I am a Time Traveler from 2026.

Ok, Zeshua, how about telling us in advance who's going to win the Super Bowl on Sunday? This shouldn't screw with your rule about maintaining an element of disbelief, because you'll have a 50-50 chance of getting it right anyway. But if you get it wrong, then your preferred "element" of disbelief will get blown into an overwhelming avalanche of disbelief. If you're really from the future this shouldn't be any challenge, but if you're not, then it would be taking a major risk for you.

So how about it? Are you up for the challenge?

- Peter

The Following are all events that will shortly come to pass. In your immediate futures. [...]

- A Pre-emptive strike occurs between two war bound countries in Europe/Asia.
- 2 Federal buildings are completely destroyed.
- A Sudden outbreak of influenza.
- The Patriot Act ends up in court, its powers used to spy on civilians "For their own good"
- A 3rd becomes next.
- A Massive Financial meltdown that puts the Euro as the preferred Global Currency. Repercussions abound to the almighty US Dollar.
- A New form of computer virus programmed by a small team of individuals sweeps the globe within 24 hours.
- The Telluride Occurrence

"A third becomes next"?

Israel just threatened to make Gaza (a third of Palestine) the next holocaust.

See http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080229/ap_on_re_mi_ea/israel_palestinians;_ylt=AmVulJ3olgOrfD0E71_6c46s0NUE

Israel warns of disaster in Gaza

By AMY TEIBEL, Associated Press Writer 15 minutes ago

Israel's deputy defense minister warned of disaster in the Gaza Strip after Palestinian rocket fire grew more ominous Friday with an assault on an Israeli city. Gaza's unbowed Hamas rulers promised to fight on.

Deputy Defense Minister Matan Vilnai told Army Radio that because of the militants' attacks, Israel had "no other choice" but to launch a massive military operation in the Gaza Strip.

"As the rocket fire grows, and the range increases ... they are bringing upon themselves a greater 'shoah' because we will use all our strength in every way we deem appropriate, whether in airstrikes or on the ground," Vilnai said.

The Hebrew word "shoah" most often refers to the Holocaust but Israelis use it to describe all sorts of disasters. A spokesman for Vilnai, Eitan Ginzburg, said the deputy defense minister never intended it as a reference to the Holocaust but used the word "shoah" to denote a disaster.

BIO ALERT - Ricin found in Las Vegas
(CNN) -- Police in Las Vegas, Nevada, are investigating the discovery of what they believe to be ricin at an extended stay hotel Thursday.

Authorities were called to an Extended Stay America hotel after staff found a suspicious substance in one of the rooms.

go to CNN...
--
Best Regards
Zeshua make an experiment that involve post many times the post :Greetings from 2025.

Some of the post dates that show to date were:

02/22/08 01:21 AM locked by TPTB
02/22/07 09:55 AM
02/22/06 01:03 PM
04/11/05 05:50 PM Deleted
04/11/05 05:40 PM Deleted
02/25/05 09:18 AM
02/22/05 11:17 AM
02/22/05 11:16 AM

However in these lanes of communications certain protocols must be observed, so that no violations occur.

That's an interesting statement when you think about it.

Does it mean "[('NO')] violations"? Or "no violations (beyond some threshhold)"?

It interests me because of the implication that, in some experiment at some point, an actual violation happened with some measurable effect. If an effect was noted at that time, could it also have been noted by someone a year later? A century later?

Would there be a difference of magnitude the farther along the time-line that you went? Would someone be irritated eventually? If so, what defense is there from someone in the future?

1.) A Destination time is entered that will not conflict (overlap) with any previous connections made.

How would it be possible to know that someone didn't use that Destination time tomorrow? I mean, sure, I could keep track of my own Destination times. But how could I know what that other guy in the competing group will choose tomorrow?

Either there's a danger or there isn't. (Not great logic, but it'll do.)

Please zeshua tell something that will happen to us in 2008 and even your changes in your timeline would not make this happen. Like a big hurricane, something like that.

On April 14, 2005, Zeshua predicted :

A Massive Financial meltdown that puts the Euro as the preferred Global Currency. Repercussions abound to the almighty US Dollar.

