Is anyone here trying to build a time machine?

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
rebelboy, I recommend that you begin with NT, Network Technology programs, as they're the jobs of the future, and if anyone hasn't guessed by now, most jobs today will eventually require most of their employees to enroll in some form of these associated programs, just to keep their exhisting jobs.
(so there's one for starters.)

Also, it wouldn't hurt to take up reading on physics, particle physics is a much needed basis to understand the basic fudamentals that make up existing forms that contain mass, and their relationship to energy.
of course this is perhaps an understatement, but it is as brief as I could describe it.

*Electronics courses are also a key element if you wish to develop prototype designs of your own, it would be a big help, to enhance your endevours.

In relply to all the post in here:

there's always an answer that work all the time:

"listen to your heart..."

-go to McDonald!

I recently read an article that said we wouldn't be able to travel backwards in time to before the "time machine" was built - any thoughts (I haven't read up on the physics)?

I also had another idea: If someone comes up with a time machine and it does allow backwards travel then we'll know about it immediately because they'll eventually end up touching down in our now or before - won't they? Well here's another thought - if time travel is possible during my lifetime then I'll come back to right now.....

) :This possibility is plausible, in a sens that the "machine" you build to time-travel allows you to time-travel 'since' the day it works until the day is doesn't works anymore.

But, in the case of "bringing" you time-machine with you (in a space-bubble kinda), then it doesn't matter where or when you're going...

It's your choice to beleive one of the many possibilities!

ok, let me get this straight. time travel is theoretically feasible but not yet technologically possible. the only time machine that we can build involves wormholes. an infinitely advanced civilization would be able to capture 2 wormholes, use negative energy to enlarge them. then send one off into space at near the speed of light or at speed of light. when it returns, u have 2 wormholes of different times. so if you go into the wormhole that remained on earth, u will emergy from the other in a different time. but even this there are problems. scientists found that the fraction of the second before the 2 wormholes can become a time machine, all their calculations fail, the existing physical laws will not function. until they are able to merge quantum mechanics and general relativity, we will never know. and also, time travel is not like u can travel back to the days of the roman empire, the earliest day u can travel back to is the day that the worm hole is created. there, i set it straight.

Silver Tempest:-
So you have an interest in knowing if anyone is actually building a time machine. I have been working as part of a team to create a device, which although not 'Time Machine' in the littery sense of the phrase, will have remarkable properties.
What we are in the process of building to systems, one in US and one the UK, which according to Samual Raven (a maths expert working on our team) will enable us to directly transfer information (electro-magnetic) between the two systems using, a space substring. In theory (the bit yet to proved) the information should transfer quicker than should be feasably possible (approx 6.2% faster than if a fibre optic had been used)..
Yours Ben Tyers <[email protected]>

A full release of details surrounding this project will be available from JUNE 16. If you wish recieve a copy, email your interest to me.

I have absolutely no wish for fame. The only reason that I want to build the time machine is to go in the past to witness things like the Egyptian pyramids being built and to see what I was like when I was a kid. (My memories from then absolutely suck). That's all.

Dear SilverTempest,
If your only interest is to go back in time and view events ie egypt, Jerusalem etc you would be better spending time looking inside your own mind.

It is possible to "go back in time" using your own mind,

Regards
Steve

Remember that you saw this note. You may want to tell your friends that you were one of the few to see this.

I have constructed a time machine. I have run the inital test of my model. It's "passenger" was a small digital clock. I expected that the clock would slow down - essentially creating the H.G. Wells effect of outside time running faster than the machine's time. My initial results came out quite the opposite. My first test clock (I've named it "George") ran faster than its twin outside of the machine. After only 30 minutes of run time, it is now a full (1) minute and (55) seconds faster. It's keeping good time now, but it is existing in a state out of phase with its true place in the current timeline.

I'd be happy to discuss this further should any of you like to know how I did it. I'm still trying to sort out why this happened and what the ramifications are. I'm just now starting the next series of tests with an assortment of matched time pieces.

Dear Max
You are aware that your message will cause a scene on this BBS similar to feeding time at the zoo.

I will gladly send you a digicam - why not film the event with a copy of todays newspaper in the background and give us all something to talk about.

Regards
Steve

Dear Max
You are aware that your message will cause a scene on this BBS similar to feeding time at the zoo.

I will gladly send you a digicam - why not film the event with a copy of todays newspaper in the background and give us all something to talk about.

Regards
Steve

Hi Silvertempest

I you seen my website: Star Chamber at http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/ftadefy/

In the next few years I hope to have a bash at constructing such a device.Its going to be a geniune attempt but not a serious one.
And I still have a great deal to do before I get round to building the thing.

From
Tom
Star Chamber Webmaster

01_21_w.gif

Great ideas here TOM!
I hope you plan to join us at our TAP-TEN Expo Nov. 2002.

"Just drop me an email, I'll send details."
[email protected]
<center>
<a href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tapten/join">
join.gif

Click to subscribe to tapten</a>
</center>

asign.gif
</a> <a href="http://ETtracker.tripod.com">
Visit my associate’s website</small>[/B]</font></a>
<font size="-1"><clock></clock></font> </BODY> </HTML>

<This message has been edited by Time02112 (edited 25 June 2001).>

how can you time travel? do you know how to dematerialize your ship? do you have a ship that can travel at the speed of light using the black hole? is your ship strong enough to enter the black hole?

Hi Jensal

The device I am working on is not a ship or vehicle. It cannot physically move through space. The device remains static to one location. The device acts as a doorway or portal to other worlds.
The device does not use blackholes, the energy needed to produce one is enormous.
And travelling through a blackhole would be lethal. Your body would be ripped apart by quantum gravity.
Hopefully the design I'm working is more energy efficient, and expands on existing natural principles, as stated in the "many worlds" interpretation. And by isolating the interior from surrounding universe by using a thin barrier of exotic matter. This allows the atoms which make the traveller, to function in a more non-local way. The atoms cannot connect with the surrounding universe so the atoms will connect with worlds where they can. I hope.
Checkout my website at the link above for more details.

Tom
Star Chamber Webmaster

hi there,
iam a new one on this site. now i am just like u thatis i too want to travel in this spacetime.

now i think traveling in the spacetime does not take into other universes , because st is in the same universe along with the branches acc. to the many worlds intrepretation, what do u think , reply soon

Hi
What I can gather on the many worlds interpretation is that each world is real, yet each may exist outside out spacetime. Our world could be part of a multiverse made up of other parallel worlds, we are not directly aware of.
Check out some books like The Fabric of Reality by David Deutsch, or Hyperspace by Michio Kaku.

You can also take alook at the Stardrive Website at www.stardrive.org. It has a paper on Hyperspace, wormholes, timetravel, etc.
Tom

Back