Could you love an android child?

The T800 (Arnold S) gets lowered into the molten metal so to destroy the last trace of Skynet technology. John is crying because the Terminator was his friend and protector.

Then T3 came out and adult John Connor was a loser and the T800 was seeking reelection in Cal-e-for-ne-a, and Skynet was actually the internet and not a machine at all :-(

If you spend enough time interacting with something that looks and acts human, even if it is an android, I'm pretty sure we as humans would morn if they were destroyed.
We certainly do for pets!

The T800 (Arnold S) gets lowered into the molten metal so to destroy the last trace of Skynet technology. John is crying because the Terminator was his friend and protector.Then T3 came out and adult John Connor was a loser and the T800 was seeking reelection in Cal-e-for-ne-a, and Skynet was actually the internet and not a machine at all :-(
Lol, no bitterness there. ;) Chin up, the newest installment looks promising!

Yes, maybe the human kind does not deserve to live. It is crammed with cretenoid degradates, that too dumb to identify the threats of their specie's extinction. Trying to open their eyes is payed off with differen bad consequences for you, for example being banned for one week. As I told you previously, each idiot deserves his faith. Develop the fake children, make them better than the biological ones, spread them all over the world, and happily destroy your genetic life line. I don't have reasons and answers, that to be accepted by the people in this forum. Actually the topic starts to make me angry. I am out of this topic. Bye!
I respect your decision to prevent emotions getting the best of you, and for knowing yourself well enough to do so. Until that possible day of android rule comes, you will be the voice of one crying out in the wilderness, as Isiah put it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking back to the episode of Star Trek where Tasha Yar discovers Data is fully functional in a fundamental way.
Yes, my understanding is that the Japanese have or are working on such robots. You know a large population of men love their cars, so what is the difference?

Of course I could love an android child. I believe there's really not much difference except that he's - well - a robot. But if the child is like any other, has the capacity to laugh and play and carries with him the innocence of a child, then why not?

Cars with female parts… whoo boy, I can think of a few people I know who would enjoy those, and probably get themselves into trouble ;)

As far as an android child goes, I’m not terribly fond of kids to begin with, but I don’t think it would be too far removed from loving a human child. As others have said, we do have the capacity to love things other than humans, and in fact I’d say my maternal instinct is directed more toward cats than humans. So sure, I could in theory.

Haven't seen the entire show this is based on, but if the kid showed human emotion and quartiles that could be cared for, then yes I would come to love him as my own. Much like Astro kid or megaman.

Of course I could love an android child. I believe there's really not much difference except that he's - well - a robot. But if the child is like any other, has the capacity to laugh and play and carries with him the innocence of a child, then why not?
Same with me. What gives us the right to determine what is aware and alive and what is not? We don't know at what point self awareness comes about. Besides, people do love things that are not self aware, like Flowers, food, cars, etc.

Same with me. What gives us the right to determine what is aware and alive and what is not? We don't know at what point self awareness comes about. Besides, people do love things that are not self aware, like Flowers, food, cars, etc.
Interesting thought, Paula. What are the ethics of deciding sentience? Where do we draw the line? Is a Venus Flytrap sentient? Then again, what difference does it make if we do make a judgement? Perhaps it plays into the rights of the "being". Wasn't this a theme in Battlestar Galactica? Never watched too much of it. I know it is a big theme in the new fembot movie that's out now.

Interesting thought, Paula. What are the ethics of deciding sentience? Where do we draw the line? Is a Venus Flytrap sentient? Then again, what difference does it make if we do make a judgement? Perhaps it plays into the rights of the "being". Wasn't this a theme in Battlestar Galactica? Never watched too much of it. I know it is a big theme in the new fembot movie that's out now.
It's definitely complicated. I never watched Battlestar Galactica, either. o_O

It's definitely complicated. I never watched Battlestar Galactica, either.
Battlestar is about a modern society that develops robots, but never takes the time to put safeguards in place so that these bot do not take over and hurt people.They do and this is what the storyline revolves around, human beings against bots.
The Cylons however, are only baseline bio-android clones, with it seems weird development along with little social conscious about the proper regard for mankind who created them.

There are in reality said clones and bio-androids.A bio-android can be made with a synthetic gene set to it, become self aware, however both the placement and situation of a soul,"if they have one", remains to be seen.

Any series of biological combinations held in an artificial lifeform can become sentient or alive., that is if the right supporting circumstances are available.But know and understand there may be terminal values that the organism places to its own design, say if this org. realizes that both its creation is wrong and secondly that it would rather not live.

A brethren, companion and or artificially produced child can fulfill the askings of companionship, but one must determine with respects to psychological values of adjustment, if the process of love can come about.

I know too much about artificial life forms, for some reason to be just comfortable with any combination of traits in the making. And I see this society if catastrophe does not ram it headlong into its own demise, woefully ignorant of just how to handle bio-bots and or any other kind of artificial human-like machine.Hope this helps? Thanks, Pinter