Three years later, in today's Fortune magazine (at http://money.cnn.com/2008/03/28/news/economy/disaster_sloan.fortune/index2.htm), we find the article titled ""On the brink of disaster" by Allan Sloan, senior editor at large, where he writes :

I'm more nervous about the world financial system now than I've ever been in my 40 years of covering business and markets. [This is] the biggest financial mess of my lifetime [...] A leading political economist, Allan Meltzer of Carnegie Mellon, calls it "an unusual situation, but not unprecedented." When was the last time it happened in the U.S.? "In 1929," he says. And it touched off the Great Depression. [...] vital markets that most people never see - the constant borrowing and lending and trading among huge institutions - have been paralyzed by losses, fear, and uncertainty. [...] Giant institutions are, to use the technical term, scared to death. [...] The fear - a justifiable one - is that if one big financial firm fails, it will lead to cascading failures throughout the world. Big firms are so interlinked with one another and with other market players that the failure of one large counterparty, as they're called, can drag down counterparties all over the globe. And if the counterparties fail, it could drag down the counterparties' counterparties, and so on. Meltdown City. [...] Walk by Fed facilities in New York City or Washington, and you can feel the fear emanating from the building. [...] If Bear Stearns had croaked, large parts of the world could have croaked. And the economic damage could have been catastrophic. [...] It's going to get harder and harder to finance our country's trade and federal budget deficits, with our seemingly ever-falling dollar carrying such low interest rates. The dollar has been the world's preeminent reserve currency - but I think those days are drawing to a close. Don't be surprised if in the not distant future the U.S. is forced by its lenders to borrow in currencies other than its own. It could get really ugly.

Tha Virus...

also Zeshua said:

- A New form of computer virus programmed by a small team of individuals sweeps the globe within 24 hours.

then:
quoted---

<font color="red"> ************ UPDATE #2 ***************

I just got hold of my buddy in irc so I could just paste the log, he didn't say much but he did say some more about it.

[3:12] * Joins: dxxxxxxxx ([email protected])
[3:28] * Joins: Rxxxxx ([email protected])
[3:40] &lt;txxx&gt; bleh
[3:40] &lt;txxx&gt; falling asleep need java
[3:43] Rxxxxx slaps txxx
[3:43] &lt;Rxxxxx&gt; heh..
[3:43] * Joins: dxxxxxxx ([email protected])
[3:45] &lt;txxx&gt; ahhh that and a cold shower im good.
[3:45] &lt;txxx&gt; anyone have head meds?
[3:45] &lt;dxxxxxxx&gt; hey
[3:46] &lt;txxx&gt; my heads going to xplode!
[3:47] &lt;dxxxxxxx&gt; nope- but more java on the way, making the rounds now
[3:47] &lt;txxx&gt; good that outta help me some
[3:55] &lt;jxxxxx&gt; Pfft finally showed up eh?
[3:58] &lt;jxxxxx&gt; ???
[3:59] &lt;jxxxxx&gt; are you in a meeting? /ttiforum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
[4:01] &lt;txxx&gt; ??? no. mebbe we're meditating /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif
[4:02] &lt;jxxxxx&gt; hey there you are! So what can you tell me now?
[4:04] &lt;txxx&gt; We got it contained within the kernel functions like a rootkit it sems to stall out if we shut off all the memory functions,, but then the computer is unusable. I keep asking to look at the laptop but they tell us its off limits. 18 versions contained so far but it spits out a new ident as soon as it hacks a new xpliot. They've got all the system guys in a meeting now with the code junkies.
[4:04] &lt;txxx&gt; I dont believe it can be "fixed"
[4:05] &lt;jxxxxx&gt; You can fix anything Txxx, you fixed my laptop when the motherboard shot to [censored]. I just want to know what else you know. Is it really sentient? Does it think?
[4:06] &lt;txxx&gt; we just got called back, think the meeting is ovr. I just think its a very smart virus,
[4:07] &lt;dxxxxxxx&gt; no it don't! it just creates more "work".
[4:07] &lt;txxx&gt; that we should continue to study
[4:09] &lt;txxx&gt; Keep the channel up,hope to pop in on you soon.
[4:09] &lt;jxxxxx&gt; ok I will
[4:10] &lt;txxx&gt; If its smart it aint said nothing to me yet.
[4:10] * Quits: txxx ([email protected]) (Read error: EOF from client)
[4:12] * Quits: dxxxxxxx ([email protected]) (Ping timeout)
[4:13] * Quits: Rxxxxx ([email protected]) (Quit) [/COLOR]

