Titor Predictions - Track Record To Date

That worldline might diverge two percent, but the overall structure of that timeline, will not have changed that much.What might change, is the mechanics of that timeline, not necessarily its overall mass.

Some objects might change, such as restaurant signs out of the blue.This is where there had not been the night before and nobody knows how this sign got there, however the time-fild, that this worldline exist on, is not so much changed.
Interesting thought, but how do these 2% quants "know" how to form those complex objects?
No, really! 2% of a "Worldline" can only mean 2% of a given state of ALL quants in a Universe, that can result in anything!

Or let me put it this way: if i change only 2% of the quants in your computer you weren't even able to read this! 2% of the universe is a whole bunch o quants! Look around on your table.

Wouldn't all the things surrounding us change completely if we were able to change even only 0.2% of their quantum state?

oh maybe i am talking already nonsense. ;)

Seriously, 2% of what? "Certain historic events and the position of certain pysical objects" or "All possible quantum states"? I think John trapped himself with this.

'Seriously, 2% of what? "Certain historic events and the position of certain pysical objects" or "All possible quantum states"? I think John trapped himself with this.'
You seem to take that 2% very seriously in his story but I don't see it as a big flaw in the story. Of course he wasn't specific, but that doesn't mean it is a flaw because even the experts in 2036 aren't fully clear with the Superverse concept. Titor knows only what he was 'taught' by 'them'. They use TT to fix problems and that's what it is used for. They wouldn't worry much abut 'how' it is done, if it 'can' be done with the use of singularities.

The farther away from the center of the cone, the more differences you will see in the world line. The C204 begins to "break away" at about 60 years. This means the level of confidence drops rapidly after 60 years of travel and the world line divergence increases. In other words, if I wanted to go back 2000 years and meet Christ, there is a better than average chance I would end up on a world line where he was never born. The computer units and gravity sensors "record" your trip and you are quite easily able to return to your point of origin. I am aware that research is being done on faster units with more accurate clocks. I imagine that they will be able to go back farther with a higher degree of divergence confidence.
As far as I know, the 2% divergence is a constant for 60 years of travel. For 100 years it could be 10% or so and it increases depending upon the Time Machine and the period of travel. Its just a concept of measurement, as far as I know.

Unfortunately, your worldline is already 2% different from mine, and there's no way to give you absolute facts about future events.
This sounds like a perfect excuse!
Yes i am sorry, these 2% and some other "facts" really bother me.

Its important to me how he could tell the difference between worldlines, because its a cruical point when it comes to getting back home. Nobody would jump blind into worldlines if he/she would not know EXACTLY how and why being able to get back. At least i would not!

Ok, he also said the machine *records* the travel. WHAT is recorded? quatum states? stored where? holographic? i can only guess how many numbers that will be to calculate on.

And dont tell me *they* didnt know what to record but somehow did it!

Right now i see holes in this story that a black hole of the size of Andromeda would fit in.

But thats just my point of view.

I sure KNEW what he meant. What problem do YOU have with that?
The problem I have is that you cannot explain it (the 2%) in any scientific, quantifiable manner. Neither could Titor. Ergo, since you cannot explain it in a manner that can be verified, I'd have to say you DO NOT know what he meant.

Whenever anyone talks about Titor, you seem to rise up to the occasion with anger.
Only when people talk about Titor in a specific way: In a manner that tries to pretend as if his story is scientifically viable, and in a manner that attempts to validate his story in these ways. This is how urban legends continue to snowball. And this unban legend, because of the gloom and doom he predicts for not only America but the world, can be dangerous for people who cannot discriminate entertainment from reality. It's the kind of urban legend that can lead to things like Heaven's Gate suicides. KnowhatImean Verne? ;)

I don't think he is a BIG criminal if he was entertaining people for FREE with science concepts.
That all depends on how people try to distort, extend, or interpret his words and his story. You could make the same argument that it is "entertaining" to yell "fire" in a crowded theater because you could get a kick out of everyone scrambling and trampling all over each other. But at the end of the day, if people are injured or lose their life because of that kind of "entertainment" then it most certainly is a crime. There ARE people who take Titor very seriously, and not as entertainment. Some of these people may honestly be terrified of the things he has predicted...which contrary to the "list" the CigMan keeps, his predictions are VERY weak.If someone takes someone else's life in the name of Titor, that is all the evidence I would ever need to be angry about how people distort this "entertainment".
RMT

