"The future ain't what it used to be."

Year 2601

Creedo 299, what do you mean by Time Event Bubble? Is this a Titor thingy that makes someone "immune to the effects of changes in a timestream" kind of thing?

Assuming that this is the case, for the purposes of a thought experiment, how does one overcome the basic problem of having an observer measuring a reference frame drop out of and back into that reference frame whilst interacting with it? When measurability temporarily ends, doesn't that mean that the observer has disintegrated? So how do they reintegrate?

If this is a Townsend Brown kind of thing, where is the power coming from? Wouldn't the amount of power be truly gigantic? Like, solar system scale gigantic?

A traveller in a "time bubble" wants to affect the time they are travelling to (all these assumptive terms should be in quotes but whatever). Even if the effect they are attempting is as simple as improving observability of the past, ie replacing cybernetic transmission via books, etc. with direct observation, this is still a measurement and still attracts all sorts of measurement side effects. Given this, how does isolation within a time bubble, which still allows observation of something, make the person independent of the time travel effects?

Re: Year 122601

Once a time event bubble is established, then locality is not part of the time travel equation.

Power to make this time bubble is also not an issue.

Re: Year 122601

Sorry. I like to participate in thought experiments, and I thought possibly Creedo had an inside track to one of the actual theories...

Instead we just have yet more chronicpisstorian rich, delicious fruitcake. *sigh*

Re: The academic discourse, Hogwarts classroom:

The old ones were built in a way, that many contemporaries did not understand.

They were big, tall, imposing.

Harry' as you stand there, you think as a wizard does; but in the truest ancient sense, you are not a real wizard.

They thrived long ago.

They also were the cause of many wars, along with complete destruction of some galaxies.

The gods were distraught at the possibilities of ever letting, something as the wine of a pure wizard's go on so long.

Harry)Well how does this affect me............I mean I have taken the time to study and reaffirm what I know in this art, and now you tell me it's all gone......?

The professor came forward, step by step, as his oxfords parted a path from the bottom of his black frock.

Showing hesitates, he said, "It's not the queen Harry, that makes this statement, nor the M.P.s".

Its from what you know...........What makes you the very thing you are.

The best wizards, are right here.

Well I study physcis at advanced level but well I am interersted in this typeof subject.

einstein proved that time travel is possible We just need a lot of energy to do time travel.
Well you talked about makingtime go faster. Well time can just slow down i think. Example when you are travelling near the speed of light time slows down until it eventually stops. NOww again if oen goeas faster than the speed of light than time goes backwards. Well this can be teh secret than for tiem travel taht si to go bnack in time. But somethign which others me aobut thisi that Einstein also said that there is nothing faster than the speed of light (C) 300,000 km/s

A formula exists which can calculates teh amoun t of energy that can be squezze out of a rotating black hole. This formula is just an expansion of E=mc^2

Well This is the maximum info I can give /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ions, I think you might want to re-edit your post, so that the many can understand it?

The grammar and spelling.

Also C at wiggle values, does not have to include the time travel event at an overall superluminal C, with vector.

Einstein also said that there is nothing faster than the speed of light (C)

I find myself having to constantly correct people's misconception in this area. Einstein never said this. He never even implied this. What he DID imply is that an inertial observer would never be able to perceive any non-inertial observer that was traveling faster than the speed of light.

It could happen... but you would have no substantive "proof" that it happened here in our sub-luminal universe.

RMT

Ah gwenog, thank you for visiting this forum and asking the '2012' question of many 'time travellers' who by now have forgotten about their postings altogether and gone back to their schools and youth clubs to live their normal 21st century adolescent lives! I was horrified at first to think chronohistorian had returned along with his dreaded 'cake and this sig will change every couple of days' line for a mere moment there! thank you for that!!

Tell me what happen in 2012?

The entire Earth gets swallowed by a giant rogue marshmallow from the Delta quadrant.

Fortunately......Captain Kirk is on hand to save the day, and after Spock does a Vulcan mind meld with the 30,000 mile wide marshmallow it is persuaded to return from when it came. Kirk ends up marrying Lt Uhuru.....Spock marries Dr McCoy......and Scotty marries part of a Mark 1 Teleporter. They all live happily ever after...

Ah gwenog, thank you for visiting this forum and asking the '2012' question of many 'time travellers' who by now have forgotten about their postings altogether and gone back to their schools and youth clubs to live their normal 21st century adolescent lives! I was horrified at first to think chronohistorian had returned along with his dreaded 'cake and this sig will change every couple of days' line for a mere moment there! thank you for that!!

oh dave no excuse this time there is a time travel machine from a mar connection and Goverment connection too..so hehe hahah look for the second coming that i post it to you..hahah /ttiforum/images/graemlins/yum.gif

Warrior381 I know all about the time travel from a mar connection and a Government connection already and spurn your spurious ramblings about second comings, o hairless primitive cave ape

Back