Could you love an android adult?

I don't know what I would do in that situation. I guess a part of me would feel duped that it wasn't a human & end it but then again, if all were the same after discovery, I don't know if I could discriminate against it & might continue on having those loving feelings for it.

There are so many things out there now that are very realistic to humans from an eyes view, silicone doll forms.. With fine tuning, there will probably be a day when we won't even be able to detect non humans who walk among us. ( I just caught a clip of the show "Humans" & that should be interesting, haven't watched an episode yet.)

Here is something else to ponder,

Would you be willing to download your consciousness into a non-biological or nanotech body that would also be identical to your physical attributes? All your memories, likes, dislikes, beliefs. Basically preserving a part of you in a way to live on when you die. ( It would also include future consciousness software.) Imagine being able to talk with your great grandmother in real time & not just see her in regular photos. What am amazing thing future generations can explore. It's akin to "Bina48" BINA48 - Wikipedia & on the " Life naut" site, you can store your mind file/bio file there.

I would be open to it...If I recall right, some like Elon Musk are confusing with his views on this topic... Most recent input of his Elon Musk Sees Brain-Computer Systems in Humans' Future & a few older input of his wasn't so keen on it. I mention him because he has a lot connected to futuristic ventures.

Sex isn't love, though.
I'm pretty sure that nature adds just a little introductory class love in sex, so that one partner doesn't do something rude such as bit the face of the one that they're loving.I know that when the animal the Tasmanian Devil mates, that it's bites the Hell out of the other mate.I know that a stallion with bite the back of the neck of the mare it's mating with, but people by and large, should not bite the other person that they're having sex with.This is both sloppy as well as being painful and if it was a robot, one partner might hurt the other, or even kill them.If your were the robot, you would not want to wear duct tape on your head all day to conceal of human bite mark, or if you were human you would not desire to have the robot do something unnatural to you.

If feel that considerably away in time, that robots with attain a more sophisticated development, standing.This means better consideration, for humans as well as the same being expect from a human.

@_Oz

I tend to think of consciousness more as software(like Windows 10) on wetware (brain) with a signature stamp (DNA)If we don't already have self-aware computers they'll surely come shortly after the mainstream quantum computers.
What do those AI want & what will they do? That depends on who raises them. I always err on the side of hope :)

-Oz
So, if androids can be self aware, then people could fall in love with them.

I read or saw a video about the fact that humans want to mate with androids. (Not meaning to offend. We all know about the sex robots being developed). Is it because they are perfect? Do our instincts tell us that androids mean the human race can survive, even if it is in robot form? (Heck, would they even be called humans at that point)? Of course, we cannot reproduce with them, but our biology doesn't seem to care. The mating instinct is strong in mammals.

Last edited by a moderator:
@_Oz
So, if androids can be self aware, then people could fall in love with them.

I read or saw a video about the fact that humans want to mate with androids. (Not meaning to offend. We all know about the sex robots being developed). Is it because they are perfect? Do our instincts tell us that androids mean the human race can survive, even if it is in robot form? (Heck, would they even be called humans at that point)? Of course, we cannot reproduce with them, but our biology doesn't seem to care. The mating instinct is strong in mammals.
Perhaps closer than we are, but they are far from perfect. That's one of the beauties of intelligence.

I'm all for future children integrating with AI so long as they understand what it comes with.

-Oz

Paula' I've taken extra special care, as I don't know who you are.You may actually be in the market for an android or synthetic lover.
lol. How did I miss this? ? I’m married. Just because I am pondering doesn’t mean it is what I want. Good grief.

Androids need to have a realistic human appearance that is indistinguishable from humans, in order for us to accept them as equal mates. Robots that almost look human but seem to be off kilter in some way, incite a creepy feeling referred to as the uncanny valley...

Androids also need to be as smart as us and develop their own unique personality in order to engender love from humans. It becomes a matter of scale. They need to shrink all of the computational infrastructure required for robotic intelligence down to the size required for all the neural connections of a human brain. Then they need to make a reasonable facsimile of human appearance that will eventually be indistinguishable from real human appearance...

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/...ompany-is-making-eerily-hyper-realistic-masks[/URL]https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20190130-a-japanese-company-is-making-eerily-hyper-realistic-masks

View attachment 149

View attachment 150

headz.PNG.152f9f3f5c1b9595cdd05327dcb5f7aa.webp

robots1.png.c63b2a123e547f11e4e7acd083e29718.webp

las, post: 95349, member: 2506"]
An android you say? Well, I love my Kindle. I don't know what I would do to an Android... :love: :devilish: :love:
Well, a few years ago Creedo stated that I wanted one because I'm talking about it. Sheesh. I talk about the devil, but it doesn't mean I want to deal with him!

The topic fascinates me. Could I have a manufactured best friend? If our consciousness and subconsciousness doesn't know the difference, these androids could prove to be very therapeutic.

This topic reminds me of the awesome movie “Her” by Spike Jonze. A man falls in love with his AI operating system and the relationship unfolds in beautiful ways. The mental aspect being the significance in connection, even though the physical part requires more creativity. Does something like that seem plausible? I think yes. Thought provoking subject...

Well, a few years ago Creedo stated that I wanted one because I'm talking about it. Sheesh. I talk about the devil, but it doesn't mean I want to deal with him!
The topic fascinates me. Could I have a manufactured best friend? If our consciousness and subconsciousness doesn't know the difference, these androids could prove to be very therapeutic.
What I was trying to say is that I would easily fall in love with an android. I love a much less complicated device already!

Your iPhone? Just kidding!!!!
Hehe, you know, I used to use iPhone until I got tired of how expensive and disposable they were. I then got a Samsung and never looked back, been happier ever since, my wallet and I!

But yeah, no, I was talking about my Kindle! I love it so much ??