Time Dilation Field Technology - Basic Concept

Do any of the posters trolling this thread have any genuine knowledge about time travel?

Can anyone explain how time travel works?

No?

Didn't think so.

If you only post in a thread just to attack the ideas presented and/or the person presenting those ideas, then you are by definition a TROLL. Such trolls obviously have nothing better to do than to poopoo ideas and have nothing of any substance to offer on the thread subject.

Since the workings of time travel are unknown at this point, speculation is appropriate and all ideas are equally valid and worthy of consideration.

Some of us may be interested in these threads and do not appreciate the constant attempts at derailment. Thank you.

Furthermore, it should be obvious from the thread title alone that the poster is exploring time dilation as a concept, so posting here just to nitpick his/her lack of qualifiers such as might and maybe is ridiculous.

Furthermore, it should be obvious from the thread title alone that the poster is exploring time dilation as a concept, so posting here just to nitpick his/her lack of qualifiers such as might and maybe is ridiculous.

Thanks for the help Mr. Immortalis but there is no need anymore to scold the other participants of this great forum. I have worked out most of the details for building my time machine. There is still a minor problem of the phase differentials regarding the internal bubble of positive time dilation and the danger of atomization of the passengers within it. The last hurdle to overcome. :D

Please, call Me AI. /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Anyways, I must admit to being lost on some of the details but I wish you luck!

Hopefully you will be allowed to continue your explorations of this fascinating subject without further interjections by the Thought Police.

Hopefully you will be allowed to continue your explorations of this fascinating subject without further interjections by the Thought Police.

Busted.

But then again, we know that nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition. French, they expect. But Spanish, never.

RMT

I have worked out most of the details for building my time machine. There is still a minor problem of the phase differentials regarding the internal bubble of positive time dilation and the danger of atomization of the passengers within it. The last hurdle to overcome.

Wow, you can't solve that simple problem? And you call yourself a time dilation expert. Bah.
RMT

Busted.

But then again, we know that nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition. French, they expect. But Spanish, never.

RMT

Even if Mr. Immortalis is mimicking me I can tell you that he is not me. He is not my sock-puppet... If that is what you meant by the word "busted". Mr. Immortalis could be a very sophisticated troller that followed me here from another forum...

Trolls are attracted to me for some stranqe reason /ttiforum/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Wow, you can't solve that simple problem? And you call yourself a time dilation expert. Bah.

Two synchronized particles of spacetime 180 degrees out of phase with each other will blink out of existence. Matter that is experiencing both postive and negative synchrotons of various different phases undergoes destructive interference and will meld into a silly putty like structure, as demonstrated by the Hutcheson effect and Nikola Tesla's experiments.

If you only post in a thread just to attack the ideas presented and/or the person presenting those ideas, then you are by definition a TROLL. Such trolls obviously have nothing better to do than to poopoo ideas and have nothing of any substance to offer on the thread subject.

Hmm....I've lost track of that Crackpot Index, but I'd bet such comments score highly on it.

Some of us may be interested in these threads and do not appreciate the constant attempts at derailment. Thank you.

It would be extremely hard to derail something that was never on the rails in the first place.

Since the workings of time travel are unknown at this point, speculation is appropriate and all ideas are equally valid and worthy of consideration.

That's not true. That's a political statement somewhat reliant on the 1st Amendment and valid on most, but not all, social commentary. In science, however, all positions and ideas are not equally valid and worthy of (equal) consideration, thus the Crackpot Index.

In science there's speculation and then there's theoretical speculation. There is a huge difference between the two. We don't know from direct observation what lies 50 meters below the surface of the moon. We have well founded theories that suggest what is there. It is some form of silicon based rock. But if your statement was correct then I could speculate that 50 meters below the surface of the moon there is a 1 meter thick layer of New York style cheese cake. You could offer no proof that my assertion isn't correct and you would have to give my speculation, based on your assertion, equal weight to the rocky silicate theory. RMT could counter that I was wrong and that the layer consists of a 1 meter thick layer of liquid Jet-A fuel. Again, according to your assertion, we'd both have to give RMT's Jet-A Theory equal consideration to rocky silicate and cheese cake.

I'd say "trust me on this" but you don't have to trust me at all: the cheese cake and Jet-A references are not that much different than most new "theories" you see posed on alt-sci sites like this.

Busted.

RMT

A perfectly ironic exemplification of AI's critique.

At any rate, I think the most efficient way to time travel is to create a time capsule with your coordinates + a small margin of time, say 10 minutes after the placement of the capsule. Better to have many time capsules in prominent places, such as on the moon next to the american flag.

It may take a thousand years for time travel to become a reality but the time capsule theoretically lasts forever. And it may take another thousand years for someone to be (1) willing and (2) able to come back to the coordinates the time capsule gives, but eventually someone could come back...and lo and behold someone shows up 10 minutes from now.

If you only post in a thread just to attack the ideas presented and/or the person presenting those ideas, then you are by definition a TROLL.