the virus

--
Best Regards

Zeshua wrote:
The Following are all events that will shortly come to pass. In your immediate futures. I will not give dates for these events, and although these may seem rather generic statements I assure you they are founded in reality based on fact. In the small chance that the posting of this information changes the outcome of the events, I see no way in which the events depicted would unfold "That much" differently than in my history.

- A Pre-emptive strike occurs between two war bound countries in Europe/Asia.
- 2 Federal buildings are completely destroyed.
- A Sudden outbreak of influenza.
- The Patriot Act ends up in court, its powers used to spy on civilians "For their own good"
- A 3rd becomes next.
- A Massive Financial meltdown that puts the Euro as the preferred Global Currency. Repercussions abound to the almighty US Dollar.
- The Telluride Occurrence

There is more I wish to say but it cannot be stated in public forums.

From http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/09/26/patriot.act/index.html

Federal judge rules 2 Patriot Act provisions unconstitutional

(CNN) -- A federal court on Wednesday struck down two provisions of the Patriot Act dealing with searches and intelligence gathering, saying they violate the Fourth Amendment protection against unreasonable searches and seizures with regard to criminal prosecutions.

"It is critical that we, as a democratic nation, pay close attention to traditional Fourth Amendment principles," wrote Judge Ann Aiken of the U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon in her 44-page decision. "The Fourth Amendment has served this nation well for 220 years, through many other perils."

The Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court of Review, set up to review wiretap applications in intelligence cases under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, or FISA, "holds that the Constitution need not control the conduct of criminal surveillance in the United States," Aiken wrote.

"In place of the Fourth Amendment, the people are expected to defer to the executive branch and its representation that it will authorize such surveillance only when appropriate."

The government "is asking this court to, in essence, amend the Bill of Rights, by giving it an interpretation that would deprive it of any real meaning. The court declines to do so," Aiken said.

The Justice Department was reviewing the decision, said spokesman Dean Boyd.

The ruling was a response to a lawsuit filed against the federal government by Brandon Mayfield, a Portland, Oregon, attorney who was wrongly arrested for alleged involvement in the 2004 Madrid train bombings.

Spy chief wants eavesdropping law changed
The federal government later apologized to Mayfield and settled part of Mayfield's lawsuit for $2 million. But Mayfield was permitted to keep pursuing the portions of his lawsuit challenging the constitutionality of the Patriot Act.

Mayfield claimed in the suit that his home and law offices were secretly broken into by the FBI, his clients' files at his office were searched, his business and personal computers were secretly copied, his telephone was wiretapped and his home was bugged.

Mayfield said he was "excited and happy" with the ruling.

"This, to me, is not so much personal," he said. "I think it's just the right thing to do. It was the right thing to continue to challenge the constitutionality of the Patriot Act."

"This is an example of the judicial branch doing what it should do, and that's to be a check and balance for the legislative and executive branch of government," he said. "I feel wonderful today, because the Fourth Amendment has been restored to its rightful place, and the balance between liberty and security is balanced again."

Mayfield's attorneys -- Gerry Spence, Elden Rosenthal and Michelle Longer Eder -- lauded the ruling.

"Judge Aiken, in striking down the challenged provisions of the Patriot Act, has upheld both the tradition of judicial independence and our nation's most cherished principle of the right to be secure in one's own home," they said in a written statement. "We are relieved that the Bill of Rights can be honored and preserved even in times of perceived crisis."

Aiken ruled that FISA, as amended by the Patriot Act, permits the government to conduct surveillance and searches targeting Americans without satisfying the probable-cause standard in the Fourth Amendment.

