Would you visit the future?

FuZyOn

Temporal Novice
Personally, I'm really curious about how the technology is going to evolve in the next couple hundred of years. It would be awesome if we are going to be able to live on other planets and develop new ways of living there.

I'm also curious if we're going to be able to get in contact with aliens.

Personally, I'm really curious about how the technology is going to evolve in the next couple hundred of years. It would be awesome if we are going to be able to live on other planets and develop new ways of living there.I'm also curious if we're going to be able to get in contact with aliens.
As far as aliens, I say no doubt. Assuming we haven't already, we are gettin closer all the time.As far as going to the future, no way! For me, it would be a huge mistake. I would go crazy trying to either speed up some of the good things or trying to stop the bad things. Either way I would totally fret over the inevitable... And what is the point in that?

If I were to go to the future, I would want to go to a time in which my life is still not alive. I fear that I would be tempted to see what would have come of me. Therefore, I would visit a time that would be taking place while my children are adults, but yet again I would not want to see them. So in the end, I do not see any point for me to visit the future. I do not see how it would benefit myself or my family. I would not want to spoil my current life by knowing what is to come.

Up too early so I'm trying to swipe this carefully.

If you visit the future, would it still be the same future when it came around chronologically? I mean, is the future a series of results based on a fixed set of decisions. Or is it a series of results based on a bunch of random 0 1 variables so that every look ahead is a toss of the dice. You may travel to the future and see something horrible and inescapable. Come back to the present and warn everybody. Then said event doesn't occur because, ie, a natural disaster, never happed due to some random variable setting off a future different to the one you witnessed. So in the end every jump to a future point, maybe 1 day, maybe 1 millennia, the same point, always yields a different series of results.

tldr :-/ Would you have to peek into a set chosen point in the future multiple times, then looking for overlapping trends based on conflicting data from sheer random variables, just to actually know high probability events in the future (ie a war) vs. low probably (ie an asteroid)?

Need more sleep :-(

I would be very very careful around the person(s) who did have the answers. Unless it was The Doctor. He's just crazy. #doctorwhoisnotlogicalbutitsfuntowatch

K.M. , abc123 R.H. and their says
Depends on what timeline you get into. I do not know about a Titor everything's said to blow up future, but know caution if the watch word.This is why I think that they performed a lot of atomic test in the 50s and 60s in order to determine as to how certain amounts of radiation would effect people along with determining recovery rates.
If say your visit is right after a holocaust, then you probably need to be armed.You must also have a secure destination when you go forwards.

Roughly from what I hear, conditions become better, however all that radiation might have changed us.

2700s probably not even though I would get along well with it there being computer controlled.

A very long time after 2700, no because all the gentic engineering that socitial engineers have done, backfires and the next course on the menue is us.No a pretty picture.

Just on a hunch, I'd like to time travel with Raquel on a short into the future jaunt.Maybe for us to judge each other's reactions, maybe to look around?

FuZyon said

Personally, I'm really curious about how the technology is going to evolve in the next couple hundred of years. It would be awesome if we are going to be able to live on other planets and develop new ways of living there.I'm also curious if we're going to be able to get in contact with aliens.
To tell you the truth, it's what you make it, now.If you want to explore space, take out a loan and study astronauts.Now this particular time is real critical if your'e going to gain a space career.I'd go for that.

I seriously don't think i would have the guts to visit the future, i would be too afraid of what i may find there. I hope one day we achieve the capability to do so but the task would be for a better man than me. Sometimes too much information is a bad thing and i'm not entirely convinced a visit to the future would be for the greater good,

The only way i would consider such a trip would be if we could set certain parameters for the visit, such as it just being an observational visit, we would not be involved in influencing anything in the future and we would not find out any information that would be harmful to ourselves or others. Under those conditions i may consider it, otherwise i feel it would be just too frightening. Such an idea throws up all kinds of moral and ethical dilemmas and i question whether i would like to be a part of it.

On the ne hand. I want to visit the future. I want to see what ultimately is mankinds destiny, or what we can achieve. I want to see what the choices of today will do to the tomorrow that I might not live to see in 100, 200, or even 300 years.

But, at the same time. I have a lot of obligations here in the now. I'm getting a business up and running, I'm still in college, I have family and friends who enjoy having me around. I can't just leave as it would devastate them.

@Wiseman, I like your style.

I also want to see the future of the mankind. According to me the question is not about the "mankinds destiny, or what we can achieve", but about the mankind's destiny and what we will achieve, because the future of the mankind will be bright, thanks to the scientific and technological progress.

You, just like me some time ago (and now still) have a lot of obligations here in the preasent.

May I try to be an oracle? When you finish your collage, you will still have obligations, such as holding your business, growing your kids, etc.

I think, that I know the best way to time travel to the future for you.

Just thinking out loud. I'm not interested in seeing myself in the future. I'm interested in seeing the far future because I love technology and it would be awesome to see what developed. While I was there, I'd look into the history of our technology and see how Apple products, cars, etc. progressed, for example. I envy my children because they get to experience so much more than I will be able to.

I probably wouldn't visit the future. I see no point in living in the present and making decisions when you already know what's going to happen to you in the future. There's no excitement. Life presents us every day with the most unexpected happenings- some may be good and others bad, but that's the exact point! The future is the only thing that motivates us to do our best in the present. There would basically be no point if we already know our future.

I would consider it, but I would be far less interested in my own future, and more interested in the future of humanity and the world as a whole. And I would prefer being purely an observer. That said, I think I would be far too inclined to worry about what I know is to come, because that’s just how I roll. So I would probably wuss out at the last minute.

The contacts with aliens already exist , why do you think the government of a democratic state such as America keeps hidden their military experiments ? If I were you I would start asking myself two questions . The real problem is not that the aliens but we

The contacts with aliens already exist , why do you think the government of a democratic state such as America keeps hidden their military experiments ? If I were you I would start asking myself two questions . The real problem is not that the aliens but we
Yes, I've also read about how the American government is hiding evidence and how they manipulated the first photos someone made of real aliens.I'm curious to see how this thing with U.F.O's and aliens is going to develop.