You seem to take that 2% very seriously in his story but I don't see it as a big flaw in the story. Of course he wasn't specific, but that doesn't mean it is a flaw because even the experts in 2036 aren't fully clear with the Superverse concept. Titor knows only what he was 'taught' by 'them'.
Sorry dude, it's a flaw, and a big one. Since you seem to position yourself as knowing something of science, I am amazed that you cannot see and understand the flaw behind not being able to specify the reference measurement upon which the 2% is based. Any "expert" in 2036 who was able to come up with a number like 2% would, by the very nature of percentage measures, HAVE to understand the measurement that the 2% is based upon. Furthermore, it is absolutely useless to tell/teach someone about a percentage measurement unless you can tell them what reference measurement it is based upon.Let me give you an example. A lot of people do NOT know what the "2%" means with respect to 2% milk. Do you? And even if you do know it is 2% milkfat with respect to the milkfat content in whole milk, would you EVER know what that 2% was unless someone had defined it as being 2% of the milkfat of whole milk (i.e. the milk as it comes out of a cow)?
In fact, now that I use this example, I am more convinced than ever that the person behind The John Titor Experiment was looking at a milk carton when they answered the question with this 2% nonsense! :)

As far as I know, the 2% divergence is a constant for 60 years of travel. For 100 years it could be 10% or so and it increases depending upon the Time Machine and the period of travel. Its just a concept of measurement, as far as I know.
And I will continue to hound you on this "concept of measurement" until you explain what its reference measurement is. Hello! McFly! Anyone home? :) If you are as interested in science as you seem to project in your posts, then this flaw in his story should bother you. If it doesn't bother you, then you are not being scientific at all in your analysis of Titor's story.RMT

S.O. says my concept is interesting.This is good.

If I were to attach a large fast food restaurant sign, to the top of S.O.s auto, wonder what he would say.

Hi Ray! )Smile) how are you?

need a happy pill. Creedo shoots one into his mouth and now, miraculously Ray is a very happy guy.

He sure as Hell doesn't know why, but he's very happy.

Next step, the wardrobe.

Yes tucks, top hat, cane, tie.

Ray cant wait to get on stage, "he does", is singing and dancing.

Creedo is really getting into this, as Ray is singing, {Puttin on my top hat, shining up my shoes.

Creeds looks at where Ray should have a set of trousers on AND they goofed up the script, by giving him ladie's nylon stockings.

He doesn't even know he's up there in ladie's dark pantyhose. Oh me-Gud!

Dan,

You are, once again, breaking your own rules. Need I remind you which ones?

I am not interested in making fun of you Dan, because I think you have some issues, and that is not funny. But your constant jabs and insults aimed at me are really getting tiring. Could yok please either stay on topic, or stay silent?

RMT

'Sorry dude, it's a flaw, and a big one. Since you seem to position yourself as knowing something of science, I am amazed that you cannot see and understand the flaw behind not being able to specify the reference measurement upon which the 2% is based.'
Position myself as knowing something of science? Where did I make that remark? I said I knew of Titor's science of TT. Another thing is I know NOTHING about YOUR science (there's a difference):
TPM of MST = (Triplex Physical Matrix) of (Massive SpaceTime)

Titor wrote:I have been communicating online with others who are interested in time travel.
I am a guy interested in TT so I read his posts and got the concepts. I am NOT saying it is REAL. I never knew there would be a lot of dangerous 'side-effects' of Titor.
Oh that 2% divergent! Yes if I imagine myself as a TT appointed for a mission. I am given training on that science. I am not the one who invented it. Someone who invented it used Singularities to travel through time and uses gravity locks, does the research and finds out what happens and says the farther you travel, above 60 years, the less accurate the travel and so and so…. I listen to it and talk with people what I am taught.

I feel a little worried that you take the Titor stuff SO seriously. May be the government should impose a BAN on the Titor's postings.

