TimeTravel_0-JohnTitor

Sorry for the lack of explanation. My understanding of John's machine is that it jumps between parallel dimensions by using the bending of spacetime caused by overlapping gravitational fields. Some believe that is the heart of the funding behind the construction of the CERN LHC. If such technology is possible, then it would solve the majority of our engineering problems with space travel and vindicate Bob Lazaar circa 1989.
I'm sure that "some" believe that. "Some" also believe that the moon is mostly made from blue cheese. In neither case do "some's" beliefs make it fact.
There are facts that are available. We do have a reasonably well defined idea about what effect 500 lbs of mass has on an object at a distance of one meter. That's the entire mass of Titor's Gadget as stated by Titor. That's also about the distance from the gadget the magic wand laser is in Titor's photos. Now it doesn't make a whit of difference if the 500 lbs is uncompressed or compressed into a black hole. One meter from the center of mass the laser will be effected equally by both objects. 500 lbs of mass won't bend a laser 90 degrees - ever - never - from a distance of one meter.

And so Titor's Physics is DOA as given by his own post and photo. Unless, of course, he used magic or otherwise changed the laws of physics. He never mentioned magic so I'm going with the actual law of physics.

You don't have an understanding of John's machine because there was no John's machine. The only thing that it jumps between is the two versions of The Book.

<Jumps between parallel dimensions...overlapping gravitational fields...Bob Lazar vindicated> *Head Slap* One PB&J on HS diploma toasted well. Make that to go. Order up!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure that "some" believe that. "Some" also believe that the moon is mostly made from blue cheese. In neither case do "some's" beliefs make it fact.There are facts that are available. We do have a reasonably well defined idea about what effect 500 lbs of mass has on an object at a distance of one meter. That's the entire mass of Titor's Gadget as stated by Titor. That's also about the distance from the gadget the magic wand laser is in Titor's photos. Noe it doesn't make a whit of difference of the 500 lbs is uncompressed or compressed into a black hole. One meter from the center of mass the laser will be effected equally by both objects. 500 lbs of mass won't bend a laser 90 degrees - ever - never - from a distance of one meter.
And so Titor's Physics is DOA as given by his own post and photo. Unless, of course, he used magic or otherwise changed the laws of physics. He never mentioned magic so I'm going with the actual law of physics.

You don't have an understanding of John's machine because there was no John's machine. The only thing that it jumps between is the two versions of The Book.

<Jumps between parallel dimensions...overlapping gravitational fields...Bob Lazar vindicated> *Head Slap* One PB&J on HS diploma toasted well. Make that to go. Order up!
Ever consider the probability that modern assumptions regarding mass and gravity are wrong?

Ever consider the probability that modern assumptions regarding mass and gravity are wrong?
Absolutely. yes. In fact we know that our notions of gravity are incomplete and therefore to some degree wrong. But...
in the weak field limit we know that our ideas about gravity are valid to a very high degree of accuracy. In the case of a 500 lb mass, compressed into a black hole or uncompressed, at a distance of 1 meter from the center of mass we are most definitely dealing with the weak field domain. No bending of lasers 90 degrees of arc will occur. Never. We know that to be the case because we can put a 500 lb mass out there and observe a laser passed near it. We know that a photon passing very near the surface of the sun (so called "grazing incidence") will have its path curved by 1.75 seconds of arc. Not degrees, not minutes but seconds of arc. One second of arc is 1/1,296,000th of a circle. A tad short of 90 degrees. Last I checked the sun's surface gravitational field (28g) was a touch stronger than that of a 500 lb mass. It's still well within the weak field limit but a hell of a lot stronger than a 500 lb mass.

This is fact, Boomer, the author of the Titor Saga, said that Titor's gadget relied on General Relativity. He even posted one equation derived from General Relativity. He even went so far as to say that the math and science he relied upon was mostly completed in the 1970's. Don't think so? Go back and read his posts.

General Relativity is the basis for time travel. The above referenced 1.75 degrees of arc is both Einstein's theorized deflection of a photon at grazing incidence to the sun and the measured deflection of photons at grazing incidence in independent experiments validating General Relativity shortly after WWI.