"Prior to the amendments [to FISA], the three branches of government operated with thoughtful and deliberate checks and balances -- a principle upon which our nation was founded," Aiken wrote.

But the Patriot Act, she said, eliminated "the constitutionally required interplay between executive action, judicial decision and Congressional enactment."

"For over 200 years, this nation has adhered to the rule of law -- with unparalleled success. A shift to a nation based on extra-constitutional authority is prohibited, as well as ill-advised," she wrote.

Aiken noted that FISA does not require that the subject of a search be notified, although the Fourth Amendment ordinarily does. In addition, she said, the Fourth Amendment requires particularity -- authorities seeking a search warrant, for example, must list what they are looking for and where they are looking for it.

A Massive Financial meltdown that puts the Euro as the preferred Global Currency. Repercussions abound to the almighty US Dollar.

See http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080706/ap_on_bi_ge/dollar_doldrums;_ylt=A0WTcXONU3FIX7gAQyis0NUE

"THE BUCK DOESN'T STOP HERE; IT JUST KEEPS FALLING

By TOM RAUM, Associated Press WriterSun Jul 6, 9:29 AM ET

Things in the U.S. sure are tough. Brother, can you spare a euro? Signs saying "We accept euros" are cropping up in the windows of some Manhattan retailers. A Belgium company is trying to gobble up St. Louis-based Anheuser-Busch, the nation's largest brewer and iconic Super Bowl advertiser.

The almighty dollar is mighty no more. It has been declining steadily for six years against other major currencies, undercutting its role as the leading international banking currency. The long slide is fanning inflation at home and playing a major role in the run-up of oil and gasoline prices everywhere.

Vacationing Europeans are finding bargains in the U.S., while Americans in Paris and other world capitals are being clobbered by sky-high tabs for hotels, travel and even sidewalk cafes. Northern border-city Americans who once flocked into Canada for shopping deals are staying home; it's the Canadians flocking here now.

Everything made in America — from goods to entire companies — is near dirt cheap to many foreigners. Meanwhile, American consumers, both those who travel and those who stay at home, are seeing big price increases in energy, food and imported goods. The dollar has lost roughly a quarter of its purchasing power against the currencies of major U.S. trading partners from its peak in 2002.

Since oil is bought and sold in dollars worldwide, the devalued dollar has made the recent surge in energy prices even worse for Americans, leading to $4 gasoline in the United States. Analysts suggest that of the $140 a barrel that oil fetches globally, some $25 may be due to the devalued dollar.

Further declines in the dollar will add to oil's appeal as a commodity to be traded.

Oil, suggests influential energy consultant Daniel Yergin, is "the new gold."

The limp greenback has had one big benefit to the U.S. economy: Since it makes American goods cheaper overseas, it has helped manufacturers who export and other U.S. based companies with international reach. Exports have been one of the few bright spots in an otherwise darkening U.S. economy.

Franklin Vargo, vice president of international economic affairs at the National Association of Manufacturers, welcomes the dollar slide, as do members of his organization.

"We can see that, when the dollar's not overpriced, that people around the world want American goods and our exports are going gangbusters now," he said.

He doesn't see the dollar as undervalued. He sees it as having being overpriced in the 1990s — and what's happened since as something along the lines of a correction.

Still, Vargo acknowledges the dollar's decline has brought a measure of pain to some consumers. "As the dollar has gone down in value, that has added to the dollar cost of oil. No question. So having the dollar decline is not unambiguously a plus. That's why we say there's got to be a balance there somewhere. What we want is a Goldilocks dollar. Not too strong, not too weak. But just right. And only the market can determine that," Vargo said.

Mark Zandi, chief economist at Moody's Economy.com, said expanding exports due to a weak dollar are "an important source of growth, but it doesn't add a lot to jobs, it doesn't mean very much for the average American household. For the average American, for the average consumer, these are pretty tough times."

The loss of the dollar's purchasing power and international respect has some experts worrying that the euro might one day replace the dollar as the so-called primary reserve currency. And that could trigger a dollar rout as foreign governments and international investors flee from U.S. Treasury bonds and other dollar-denominated investments."

I am telling ya RMT you got to get Peter to stop cutting and pasting AP reports, bad business.
All peter has to do is find another source for the same info.