If you are as interested in science as you seem to project in your posts, then this flaw in his story should bother you. If it doesn't bother you, then you are not being scientific at all in your analysis of Titor's story.
Again, MISTAKE! Not SCIENCE! SCIENCE OF TIME TRAVELLING USING SINGULARITIES! There is another SCIENCE dealing with 'faster than light' method of Time Travel.

Position myself as knowing something of science? Where did I make that remark?
Fair enough, my bad. However, you do seem to take a tone of attempting to validate much of Titor's words as scientifically plausible.

Another thing is I know NOTHING about YOUR science (there's a difference):TPM of MST = (Triplex Physical Matrix) of (Massive SpaceTime)
There's plenty of explanation in this forum that I have provided if you are truly interested. Contrary to Titor's "science" mine is an extension of existing science and tensor mathematics. Extensions of previous (limited) theories are in the best tradition of historical developments. For a quick-n-dirty explanation of my extensions: Current science describes Space and spatially-derived quantities (i.e. velocity, acceleration) as being vector quantities, but treat Mass and Time as scalar quantities. My theory simply extends vector concepts to both Mass and Time, thereby creating a 3x3 tensor matrix of integrated physical measures.

I never knew there would be a lot of dangerous 'side-effects' of Titor.(snip)

I feel a little worried that you take the Titor stuff SO seriously. May be the government should impose a BAN on the Titor's postings.
Let me give you a prime example: Do you know the history of the original radio broadcasts of "War of the Worlds" by Orson Wells? Do you know the kind of panic that resulted? It is NOT about banning free speech. It is about being responsible with "entertainment" such that the line between it and reality are not so blurred as to cause panic (from which bad things can and do happen). People who act as if they are scientifically validating Titor's story are being irresponsible with entertainment. Other people who, through no fault of their own other than being ignorant, can be affected by such irresponsibility. This is why I will challenge such posts as yours... to make sure there is a counter-voice that ensures people who are more gullible that The John Titor Experiment is not based in fact. I am not attacking you personally, I am simply tempering your posts with reality, sanity, and SCIENCE. ;)

Again, MISTAKE! Not SCIENCE! SCIENCE OF TIME TRAVELLING USING SINGULARITIES! There is another SCIENCE dealing with 'faster than light' method of Time Travel.
And yet you still ignore, and cannot scientifically explain the 2% BS. The more you ignore it, and the more I point it out as a major flaw, the more people can see that there is scant scientific validity in much of what the Titor story claims as truth.RMT

And a PS is in order:

SCIENCE OF TIME TRAVELLING USING SINGULARITIES!
It is inappropriate to label this as "science" for it has not been scientifically validated that it is even possible. There are THEORIES of how one MIGHT time travel using singularities, but it has not been proven nor falsified. Just like my Massive SpaceTime: It is a THEORY which is based on existing science, but it is not yet science in and of itself.Just a clarification there,
RMT

If I were to attach a large fast food restaurant sign, to the top of S.O.s auto, wonder what he would say.
It depends on the picture but most likely i would saythank god its not my car.

2 mistakes here

1. Asuming that i have a car, which is not true.

2. Asuming it would be my car you are talking about, which is impossible, see 1.

Further questions:

How large is that fast food restaurant sign?

What tools you used to attach it?

Was somebody else involved?

In wich condition is the sign?

Whats the color of the sign?

Whats the shape of the sign?

Whats the name of the restaurant?

Is the sign emitting light?

Wheres the power coming from?

Whats the type of car?

Whats the color of the car?

In wich condition is the car?

Can you send me a picture of the event taken place?

Do you have the manual of the car?

Any other evidence that this really happend?

You maybe see that your post created more questions than it answered.

I'm sorry Ray, you need to laugh at yourself as well as let others laugh at you, as in a few of the past post, you have been frightening.

Further questions:

How large is that fast food restaurant sign? Ans,_Thirty foot long, steel and plastic construction with lights.

What tools you used to attach it? ans> An overhead crane and nylon straps.

Was somebody else involved? ans> I did not do this the nature of time and space did this all by itself.

In wich condition is the sign? ans> The sign just appeared there one day.(Is wich like the word which)?

Whats the color of the sign? >I don't know?