Absolutely. yes. In fact we know that our notions of gravity are incomplete and therefore to some degree wrong. But...in the weak field limit we know that our ideas about gravity are valid to a very high degree of accuracy. In the case of a 500 lb mass, compressed into a black hole or uncompressed, at a distance of 1 meter from the center of mass we are most definitely dealing with the weak field domain. No bending of lasers 90 degrees of arc will occur. Never. We know that to be the case because we can put a 500 lb mass out there and observe a laser passed near it. We know that a photon passing very near the surface of the sun (so called "grazing incidence") will have its path curved by 1.75 seconds of arc. Not degrees, not minutes but seconds of arc. One second of arc is 1/1,296,000th of a circle. A tad short of 90 degrees. Last I checked the sun's surface gravitational field (28g) was a touch stronger than that of a 500 lb mass. It's still well within the weak field limit but a hell of a lot stronger than a 500 lb mass.
This is fact, Boomer, the author of the Titor Saga, said that Titor's gadget relied on General Relativity. He even posted one equation derived from General Relativity. He even went so far as to say that the math and science he relied upon was mostly completed in the 1970's. Don't think so? Go back and read his posts.

General Relativity is the basis for time travel. The above referenced 1.75 degrees of arc is both Einstein's theorized deflection of a photon at grazing incidence to the sun and the measured deflection of photons at grazing incidence in independent experiments validating General Relativity shortly after WWI.
What size mass would be needed to generate a field of 2Gs in excess of the Earths gravitational field?

What size mass would be needed to generate a field of 2Gs in excess of the Earths gravitational field?
You can figure out the answer for yourself. All you need to do is supply the distance between the center of mass of the two masses and rearrange the equation to solve for m_2. I do my own math. Your question; you solve your own equation(s):
Newton's Law of Gravitation (perfectly useable in the weak field limit)

F(g) = G (m_1 * m_2)/d^2 where

F(g)=2g=19.82 m/sec^2

G=6.673 x 10-11 N m^2/kg^2 (Universal Gravitational Constant)

m_1=5.97*10^24 kg (Earth mass)

m_2=X (Mass of dependent variable)

d=Distance between centers of mass

You can figure out the answer for yourself. All you need to do is supply the distance between the center of mass of the two masses and rearrange the equation to solve for m_2. I do my own math. Your question; you solve your own equation(s):Newton's Law of Gravitation (perfectly useable in the weak field limit)

F(g)=2g=19.82 m/sec^2

Please accept my apology for this dumb question, but, how do we know that a weak field limit equation is applicable for measuring electron injection results for the rotation of a Kerr type micro singularity?

You can figure out the answer for yourself. All you need to do is supply the distance between the center of mass of the two masses and rearrange the equation to solve for m_2. I do my own math. Your question; you solve your own equation(s):Newton's Law of Gravitation (perfectly useable in the weak field limit)

F(g)=2g=19.82 m/sec^2

Well, that's one way to get my brain to shut down - add letters to math. The bane of my existence since middle school, and god forbid I ever get sent back in time to relive that.

Could you simplify this for us non-math types? I'm fairly good with metaphors, if you've got one.

Please accept my apology for this dumb question, but, how do we know that a weak field limit equation is applicable for measuring electron injection results for the rotation of a Kerr type micro singularity?
You don't because that is not the weak gravitational field. That's electrodynamics. Try this experiment: take two magnets and orient them with like poles facing each other. Now try your best to move them together so they touch. It will be a bit of a struggle.
Next, spin up a black hole with a mass of 100 kg (about 225 lbs) and an event horizon many orders of magnitude smaller than a proton by injecting some electrons. You now have a net negative charge. Now do your best to inject another electron, which is negatively charged, into the negatively charged black hole. It's a no go. Why do you think that we inject neutrons into Uranium-235 nuclei in order to initiate fission instead of injecting protons? The Coulomb Force prevents the positively charged proton from entering the positively charged nucleus just as it prevents the electron from entering the black hole.