And at this point you've made 8 posts since coming onto the forum today. Seven of the eight posts qualify, under your definition, as trolling.

Think I'm wrong? Go back and check your first 8 posts.

Maybe you should take some time to see what this board is about, get a few informative posts in over the course of a couple of weeks and when you have a bit of salt on your sleeve start bashing away at how the forum works and the people who populate it. Hmmm...?

Maybe this isn't the forum for you. If you want "nice" go try Conspiracy Cafe or Above Top Secret. Register at those sites and when you spot a troll, by your definition, light 'em up in your first two or three posts.

And at this point you've made 8 posts since coming onto the forum today. Seven of the eight posts qualify, under your definition, as trolling.

Think I'm wrong? Go back and check your first 8 posts.

I think I'll take you up on that. At bottom you will find a list of my posts.

Maybe you should take some time to see what this board is about, get a few informative posts in over the course of a couple of weeks and when you have a bit of salt on your sleeve start bashing away at how the forum works and the people who populate it. Hmmm...?

In my estimation, this board is about a dominant status quo of back-slapping trolls who feel obliged to attack anyone who questions their disrespectful attitudes. What's more, after attacking a poster such as myself for questioning their trolling, they use the common troll tactic of finger-pointing back at me.

Maybe this isn't the forum for you. If you want "nice" go try Conspiracy Cafe or Above Top Secret. Register at those sites and when you spot a troll, by your definition, light 'em up in your first two or three posts.

Are you saying I am unwelcome at this forum? Why would that be, exactly?

Because I defend myself?

My posts:

Do any of the posters trolling this thread have any genuine knowledge about time travel?

Can anyone explain how time travel works?

No?

Didn't think so.

Please, call Me AI. /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Anyways, I must admit to being lost on some of the details but I wish you luck!

What the?? Now I'm a mimicking troll because I mentioned Thought Police? /ttiforum/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Paranoid schizophrenic even, I would venture, if it were true that I am your sockpuppet. /ttiforum/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

I suppose Twitlite thinks that calling me a crackpot proves he/she isn't trolling?

This entire forum is speculative in nature. Why is khan being trashed specifically?

Anyways, I'm not a scientist but that doesn't mean I can't be intrigued by the idea of time travel. Khan, I am reminded of Flatland... Probably off-topic but...

If space and time are an inseparable "fabric" then could a possible means of time travel be the "folding" of space, superimposing one point in space upon another, which might could be used to transfer oneself to a past or future point? Just riffing here...

My friend, the entire topic of (other than special relativity) time travel is speculative

Yes, that was what I wrote. The forum is for speculations about time travel. The fact that you parroted my meaning back at me is highly suggestive of condescension.

whether it is here or in a paper submitted to Physical Letters by a working theoretical physicist. In each case it is appropriate to question the proposition. In the latter case it is expected by the submitter that paper will be dissected and questioned. It's called peer review.

Uh huh. I understand how peer review operates within formal scientific circles. Here, however, I would call it forum snobbery.

For the working scientist it is only through peer reviewed papers that have passed muster that their positions are taken seriously. Thousands of man-hours of future research and development by applied scientists and engineers and billions of dollars are on the line - not to mention the future development of society at large.

Holy cow. The fate of civilization hinges upon the veracity of claims made at this flyspeck forum.

It's a good thing I didn't tell you that I'm a time travelling zeta reticulan or that might've really blown your circuits, huh?

In the case of this site it is a forum by name. Then entire purpose of a forum is to question the proposer's position(s).

You want nice, go to a poetry site. (And I really don't know anything about poetry sites. They are probably much like this one in the sense of critiqueing the submitter of poetry.)

Nice, not so much... However, if I HAD been of the inclination to post my thoughts on time travel - laymen's thoughts though they may be - the lack of even minimal respect or cordiality shown to me here has surely dissuaded me.

Wouldn't it be more likely that humans are using knowledge of mind control garnered through black projects to hide their own illegal and immoral activities behind a ruse of "alien" experimentation?

As can plainly be seen, rather than my first 8 posts portraying me as a troll, they show that I have from the start had to defend myself against accusations, eg. being a sockpuppet of another poster, and name-calling, eg. being called a crackpot.

When I respond in kind I am called a troll.

So, yes, I would say my estimation of this board as a snobbish troll clique is accurate.

At most one of those posts is trolling. But why are so many focused on throwing around that epithet instead of actually contributing substance to the thread?

But why are so many focused on throwing around that epithet instead of actually contributing substance to the thread?

We have to ask ourselves why are we not being visited by many time travelers from the future, if time travel technology exists sometime IN the future?

1. Humans go extinct before time travel is discovered.

2. The laws of the universe carry grave consequences for messing around too much with causality and the people of the future are wise enough not to mess with the past.

3. Time travel to the past is either impossible or it takes a ridiculous amount of energy which makes it highly impractical.

4. The multiverse theory is true and their is truly an infinite number of diverging worlds. If that is the case, there is a strong chance time travel actually exists on an infinite number of timelines but it might never occur on this one.

5... ?