Whats the shape of the sign?>Big and square, up on a metal pedistol

Whats the name of the restaurant? >Might have been

Is the sign emitting light? ans>On your car, not, it's not plugged in.Where it stood, I guess?

Wheres the power coming from? > I think PGE

Whats the type of car? ans> A large car for all that weight, a Caddy?

Whats the color of the car? >Beige

In wich condition is the car?> Spanking brand new, with blonds in there.

Can you send me a picture of the event taken place?> Please consult Rainman time and Ray can be reached at LAX and he might be on one of the secret hangars?

Do you have the manual of the car?> No not on me, right now.

Any other evidence that this really happend?>How do we know that in the Wizard Of Ozz, Dorhty was not really suffering from the after.effects, of a date with a guy?

What tools you used to attach it? ans> An overhead crane and nylon straps.Was somebody else involved? ans> I did not do this the nature of time and space did this all by itself.

In wich condition is the sign? ans> The sign just appeared there one day.(Is wich like the word which)?
Hah! Got you on that! In one worldline you used a crane and straps to attach it and in the other worldline you "did not do this the nature of time and space did this all by itself."????
I think YOU are John! That would explain lots of your deep thinking philosophical posts here.

"Is wich like the word which" yes, i apologize for my bad english.

if you find any further mispellings, you can keep them. They will love your company!

Creeds,

I'm sorry Ray, you need to laugh at yourself as well as let others laugh at you, as in a few of the past post, you have been frightening.
"Serious" might be the more appropriate word. And you only seem to focus on those posts where I am serious. I assure you that you can find plenty of posts where I am lighthearted, even poking fun at myself, and allowing others to laugh at me. In fact, you laugh at me quite a bit and usually I don't have a problem with it. But it does get old when you do it as I am trying to be serious about something.Now let's put the shoe on the other foot: How often do you take it too seriously when I am poking fun at you, Creeds? Look in the mirror and I think you might see yourself in a new light. ;)
RMT

OK I dont want to contradict you anymore. You are very much Patriotic and I dont want to argue with you about Time Travel.

There's plenty of explanation in this forum that I have provided if you are truly interested.
No. I am interested in Travelling through Time, not knowing about Time.

It is inappropriate to label this as "science" for it has not been scientifically validated that it is even possible. There are THEORIES of how one MIGHT time travel using singularities, but it has not been proven nor falsified.
Thats what which makes me interested in it. That is a possible way of travelling into the PAST in a multiverse. While travelling "faster than light" or any other method only takes you to the future.

Let me give you a prime example: Do you know the history of the original radio broadcasts of "War of the Worlds" by Orson Wells? Do you know the kind of panic that resulted?
No. Can you tell what is it?
I saw that movie. I am a BIG fan of Tom Cruise.

No. I am interested in Travelling through Time, not knowing about Time.
Therein lies the rub. Wouldn't one need to know about Time before they could figure out how to travel through it? I used to think the same way, but I finally came to the conclusion that our current concepts "about Time" are limited, and therefore incorrect. And that it would take a proper understanding of Time before we could crack the nut of traveling through it.It is my belief that Time is NOT linear, 1-dimensional as we seem to perceive it. Rather, I believe it is 3-dimensional and highly non-linear in its "natural" state. Coming to this understanding is what lead me towards the Merkaba project that myself and OvrLrdLegion are pursuing for Time Travel. Will it work? Who knows! But we are certainly identifying how science is converging on many ideas that were expressed (within a mystical knowledge framework) long ago.

I dont want to argue with you about Time Travel
My perception has been that we were not arguing about Time Travel, but rather about The John Titor Experiment (as I call it). I am ALL FOR discussions of how to ACTUALLY achieve Time Travel. But so much of the discussion on this forum seems to always come back to Titor. And quite frankly, that story has little, if anything, to do with achieving Time Travel in a practical way. As you say, it is entertainment. And I think there has been sufficient scientific analysis and debunking of that story, even if some people still want to hold onto it as true (not implying you here).RMT

SO said> I think YOU are John! That would explain lots of your deep thinking philosophical posts here.

Cree ans; No not me. I think there is a hidden duality that is not given here and I cant go into this.