Zeshua said:
Certain wireless ethernet connections had recently become available in Feb 2005 at the geographical location of where I am currently located. [...] The key to the success of our tunnel onto the internet at your time is wireless, certain servers in your time have recently gone online to enable this at the location we are at now. Geography on a spinning body does seem to remain relatively constant and thus predictable. This is the furthest back we were able to communicate, and although for us it is currently, well, You won't believe this but its Oct 2025. As I have said, a lot has happened.

In another post she said that she was planning to move back to the USA after college. If she traveled to a new location in which wireless routers existed earlier than 2005, then she would be able to interact with the Internet earlier than 2005 as well. There is no reason for us to assume that she did not do so.

"Power is like a drug", it is often said. If she went away from her 2025-2027 Time-Communication experiments convinced that she had been even somewhat successful in achieving her goals, it seems very likely to me that the lure of going back and attempting even more modifications to the timeline would be too great to resist, if it was possible to do so.

- Peter

Re:The Associated Press: worse than merely foolish

Is Peter Novak jeopardizing the future of TTI?

<font color="red"> Fair use quote for enlightenment [/COLOR]

It’s hard to believe the AP’s recent behavior could be more odious than what’s already been discussed, but on Boing Boing, Cory Doctorow spots further humdingers in their fine print.

First, their licensing system explicitly recruits people to “report piracy”—“you may be eligible for a reward of up to $1 million”! Remember, the Associated Press believes you should have to pay in order to quote as few as five words from their content, so that’s a lot of piracy-reportin’ to be done, junior woodchucks.

Second, their Terms of Use explicitly prohibit you, even if you’ve paid them, from quoting the Associated Press in order to criticize the Associated Press:

You shall not use the Content in any manner or context that will be in any way derogatory to the author, the publication from which the Content came, or any person connected with the creation of the Content or depicted in the Content. You agree not to use the Content in any manner or context that will be in any way derogatory to or damaging to the reputation of Publisher, its licensors, or any person connected with the creation of the Content or referenced in the Content […]

Publisher reserves the right to terminate this Agreement at any time if Publisher or its agents finds Your use of the licensed Content to be offensive and/or damaging to Publisher’s reputation.

In other words, no more criticizing AP reporting, not if you’re foolish enough to pay them money and sign off on their terms.

Obviously, professional media-critic organizations like Media Matters for America are just going to laugh at these demands. But failing some really sustained publicity about this stuff (ideally accompanied by intense personal humiliation for the executives who dreamed it up), the AP will certainly manage to intimidate a certain number of net users who happen to be less affluent and well-connected than A-list bloggers and DC-based watchdog groups. And that’s the whole point, isn’t it?

[Above image: From the AP’s “Copyright Don’ts”. Certainly, don’t think copyright, as currently instantiated, has become a racket by which the powerful bully the weak and bad actors seek to suppress exposure of their misdeeds. Don’t!]

end quoted
to a web page

So please Peter, Be Smart, STOP quoting AP!!! /ttiforum/images/graemlins/devil.gif

In another post she said that she was planning to move back to the USA after college. If she traveled to a new location in which wireless routers existed earlier than 2005, then she would be able to interact with the Internet earlier than 2005 as well. There is no reason for us to assume that she did not do so.

Shallow thinking that is obviously polluted with your confirmation bias, Peter. Yes there is a VERY good reason to assume she did not do so. For if she HAD done so, then we would see her registration date as somewhat earlier than her current registration date of 21 FEB 2005.

"Power is like a drug", it is often said. If she went away from her 2025-2027 Time-Communication experiments convinced that she had been even somewhat successful in achieving her goals, it seems very likely to me that the lure of going back and attempting even more modifications to the timeline would be too great to resist, if it was possible to do so.

If this was so, then Zeshua should be able to easily pass my favorite challenge to would-be TTers who show up on our TT Claims board... namely, she should be able to go back BEFORE any of her earlier posts and insert a new post into the "timestream" (oh how I hate using hoaxer's terms...). I will bet anyone here that she cannot do this...because she is a hoaxer from our time.

RMT