You did read Dr. Brown's rather lengthy response to this very question, yes? Just so we're clear, that was Dr. Robert G Brown, PhD, Duke University Department of Physics. He's a professor of mathematical physics at Duke. I contacted Dr. Brown, asked him to comment of the Titor Saga and pointed it out himself (along with about thirty other fallacious statements in the saga). This isn't advanced physics, questionable physics or even "just a tiny bit disputed" physics. The Coulomb Force (aka opposite charges/poles attract, likes repel) is basic, fundamental, high school level physics. Where do you imagine that an atomic bomb gets the vast majority of its fission energy? Its the Coulomb Force. When the newly captured neutron helps the nucleus overcome the strong force and the nucleus fractures, the fragments, repelled by the Coulomb Force, fly away at several thousand kilometers per second. They collide, release tremendous heat...create a fireball. This is the binding energy of the nucleus. It took a supernova, not the 12v DC battery on a Corvette, to bind the nuclei together.

You don't "spin up" a black hole by injecting electrons. That bit of "science" proffer by Boomer was so bad that it wasn't just incorrect it wasn't even wrong.

You don't because that is not the weak gravitational field. That's electrodynamics. Try this experiment: take two magnets and orient them with like poles facing each other. Now try your best to move them together so they touch. It will be a bit of a struggle.Next, spin up a black hole with a mass of 100 kg (about 225 lbs) and an event horizon many orders of magnitude smaller than a proton by injecting some electrons. You now have a net negative charge. Now do your best to inject another electron, which is negatively charged, into the negatively charged black hole. It's a no go. Why do you think that we inject neutrons into Uranium-235 nuclei in order to initiate fission instead of injecting protons? The Coulomb Force prevents the positively charged proton from entering the positively charged nucleus just as it prevents the electron from entering the black hole.
You did read Dr. Brown's rather lengthy response to this very question, yes? Just so we're clear, that was Dr. Robert G Brown, PhD, Duke University Department of Physics. He's a professor of mathematical physics at Duke. I contacted Dr. Brown, asked him to comment of the Titor Saga and pointed it out himself (along with about thirty other fallacious statements in the saga). This isn't advanced physics, questionable physics or even "just a tiny bit disputed" physics. The Coulomb Force (aka opposite charges/poles attract, likes repel) is basic, fundamental, high school level physics. Where do you imagine that an atomic bomb gets the vast majority of its fission energy? Its the Coulomb Force. When the newly captured neutron helps the nucleus overcome the strong force and the nucleus fractures, the fragments, repelled by the Coulomb Force, fly away at several thousand kilometers per second. They collide, release tremendous heat...create a fireball. This is the binding energy of the nucleus. It took a supernova, not the 12v DC battery on a Corvette, to bind the nuclei together.

You don't "spin up" a black hole by injecting electrons. That bit of "science" proffer by Boomer was so bad that it wasn't just incorrect it wasn't even wrong.
Wouldn't a negatively charged singularity function as a monopole? I would suspect that your correct in stating that the singularity will reject an incoming stream of electrons. Would such magnetic rejection cause the singularity to spool up and rotate? I've attached a video that delves into magnetic motors built upon the principle of same polarity rejection:

I suppose it is true that imitation is the most sincere form of flattery… But, there can be only one ME, albeit, on this timeline.

A John Titor who is native to this world line, perhaps. Unfortunately, that John Titor died in New Jersey in the year 1914… Or at least, that’s the only official record I could gather on the internet so far.

You do know Titor was n t his real surname don’t you? It was a pseudonym given to him by the US Military to hide his involvement with temporal correction assignments

[QUOTE='lena8]Your no good to this era if your not going to save this era! Useless! At least make a difference! Save billions of lives!
[/QUOTE]You can’t change the events of history. So you stopping WW2 could have a far worse impact down the road then it happening like it did.

[QUOTE='Gabe333]You can’t change the events of history.
[/QUOTE]Yes you can. I think (unfortunately) World War II was meant to happen, but that doesn't mean nothing at all in the past should be changed.

In fact, I heard rumors saying that in a different timeline, Hitler and the Nazis won WW2, and that that event was altered to the history as we know it. But I believe we're better off in this timeline than the one in which Nazi Germany won WW2.