necessary is to test it on a macroscopic scale.
In other words, we tested a theory of time travel on the small scale. The experiments worked. We now need money to test it out on the human scale for practical usage.

The bad news is: to build the time machine will require money. Lots of money. Well, at least more money then I can ever hope to have at one time. I cannot go through the government e.g. the NSF grant because then I would need to reveal what we are doing and the government would either seize our research and deny us access once completed or not sponsor it at all leaving the project dead in the water.

So I am asking those out there who are fellow time travel enthusiast about methods of secure private funding to construct our time machine.
The bottomline? We are looking at the amount close to $100K USD. We are not going to get an aircraft carrier so we have discounted that already. We hope to obtain a dis-used 747 airplane for the experiment. That does not mean we are going to allow you or anyone else to ride abroad the airplane while we test the time machine. First go, we shall fill the plane with various animals, biological specimens, and electronic measuring devices to test long before we shall allow human test subjects to make an attempt.

If any one has any suggestions or can offer up some financial assistance, please, contact us at the working email address of [email protected]

$100 USD, Seems a little low to get a plane. I don't know where you're from, but $100 is not hard to get. Work 2 days at a job that pays $6.50 and hour for 8 hours a day and you're set.

That does not mean we are going to allow you or anyone else to ride abroad the airplane while we test the time machine. First go, we shall fill the plane with various animals, biological specimens, and electronic measuring devices to test long before we shall allow human test subjects to make an attempt.

So who will be flying the airplane?

I'd advise anyone to think (at least) twice before donating money to a project like this.

Best of luck to ya' skippy /ttiforum/images/graemlins/yum.gif. I have read it, again and again and I honestly think you're destined to fail... thus, you will not be receiving a dime from me.... but I do wish you luck as you persue our mutual passion of time travel.

Regards,

1stBorn

"So I am asking those out there who are fellow time travel enthusiast about methods of secure private funding to construct our time machine."

For a professor, allegedly from UCLA, I am suprised you do not know the most common method to secure private funding. It starts with creating a business plan so potential investors can assess their Return On Investment (ROI). You will get absolutely nowhere without it. Good luck.

For a professor, allegedly from UCLA. . .

I am no professor, yet. ProfessorFaustus is merely my email address and screen name. I am a grad student at UCLA. I am working with others in another department and university seeing to that project gets underway. We are all grad students and one, I would have to admit, pretty smart undergrad in our group. I am the contact person. Since no one else wants to bother with writing and reading potentially tons of email.

What we are doing is not officially approved by either of our departments or respective schools.
We are still doing things on the "downlow" as they say.

So, having not the professorial title and connexions, we are left to our own schemes to continue and fund our project.

If you can offer any practical solutions, we are more than welcome your suggestions.

So who will be flying the airplane?

I'd advise anyone to think (at least) twice before donating money to a
project like this.

What actually will happend is we shall auto-pilot the plane on the ground. No flying will be involved albeit that a member of our team is a licensed private pilot. He can fly small crafts and has done so for a short while before he returned to university and started grad school. He has been flying since he was a teen.

No, our experiment involves no actual flying. We just need that size transportation as a large human scaled object to test if our theory will hold on the macroscopic level. We just plan to taxi the plane down a half a mile and . . . (I can not describe any more without potentially giving away too much detail that we which to remain secret.)

"We just need that size transportation as a large human scaled object to test if our theory will hold on the macroscopic level."

If this is true, then why does it need to be an airplane? Why not just a large truck? There is a potential to save a lot of money if the test article is not required to become airborne.

SO you plan to taxi the plane down half-a mile...

Don't you guys SEE?

He needs to reach 88 M.P.H. so that the flux capacitor will function propery.

Come on guys, can't you read?!?

jumpin jiggawats batman, this guys out of his mind.

A $1,000,000 check with your name on it is in the mail... it should arrive in 100.354 years from today at the ups in downtown brooklyn, ny... now you just have to prove that your technology works and travel into the future to get your check. If you can return to the present day with the check in hand, the money's all yours.

good luck scooter,

1stBorn

The ultimate desire is to test whether or not an aircraft carrier can pass through but we must confine ourselves to a smaller scale.

True enough a 747 plane is larger than a truck, but a truck cannot be insulted as an airplane is designed to do when flying. In other words, airplane is made air-tight versus a truck which never is.